Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheny Broadband

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

Eannaob wrote: »
    Hi Chris, I along with others have approached the MABTVA committee and UPC to mediate a solution.

Very well done! I don't suppose you want to share some of the background to that on this forum?

Given the upgrade to 50Mb Eircom in Avondale Park, I'm not sure that UPC broadband would be the major pull that it would have been a year or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Battlejuice

Went with Eircom eFibre in the end and the speed test gives me 24MB download and 20MB upload which is more than enough for my needs. Would definitely sign up to a UPC deal if they want to patch fibre direct to the home but for now, this is a whole lot better than what was available before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Same, I ended up with 40/15 which is another world compared to what it was before. However the lines seem to be pretty bad quality in the estate because I should be able to get near 70 at my distance from the cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭a4j_ie

Jealous is not the word....I'm still at 3mb and no sign of watermill rd cabinet being upgraded :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

a4j_ie wrote: »
    Jealous is not the word....I'm still at 3mb and no sign of watermill rd cabinet being upgraded :(:(:(

According to this map http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ the one at my end of Watermill Road is being switched on tomorrow. If I wasn't going away for a fortnight I'd be on to eircom first thing :D

Fingers crossed, my dream of live podcasting could soon come true...

• Advertisement

According to this map http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ the one at my end of Watermill Road is being switched on tomorrow. If I wasn't going away for a fortnight I'd be on to eircom first thing :D

Fingers crossed, my dream of live podcasting could soon come true...

And again...jealous is not the word!! Send me your wifi password and I might well park outside just to get my fix!!! Hahaa!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jhconnolly

FYi....got the efibre set-up Monday, runs at around 40MB download and 20MB upload. (Bettyglen).

Regards
    James

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

This runs through the standard copper phone lines yeah?

i.e. do they just need to upgrade the cabinet without having to lay out new cable to the houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yep, its jumpered onto the line at existing copper cabinets.

ED E wrote: »
    Yep, its jumpered onto the line at existing copper cabinets.

Cheers, do they need to install anything at the phone socket inside the house, or is it simply a matter of getting a compatible modem and plugging it in as with standard ADSL?

• Advertisement

FYI if you'd skimmed any of the threads this has all been explained before.

They fit a new double socket at the main drop point and verify sync with their meter. 20min job.

ED E wrote: »
    FYI if you'd skimmed any of the threads this has all been explained before.

They fit a new double socket at the main drop point and verify sync with their meter. 20min job.

Cheers for the info. Normally I'd spend several minutes skimming threads but time-limited today unfortunately (plus it's useful for those seeing this thread for the first time)

It does say the 17th on the map now alright.

Have u got a link to this map? http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ just seems to show "broad coverage" rather than individual CLK boxes

mrcheez wrote: »
    Have u got a link to this map? http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ just seems to show "broad coverage" rather than individual CLK boxes

www.fibrerollout.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Folks,

Just had a re-read of this thread. Am I right in thinking the only broadband option at The Court, Bettyglen, Watermill Road, is eircom (but not eFibre)?

Thanks!
    G.R.

Folks,

Just had a re-read of this thread. Am I right in thinking the only broadband option at The Court, Bettyglen, Watermill Road, is eircom (but not eFibre)?

Thanks!
    G.R.

Unfortunately g.r. That is the case. No details on when the efibre will go live either.
    I've just moved out of the court a month ago and this was the only downside to what is otherwise a fantastic area with really nice apartments.

If you need any other info send me a PM.

Thanks for the swift reply. I'll PM you as well, if that's okay.
    a4j_ie wrote: »
    Unfortunately g.r. That is the case. No details on when the efibre will go live either.
    I've just moved out of the court a month ago and this was the only downside to what is otherwise a fantastic area with really nice apartments.

If you need any other info send me a PM.

The outgoing tenant's eircom broadband is still connected so I ran a test. The bandwidth was around 3Mb, which is fairly crappy.

I'm wondering would I be better off going with a mobile broadband setup connecting to the 4G network...?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone live in the Glen or Oakwood apartments?

Advertisement