Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm Gordy Brown, I want your body parts

Options
  • 18-11-2008 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Looks like Gordy is on a push for an "opt out" organ donation scheme. Yesterday I seen more sick children wheeled out, what a disgrace. Appeal to the emotions.

Well Gordy, you won't be having any pieces of me. And anyone in favour of this, why not get up off your lazy ass and get an organ donor card, end of story.

No doubt the save the world types will be all over this.

What a disgrace, the government even want your body, how humanity has been degraded.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well unless you're in the UK I doubt he has much of a claim over you anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Looks like Gordy is on a push for an "opt out" organ donation scheme.

This isn't England. This is Ireland. Who gives a **** what "Gordy" does.
    What a disgrace, the government even want your body, how humanity has been degraded.

Not our Government. Who gives a ****? **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

JoeTheDumber=casey, yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I will donate my cock to british aerospace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

snyper wrote: »

Then what will the local children play with?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Looks like Gordy is on a push for an "opt out" organ donation scheme. Yesterday I seen more sick children wheeled out, what a disgrace. Appeal to the emotions.

Well Gordy, you won't be having any pieces of me. And anyone in favour of this, why not get up off your lazy ass and get an organ donor card, end of story.

No doubt the save the world types will be all over this.

I can safely say you're crazy.
    Also, Opt out is the way it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bear in mind that the irish media and civil service mindlessy ape their anglo counterparts at every opportunity and it could be a very real prospect over here too.

" a good heart these days is hard tooo find" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

the government even want your body, how humanity has been degraded.

The NHS wants organs to save lives. There is an opt out option if you don't want to donate, now get off your soapbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

smoke 20 Major and drink 15 pints of guinness a day, no one will want your body parts then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Surely a nanotechnology firm would be more suitable.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Mary Harney's snatch squads will be rounding up people on the streets for body-parts harvesting. Biffo will then sell the bits to Gordon to help towards the budget deficit.

Nodin wrote: »
    Surely a nanotechnology firm would be more suitable.....

i wish!! At least i wouldnt have so much problems back strain carrying this beast in my pants

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Mary Harney's snatch

:eek: I just got sick in my mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭rowlandbrowner

You have failed to check some basic facts before posting.

Firstly, His name is Gordon and he is the prime minister of the UK. I don't think the plan involved the extradition of Irish body parts to the UK (will his blood lust never end?)

Also, if you had simply google'd "organ donation opt out" you would have found information similar to this

"There is a serious shortage of organs for transplant in the UK, with about 5,600 people on the transplant waiting list but fewer than 3,000 transplant operations carried out every year. Although about 70% of the public say in surveys that they would be willing for their organs to be used by others after their death, only around 15% have signed the NHS organ donor register. Many organs are therefore buried or cremated when their owners would have wanted them to be used again, if possible. Moving to a system of presumed consent would enable those who object to the use of their organs to have their views respected, while ensuring the maximum possible donation rate from the rest of the population. Similar systems work in Sweden, in Spain (which has a "soft opt-out" system where the views of close relatives are taken into account) and in Austria (which has a "hard opt-out" system where relatives’ views are ignored). Spain has a higher number of donors than the UK and is the only country to have sustained a year-on-year increase in organ donation for the last ten years."

translation: its a bloody good idea.

I see no reason why we shouldn't introduce the system in Ireland. The Catholics support organ donation, so there shouldn't be any sizeable objection to it.

javaboy wrote: »

That's probably where the squads are hiding. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Mary Harney's snatch squads will be rounding up people on the streets for body-parts harvesting. Biffo will then sell the bits to Gordon to help towards the budget deficit.
    Biffo won't have a chance to sell them because Harney will scoff the lot and unleash a burp that will be heard around the world.

You have failed to check some basic facts before posting.

Firstly, His name is Gordon and he is the prime minister of the UK. I don't think the plan involved the extradition of Irish body parts to the UK (will his blood lust never end?)

Also, if you had simply google'd "organ donation opt out" you would have found information similar to this

"There is a serious shortage of organs for transplant in the UK, with about 5,600 people on the transplant waiting list but fewer than 3,000 transplant operations carried out every year. Although about 70% of the public say in surveys that they would be willing for their organs to be used by others after their death, only around 15% have signed the NHS organ donor register. Many organs are therefore buried or cremated when their owners would have wanted them to be used again, if possible. Moving to a system of presumed consent would enable those who object to the use of their organs to have their views respected, while ensuring the maximum possible donation rate from the rest of the population. Similar systems work in Sweden, in Spain (which has a "soft opt-out" system where the views of close relatives are taken into account) and in Austria (which has a "hard opt-out" system where relatives’ views are ignored). Spain has a higher number of donors than the UK and is the only country to have sustained a year-on-year increase in organ donation for the last ten years."

translation: its a bloody good idea.

All those wasted musical instruments. It's a crime.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Similar systems work in Sweden, in Spain (which has a "soft opt-out" system where the views of close relatives are taken into account)

That really does sound to me to be a really optimal system. Would increase the number of organs available for transplant while at the same time covering the odds pretty well of ensuring that someone who feels fairly strongly against (even those who for some reason didnt opt out) would not be used for organ donation.

The thought of the Gruellers Growler is indeed a terrifying one.

i wish!! At least i wouldnt have so much problems back strain carrying this beast in my pants

Have you tried strapping it to your ankle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

I'm scared. Gordy Brown wants my body parts!!!!

Edit: His name is Gordon Brown!

Edit: He only wants British body parts! Phew!

Edit: He only want British body parts when people are dead!

Edit: He's not a crazy man eating body parts. He is PM!

Edit: He wants this for Organ transpants to save lives!

Edit: People can opt out!!

Edit: I am so relieved! It's ok OP!! Its not a bad idea!

Have you tried strapping it to your ankle?

yea, when i was 12. But as i got older, it wasnt an option

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

yea, when i was 12. But as i got older, it wasnt an option

You mean you grew taller but Little Snyper didn't? :pac:

You mean you grew taller but Little Snyper didn't? :pac:

Sure once Little snyper has a bipod to prop him up and a scope to keep him pointing in the right direction hes grand.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Mary Harney's snatch squads will be rounding up people on the streets

I wouldn't donate my organ to Mary Harney's snatch. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I wouldn't donate my organ to Mary Harney's snatch. :(

She already has about 5 or 6 organs in her snatch already...all simultaniously playing "Inna Gadda Da Vida" by Iron Butterfly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

asdasd wrote: »
    I'm scared. Gordy Brown wants my body parts!!!!

Edit: His name is Gordon Brown!

Edit: He only wants British body parts! Phew!

Edit: He only want British body parts when people are dead!

Edit: He's not a crazy man eating body parts. He is PM!

Edit: He wants this for Soylent Green to save lives!

Edit: People can opt out!!

Edit: I am so relieved! It's ok OP!! Its not a bad idea!

It's a slippery slope!

Enlil_Nick wrote: »
    It's a slippery slope!

Are we still talking about Mary Harney's snatch? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

She already has about 5 or 6 organs in her snatch already...all simultaniously playing "Inna Gadda Da Vida" by Iron Butterfly
    Id rather drink from harneys furry cup than listen to that tune ever again.... bad show old fellow.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

The Catholics support organ donation, so there shouldn't be any sizeable objection to it.

Catholics oppose birth control yet all chemists sell johhny hats... your logic of a 'catholic country' isn't working for me there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement