Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Even during the season it's the same, a certain forum had more posts in the death of the huns thread than their championship party thread, obsessed.

You're obviously seeing things, I can't see anywhere I stated I don't like rivalry.

How long can a championship party thread be? Rangers have been dying for quite a while now and we are delight we can return the glee that was shown when we were almost put out of business especially when its your cheating that has caused your demise. There was plenty of "obsession" with us back in the day. What goes around comes around and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Changing facts again are we ?

Yes, there was laughter and mocking when Celtic were in trouble, but nowhere near the amount shown towards Rangers.

Not that I'm bothered, as TheBuilder says: Obsessed.

But at least have the balls to admit it.

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Yes, there was laughter and mocking when Celtic were in trouble, but nowhere near the amount shown towards Rangers.

I disagree because you are judging the situation largely from internet forums.

When there is a picture in a national paper of a hearse parked outside Ibrox come back to me then we can have an argument about it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Lol. You got the stats on that? Not too many internet forums back then I think.

Dempsey wrote: »
    I disagree because you are judging the situation largely from internet forums.

When there is a picture in a national paper of a hearse parked outside Ibrox come back to me then we can have an argument about it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/hearse2.jpg/sr=1

You were saying ?

The amount of huge banners etc. mocking the death of Rangers is far bigger than when it was Celtic who were in trouble.
    So no, I'm not talking about some idiots behind keyboards.

Imageshack isnt a national newspaper

No kidding Sherlock.

But it still happened, not my fault the Establishment newspapers (Because didn't a tim here say that the newspapers were doing their best to help us ?) didn't pick it up.

No kidding Sherlock.

But it still happened, not my fault the Establishment newspapers (Because didn't a tim here say that the newspapers were doing their best to help us ?) didn't pick it up.

The difference is that a national paper hired the hearse and parked it outside Celtic Park for its back page. Newspapers today dont have the same influence as they did then.

EDIT

Anyways, that picture at Ibrox is "inspired" by the stunt done at Celtic Park. It probably wouldnt have been done otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

So will all the Celtic fans stop using the word 'Hun' ?

After all, 'it's only used as a name for Rangers fans' :rolleyes:

It's not a new club, no matter how many times you lot keep saying it is.

Every team calls you guys huns, not just us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Even during the season it's the same, a certain forum had more posts in the death of the huns thread than their championship party thread, obsessed.

You're obviously seeing things, I can't see anywhere I stated I don't like rivalry.

Have to say mate... I'm loving the hurt!!! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

I know the new club is called "the rangers' but they will still have the same type of fans so they will still be the huns to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Yeah well it's not easy to see the club you love fall apart, as I already posted a couple of pages back I wouldn't want any true fan like yourself, dempsey, rory, to have to go through it, the 'fair weather only here to laugh at Rangers' people that are popping up is a different story.

They'll be the same people who fill the thousands of pages about us on KDS.

Yeah well it's not easy to see the club you love fall apart, as I already posted a couple of pages back I wouldn't want any true fan to have to go through it, the 'fair weather only here to laugh at Rangers' people that are popping up is a different story.

Why are you going on KDS then, obssessed with us are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

oranbhoy67 wrote: »

I don't, my mum and my sister are Celtic fans, so I am aware of what goes on.

... he says, while posting in a Rangers thread.

IronyMeter1.gif

• Advertisement

Anyways, lets get back onto topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18471197

Rangers fans, if there is any that havent jumped ship to the newco yet, should be proud that their shambles of a club have been the catalyst for the SFA finally grabbing the SPL and SFL by the scruff of the necks and forcing them to merge. Also you can be proud that your shambles of a club has galvanised the entire scottish football fan community into wanting clubs to finally stand up and demand proper sporting integrity. Kudos, the death of your club leaves a lasting legacy for Scottish Football! :pac:

And what exactly does this have to do with this situation ?

Or were you just looking for something to post which would allow you to peddle the myth that the club is completely gone ?

And what exactly does this have to do with this situation ?

Or were you just looking for something to post which would allow you to peddle the myth that the club is completely gone ?

The SFA are fast tracking changes outlined in the McLeish report because of whats happening Rangers. You wouldnt be asking this if you bothered to read the article.

I did read it, I was more talking about your incessant need to constantly moan about how Rangers is dead or dying or whatever silly idea it is you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

You'll still be an immature, narrow minded pain in the proverbial.
    Nice to know the status quo still exists eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Yeah well it's not easy to see the club you love fall apart, as I already posted a couple of pages back I wouldn't want any true fan like yourself, dempsey, rory, to have to go through it, the 'fair weather only here to laugh at Rangers' people that are popping up is a different story.

I have to say I'm not getting any enjoyment out of the situation Scottish football finds it's self in at the minute, sure I enjoy that Rangers are suffering for years of fiddling the books but i also have a lot of sympathy for the vast majority of their fans that are suffering because of decisions made which they had no control over.

I have a lot of respect for the Rangers fans on here who come on and give their view on the situation, something I feel i miss out on when reading other forums.

I remember how it felt the day a similar thing nearly happened at Celtic and i don't wish that on any true supporter of any club.

I certainly hope Rangers are back challenging soon.

I did read it, I was more talking about your incessant need to constantly moan about how Rangers is dead or dying or whatever silly idea it is you have.

Dig your heels in all you want, its akin to Juventus and the 3 stars on their jersey.

When the SFA/SPL deduct titles off Rangers I think your head will explode :P

Still going on about that ?

You've been saying that for months now, and there is still absolutely no indication that they will do that.

Still going on about that ?

You've been saying that for months now, and there is still absolutely no indication that they will do that.

You do realise that Rangers is under investigation by the SPL for dual contracts. You do also realise that the CVA rejection gives the liquidators, which will be appointed by HMRC for the purpose of going after Rangers directors for tax liability, the legal powers to investigate and this could provide further evidence for the SFA/SPL on top of their own investigation. Illegal players result in 3-0 losses for any match they are involved with.

No indication, really?

You do realise that that investigation is on hold until the Newco situation is resolved ?

Unless the SFA come out and say 'Yeah, we're going to strip them of trophies' then all you've got is hopes of Celtic fans all over the world.

Not to mention that you can't really strip trophies of a club that is no longer there.
    Unless... you're agreeing that the Newco will hold the same history ?

You do realise that that investigation is on hold until the Newco situation is resolved ?

Unless the SFA come out and say 'Yeah, we're going to strip them of trophies' then all you've got is hopes of Celtic fans all over the world.

Not to mention that you can't really strip trophies of a club that is no longer there.
    Unless... you're agreeing that the Newco will hold the same history ?
    I know the investigation is on hold but it flies in the face of your "absolutely no indication" comment.

The standard practice is to null and void matches (3-0 to the other team) where illegal players are involved. I shouldnt have to point this out to you.

Rangers can be retrospectively stripped of results and titles whether they exist or not. Transferring assets into a newco affects this how?

Eirebear wrote: »
    You'll still be an immature, narrow minded pain in the proverbial.
    Nice to know the status quo still exists eh?

Eh? What are you on?

Im suprised at all the huns on here crying and in shock that there bitter rivals are enjoying every single minute of their demise, i can remember your fans waving 20 and 50 quid notes at us i the mid. 90s singing "yous have got no money" so get off your high horse

... he says, while posting in a Rangers thread.

IronyMeter1.gif

Yes a the rangers thread not a the rangers forum,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

oh seriously will you ever relax and realise that if the shoe was on the other foot you would be the one reveling in out situation

oh seriously will you ever relax and realise that if the shoe was on the other foot you would be the one reveling in out situation

If?

• Advertisement

Not to the extent you lot are.

And that's a fact.

Not to the extent you lot are.

And that's a fact.

No, its your opinion and you've nothing to suggest it is a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Yeah well they always were more obsessed with us than their own team. You only have to see the 'generic hun threads' on other forums to see the levels of obsession with us, hundreds of pages a thread every couple of weeks.

Ironic considering it was Rangers obsession with Celtic that brought them down.

Hartson was signed for 6million but Murray had to double it with the Flo signing. Every fiver they spend and all that? That was obsession.

but I'm not obsessed with Rangers. I'm just enjoying this, it's a huge story and it's been a long time brewing.

Rangers have gone to the wall. Celtic didn't. Of course it's gonna be a bigger story

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Hartson was signed for 6million but Murray had to double it with the Flo signing. Every fiver they spend and all that? That was obsession.

I guessing you read this

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4371825/The-day-Murrays-ego-killed-Rangers.html

To quote John Brown
    “We were going beyond the budget. Money was being thrown at it. I mean Bert Konterman was on £18,000 a week! What the hell was that all about?”
    “When we signed Tore Andre Flo for £12m Jim Duffy was reserve team coach at Chelsea.

“He phoned me and said ‘Are they off their heads?’. Duff said he was fifth choice at Chelsea and a semi-retired Luca Vialli was ahead of him. Then Richard Gough phoned me. He was at Everton and he’d played against him and he just didn’t rate Flo in that sort of bracket.

“Those would have been two simple phone calls to make. Were Sir David and Advocaat not doing their homework?

“It was not just the £12m, it was £30,000-a-week in wages, minimum.

“When you spend money like that, it’s just throwing it away.”
    “Flo’s true value was £4-6m and we threw £12m at that deal. That’s the sort of bad financial management of a football club that comes back to haunt you.

“We turned down John Hartson by failing him on a medical and we signed Flo.

“The day we dumped the Hartson deal we signed Ronald de Boer who had well-documented knee trouble of his own.

“A Dutch doctor sanctioned that. Strange that, eh?”

Ye made John Hartson a bitter man because of your treatment of him during his medical. Well Done! :pac:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/sponsors-side-with-smith-as-newco-loses-support.17891030
    Sponsors are beginning to pull out of Rangers in support of Walter Smith's bid to buy control from Charles Green.

Walter Smith could derail the newco yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I guessing you read this

I did indeed..

The semi-retired Vialli getting a game over the 12million pound star striker :D

ColeTrain wrote: »
    I did indeed..

The semi-retired Vialli getting a game over the 12million pound star striker :D

Its shocking to hear comments like that tbh. Flo came in a fanfare whilst people involved at the club thought that before the ink dried!

Eh? What are you on?

Im suprised at all the huns on here crying and in shock that there bitter rivals are enjoying every single minute of their demise, i can remember your fans waving 20 and 50 quid notes at us i the mid. 90s singing "yous have got no money" so get off your high horse

I couldnt give a flying one wether people like you are enjoying it or not tbh.
    You're average post on this thread is filled with bitterness and hatred, and generally lacking anything in the direction of intelligence.

As you were.

You're average post on this thread is filled with bitterness and hatred, and generally lacking anything in the direction of intelligence.

As you were.

He's said nothing that I've not said. You looking at post counts before deciding who should have an opinion or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

As you were.

A Celtic fan with bitterness and hatred towards Rangers! Well i never!!!! Next you'll be telling me that Rangers fans have some sort of bitterness and hatred towards Celtic!

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    A Celtic fan with bitterness and hatred towards Rangers! Well i never!!!! Next you'll be telling me that Rangers fans have some sort of bitterness and hatred towards Celtic!

Shockin' :pac:

He's said nothing that I've not said. You looking at post counts before deciding who should have an opinion or not?
    monkey9 wrote: »

Difference being some people manage to have a decent, thought out, constructive post which adds to the conversation every now and then.
    Others don't.

TBH i don't even know why i'm posting this. Can't be ****ed with this forum these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Difference being some people manage to have a decent, thought out, constructive post which adds to the conversation every now and then.
    Others don't.

TBH i don't even know why i'm posting this. Can't be ****ed with this forum these days.

Probably because you've no club to support!!

Others don't.

I can understand the frustration and anger, the annoyance at the rival fans sticking the boot in. Celtic fans have been there, its a situation you dont fully understand until you are subjected to it and like said, Rangers are now going through something that is worse for the fans. The EBT scheme and tax evasion stops me from showing too much empathy tbh.

I hope you dont walk away like keithafc, whilst we had our differences in the past I still respect your opinion tbh

I can understand the frustration and anger, the annoyance at the rival fans sticking the boot in. Celtic fans have been there, its a situation you dont fully understand until you are subjected to it and like said, Rangers are now going through something that is worse for the fans. The EBT scheme and tax evasion stops me from showing too much empathy tbh.

I hope you dont walk away like keithafc, whilst we had our differences in the past I still respect your opinion tbh

Fair play man - I don't particularly expect sympathy, but as with all areas of life, there are some whose opinions i respect and , albeit grudgingly, will accept the fact that they will enjoy times like this and then there are the others.

Just because it's an internet forum, doesnt mean i particularly have to accept the narrowmindedness of constant hate filled posts. If we were sitting in a boozer in glasgow, or in dublin or wherever - how often would either of us give the guy who pops in and shouts at the top of his voice about "huns" and "scum" and airs his general hate filled views at anyone who will listen?

I'm not going to walk away (Yeah...i see what you did there! :D) but things are pretty busy in my life right now and that coupled with the current situation at Ibrox leaves me a lot less tolerant, and it's probably best that i keep my actions as much as possible to reading what's been said on here for a while rather than risk pissing off the members that i do have some respect for.

Fair play man - I don't particularly expect sympathy, but as with all areas of life, there are some whose opinions i respect and , albeit grudgingly, will accept the fact that they will enjoy times like this and then there are the others.

Just because it's an internet forum, doesnt mean i particularly have to accept the narrowmindedness of constant hate filled posts. If we were sitting in a boozer in glasgow, or in dublin or wherever - how often would either of us give the guy who pops in and shouts at the top of his voice about "huns" and "scum" and airs his general hate filled views at anyone who will listen?

I'm not going to walk away (Yeah...i see what you did there! :D) but things are pretty busy in my life right now and that coupled with the current situation at Ibrox leaves me a lot less tolerant, and it's probably best that i keep my actions as much as possible to reading what's been said on here for a while rather than risk pissing off the members that i do have some respect for.

Where did i call you scum? And wheres the hate filled views? I couldnt care less if you respect my views or not & this isnt a boozer its an internet forum in case you havent noticed and just because im new to this section of it doesnt make my points any less valid...

Oh and a the rangers fan lecturing folk about narrow minded and hate filled views?? Wheres that pic of the irony meter at full pelt that was posted earlier id post it now if i could be arsed,the jely and ice cream still tastes as sweet now as it ever did

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Oh and a the rangers fan lecturing folk about narrow minded and hate filled views?? Wheres that pic of the irony meter at full pelt that was posted earlier

i dont think ive ever seen eirebear post anything vaguely resembling hate or narrow minded views on here. on the other hand ive seen one post from you and you've already outdone him on that front

Oh and a the rangers fan lecturing folk about narrow minded and hate filled views??

lol :D

Helix wrote: »
    i dont think ive ever seen eirebear post anything vaguely resembling hate or narrow minded views on here. on the other hand ive seen one post from you and you've already outdone him on that front

To be fair, i have got carried away with things once or twice on here. But it's certainly not my default style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Club 12 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Eirebear, sorry to hear about your club, and fairplay for coming on the website and expressing your views. I know alot of very decent rangers fans who love their club and i empathize because i'd be devastated if it was celtic. U are not responsible for what has happened and the amount of stick you get for posting is from people who have never met a rangers fan is not merited.

I think personally a revamp of the leagues and first division would satisfy me, division 3 would be too far in imo, but demotion to Div1 would be a fair compromise will the other sanctions that have been dished out. I am puzzled that there has been a significant lack of contrition from the club, and smith, mccoist, durrant etc have to clarify the EBT position.

I hope alls well in donegal, even though you pumped my team yesterday!

• Advertisement
Advertisement