Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is every gym like this?

• 19-11-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Getting a bit frustrated with the classes on offer in my gym. My membership is up soon so I might look elsewhere.

There's a decent variety of classes but the only ones on at times I'm available (ie. 7-8am, and 7pm onwards) are classes that you have to pay extra for. They boast that membership gives you access to all these classes but they're all scheduled in the middle of the day when I'm at work. There's a performance training class (which looks good in fairness) but it's ten euro per class and it seems to fill up all the early morning and late evening slots. Also Pilates and yoga classes which are extra. At the weekend they have a grand total of 3 classes on, aqua, Zumba and spin (which I don't think I'm ready for yet).

All I want is some sort of all rounder strength/tone class in the morning.

Is this usual or am I being crazy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Some gyms charge, others don't.

Shop around.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Every gym is different.

Last gym I was in every single class was covered by membership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Based in kildare. I wouldn't mind that some classes need to be paid for but it seems that all the free ones are scheduled between 9 and 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Kildare town or county?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭offroadannie

www.theperformanceandfitnessacademy.com at toughers

i joined them about a month ago and this is the 2nd time i've recommended them on boards - no gym compares

• Advertisement

i joined them about a month ago and this is the 2nd time i've recommended them on boards - no gym compares

That was going to be my next reply. Great coaches and crew training there.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Carpet diem

Not sure of places in Kildare but 10 a pop is a rip off IMO.

Gym I'm in and previous one had all free classes and first come basis...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Depends, some places you'll pay a fortune for monthly membership and get "free" classes, others can have a low monthly and charge for classes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

As an aside, while you're still in your current gym, give the spinning class a try - beauty of a spin class is you can go at your own pace.

Had a look, it looks very expensive? I'd like to be able to do classes on top of my current workouts, not to replace them really. I don't know...

I might try spinning. There is a "begin to spin" class but it's on at 10am ಠ_ಠ

• Advertisement

judgefudge wrote: »
    Had a look, it looks very expensive? I'd like to be able to do classes on top of my current workouts, not to replace them really. I don't know...

I might try spinning. There is a "begin to spin" class but it's on at 10am ಠ_ಠ

It's like anything ya get what ya pay for :)

I've referred loads of people to Niall, people who were going to standard gyms and following diet plans and getting no where. I said try it out for just a month and not one of them left after the month and went on to have excellent results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭offroadannie

siochain wrote: »

I've referred loads of people to Niall, people who were going to standard gyms and following diet plans and getting no where. I said try it out for just a month and not one of them left after the month and went on to have excellent results.

Totally agree. After one month, I have lost lots of weight, am much stronger and feel alive. The buzz you get from the class is awesome. And everybody is so supportive and encouraging. I am going 4 times pw so it works out about a fiver a class

I guess you have to make up your own mind though.

siochain wrote: »

I'm sure that's true I just currently am very strapped for cash and no sign of that changing so even my student membership at the gym I'm at is a bit of a luxury! Maybe when I get a real job :) good to know it exists anyway

Advertisement