Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung smart tv Netflix app?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Spent hours this week getting Netflix app working on Samsung D7000 series. When click on app, it tells you you must upgrade firmware; when try to upgrade firmware "by online" it tells you there is no new upgrade available. Our problem was that the firmware was so old it was not able to update "by online". The firmware had "018" in the description, and it needs to be at least "021". We are now at "025". You have to update from a USB stick. Go to samsung.com/ie and enter TV model number, make your way to "support", then "need more downloadable files" then to "firmware". Download the file (need a PC, not a Mac as is .exe!). Unpack the file to a USB, insert in TV, then under Menu, choose the last option (can't remember what it is) and Update software, choose "by USB" and everything should work... 10 minutes later have functioning Netflix :D! IMPORTANT: make sure you are OUTSIDE SmartHub when you try to upgrade.

Cheers for this. It worked perfectly for me. I'd been stuck without Netflix for months. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

Yawlboy wrote: »
    I finally got Netflix working on my UE46D7000 - I had to do two things:

1. Set the time manually on the TV, I had originally selected Auto but the time wasn't set.

2. Set DNS to 8.8.8.8 (Google's DNS Server)

Did both of these and everything works perfectly.

We have a UE32F4500 and after 4 months of working perfectly, Netflix suddenly kicked up a stink either not connecting at all or loading ok but refusing to play any title (or sometimes play it but the next time it was back to the above).
    After trying a ****load of things including smart hub reset and factory reset and firmware update, i found this.
    Changing the time worked once but changing to the open source DNS server seems to have done it (for now, lol).
    Should have stuck with boards.ie for quality advice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doubie

I got mine up and running. There was a second update for the app. Once updated it runs perfectly!!

Only just upgraded the broadband - could that be the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doubie

Is there REALLY that massive a difference between the 6530 and the 7000?

Advertisement