Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Expendables 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Looking forward to this. The first two were great fun. I wouldn't try to read to much into them!!

I find it funny the way Snipes isnt even out of prison yet but has signed on :pac:

He was released nearly two weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

He was released nearly two weeks ago.

Oh, last I heard he was meant to be released in June.

But it's still funny. He has been in talks for expendables 3 for months :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gotta do something to pass the time in the big house...

THERE SHOULD BE A SCENE WHERE THEY BUST HIM OUT OF PRISON!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Galvasean wrote: »

I'll bet my house that he'll have some throw away line regarding taxes, or something like that...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Milla Jovovich could be in Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Milla Jovovich could be in Source

If women are joining the team then it's time for some China O' Brien (Cynthia Rothrock.) :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Galvasean wrote: »

That'd be so cheeky and hilarious! Galvasean = writer = Expendables 3 = big win! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If women are joining the team then it's time for some China O' Brien (Cynthia Rothrock.) :cool:
    ha, brilliant.

Bolo Yueng could be the bad guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

im sure i read somewhere than hulk hogan and kurt angle were being considered

THUUUNDER LIPS! The ultimate male! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Yet he was killed off in No.2 so unless this is some sort of flashback thing, which I doubt, then I'd be curious to see how they tie him into the 3rd again.

Would have to be his twin, surely:D

That would give the character some serious Impact

23164828.jpg

Sylvester Stallone tweeted today that Bruce Willis is out and Harrison Ford is in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Stallone tweet 5 minutes after announcing Ford joining:

Source: Indo
    “GREEDY AND LAZY ...... A SURE FORMULA FOR CAREER FAILURE.”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Willis' CV in 2013 has been pretty shocking really, taking (presumably) fat pay-cheques for appearing in some ropey films. With sleepwalking performances to match. At least other A-list pay-cheque junkies like Nicholas Cage bring a bit of hammy charisma & insanity, Willis doesn't seem like he's bothered anymore; his sulking during the various PR junkets doesn't say much about his professionalism either. The Expendables films may not have lived up to their potential, but it's strange to see him drop out of something that at least maintained a sense of goodwill with his audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭OU812

Imagine being wealthy enough that you can walk away from $750,000 a day for four days work, because they won't give you an extra $250,000 a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ronda Rousey is in this too(she is the UFC's Womens Bantamweight Champion).
    Is Seagal confirmed, I imagine his demands would be bruce willis like, less money more god I am great aren't I?
    Don't know how they'd manage it but something like a Robocop cameo would be just awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

pixelburp wrote: »
    Willis' CV in 2013 has been pretty shocking really, taking (presumably) fat pay-cheques for appearing in some ropey films. With sleepwalking performances to match. At least other A-list pay-cheque junkies like Nicholas Cage bring a bit of hammy charisma & insanity, Willis doesn't seem like he's bothered anymore; his sulking during the various PR junkets doesn't say much about his professionalism either. The Expendables films may not have lived up to their potential, but it's strange to see him drop out of something that at least maintained a sense of goodwill with his audience.

Willis can act when he wants, 12 Monkeys etc but yeah he's been phoning it in for years, he just looks utterly bored in everything he's in these days, he even looks like he's the exact same character. Looper was probably the only film lately where he even looked like he was trying.

• Advertisement

Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas in now as well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,707 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

With all these superstars, one has to wonder whether the budget will stretch to a cinematographer and focus puller this time, since last time filming duties seemed to fall on whatever PA showed up with an iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Maybe some of the celebrities will double up. Mel Gibson is going to be key grip and Banderas will be getting everyone's coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a516272/frasier-star-kelsey-grammer-joins-sylvester-stallones-expendables-3.html
    'Frasier' star Kelsey Grammer joins Sylvester Stallone's 'Expendables 3'

The Frasier and Boss actor will take the part of ex-mercenary Bonaparte, who was first intended for Nicolas Cage

I read that Harrison Ford is also going to replace the Bruce Willis character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

This is really turning from big action names to just big names....have they exhausted all 80s action start already?? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

DVD-Lots wrote: »

I hear a Great Escape (Breaking Mr Snpies out of jail maybe).

Another teaser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

"Rated RRRRRRRRrrrrrrrr"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I hope they kill off Kellan Lutz in the first five minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

First look at Mel Gibson, Wesley Snipes, Antonio Banderas, Harrison Ford and Kelsey Grammer:eek:

Advertisement