Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone else had this experience with microbeads?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Klurton

Valentina wrote: »
    OP, please don't let this charlatan put you off trying extensions again! Just make sure you fully pursue your refund, she should not be left off on this!

It'll just be hard to trust someone with my hair again after this!

I'm definitely going to pursue my refund. I just want to get all my facts straight in relation to small claims court and consumer rights.

On her Facebook page she is adamant that no-one gets money back once the job is done which leads me to believe I'm not the first person whose asked for a refund... God what a chancer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭jomc

Klurton wrote: »
    It'll just be hard to trust someone with my hair again after this!

I'm definitely going to pursue my refund. I just want to get all my facts straight in relation to small claims court and consumer rights.

On her Facebook page she is adamant that no-one gets money back once the job is done which leads me to believe I'm not the first person whose asked for a refund... God what a chancer :mad:

Is her fb page three words? One spelled without a g?

jomc wrote: »
    Is her fb page three words? One spelled without a g?

Yes! How did you know??

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭jomc

Klurton wrote: »
    Yes! How did you know??

Her page has announced that she's heard people are talking sh!t about her and she's really upset because its not true and she never did extensions for these people. She added my gf as well but my gf found it immediately odd when her page said she wouldn't do refunds. For the record my gf goes to issonni now after trying a lot of different places and she's over the moon with them. She used to get her hair done at hairspray but found the difficult staff too much and thought they were overpriced. She tried ceira lambert but got nowhere with them and had consultations at a few different places but she went with who she was most confident in. Usually feeling confident in someone is there or not there for a reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jenniferalan

Op does this girl work for herself or in a Hairdressers? Personally I think that u should put your complaint in writing to her. Do not contact her by text that is too formal

• Advertisement

jomc wrote: »

Her page has announced that she's heard people are talking sh!t about her and she's really upset because its not true and she never did extensions for these people. She added my gf as well but my gf found it immediately odd when her page said she wouldn't do refunds. For the record my gf goes to issonni now after trying a lot of different places and she's over the moon with them. She used to get her hair done at hairspray but found the difficult staff too much and thought they were overpriced. She tried ceira lambert but got nowhere with them and had consultations at a few different places but she went with who she was most confident in. Usually feeling confident in someone is there or not there for a reason!

Ah yes that sounds about right. I didn't want to go down the route of naming her on Facebook but my cousin was so annoyed about the whole thing that she named and shamed her.

I'm glad she did to be honest, because girls then started coming forward saying they had been scammed by her too. One girl had lost lumps of hair and another had contracted a scalp infection! Nasty.

I got them removed tonight and the girl that did it was shocked by how badly they had been done. Your GF was right not to go to her!!

Also just an update -

After my cousin named and shamed her she offered me half my money back. I decided I would accept it as opposed to a full refund because I want to put the whole situation behind me at this stage.

Extensions are out now and the girl who did it said a really bad job had been done! Confirming what I already know but still..

Short hair is great and it doesn't hurt to sleep anymore! Haha :)

Thanks all for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 _shawna_

Hi just read your post I have micro bead extentions in about a month now I've lost count of how many times I have had them out in (addictive) but this time I did notice they were very thin (my hair is very short as well) I didn't bother asking about it because after awhile I got use to it and now I don't even notice... Maybe next time you ask for extentions Mention you want your hair to look thick :D
    Your head will feel sore for a week or two that's normal it's a nightmare but will eventually stop hurting :) hope this helps you and doesn't turn you off ever getting them again :D

Advertisement