Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mention of Terry Pratchett over in the quiz, this is a Pratchett household, except for me! I can read a page or two, even open a book at random and enjoy a page of Pratchett, but I just can't manage a book. Its a bit of a mystery to me, I am a fantasy fan, I love his ideas and can recognise a Pratchett reference (I have heard enough of them!), you would think I would enjoy the books. I know there are Pratchett fans on here, can anyone identify with my non-Pratchettness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

looksee wrote: »
    Mention of Terry Pratchett over in the quiz, this is a Pratchett household, except for me! I can read a page or two, even open a book at random and enjoy a page of Pratchett, but I just can't manage a book. Its a bit of a mystery to me, I am a fantasy fan, I love his ideas and can recognise a Pratchett reference (I have heard enough of them!), you would think I would enjoy the books. I know there are Pratchett fans on here, can anyone identify with my non-Pratchettness?

I don't see what others saw in him at all. Perhaps it's just the genre . I was never a fantasy fan, even as a child. Give me a history or science book with my morning coffee and a thriller to put me in to dreamland at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Rubecula wrote: »
    first ever company to produce crisps with different flavours apparently, but have never even seen them in the shops. I hate Golden Wonder, Walkers are a bit meh, but Seabrooks are luverlee
    I haven't had Seabrooks yet. I intend to carry out a taste test when the darlink goes shopping. I will report my findings in due course

Haven't seen Seabrooks, must be missing something. I prefer Walkers, Tayto are too thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I find making my own therapeutic ... yes odd I know....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

You're either a Pratchett being or you aren't. Discworld is the modern day  Savoy Opera.  Rincewind is Gilbert's (as in G&S's comic operas) old Bunthorn. "When I was a lad", explains all.

Alice1 wrote: »
    I haven't had Seabrooks yet. I intend to carry out a taste test when the darlink goes shopping. I will report my findings in due course

ever try them Alice?

Rubecula wrote: »
    ever try them Alice?
    Nope Rube, but I'm told they are available here. I forgot to ask darlink to buy them cos bigger things took over. Poor Alice got diagnosed with osteoporosis and osteopenia ( a close relative). So I'm now searching for calcium rich foods with all the determination of the "ah for feck's sake" brigade. Seabrooks gone on the long finger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Nope Rube, but I'm told they are available here. I forgot to ask darlink to buy them cos bigger things took over. Poor Alice got diagnosed with osteoporosis and osteopenia ( a close relative). So I'm now searching for calcium rich foods with all the determination of the "ah for feck's sake" brigade. Seabrooks gone on the long finger.

Calcichew for you! Join the club! Everyone I know is on the stuff.

I am so sorry to here this Alice xxx I hope it has little effect on your dancing :D

• Advertisement

Alice you and I should do the moondance together, I believe moonlight is good for brittle bones!

Well, I'm drinking a litre of Avonmore Super Milk so that's me calcium and vitamin D sorted. (Gawd, it's horrid) Only problem now is me protein - I'm supposed to eat 72g of protein every day. I'm vegetarian and can't stand Cod Liver Oil...

Oh I think me dancing will be fine. It's in my spine not my legs.

I didn't know about the moonlight - that's lucky then Jelly. We must practise our routine for the next full moon.

Well, I'm drinking a litre of Avonmore Super Milk so that's me calcium and vitamin D sorted. (Gawd, it's horrid) Only problem now is me protein - I'm supposed to eat 72g of protein every day. I'm vegetarian and can't stand Cod Liver Oil...

Oh I think me dancing will be fine. It's in my spine not my legs.

I didn't know about the moonlight - that's lucky then Jelly. We must practise our routine for the next full moon.

Mrs. S has both and in on Caltrate tablets (auto correct keeps wanting to enter castrate - heaven forbid!). At first the calcium tablets were on prescription but are now available over the counter. Bone density is still diminishing but the rate has really slowed.

Doesn't stop her dancing either.

Oh thank you Srameen. Taking two Castrate Caltrate tablets would be a lot easier than trying to drink the litre of milk & much cheaper. :)

Suggestions now for the protein please. 72g a day.

Oh thank you Srameen. Taking two Castrate Caltrate tablets would be a lot easier than trying to drink the litre of milk & much cheaper. :)

Don't forget Calcium intake is pointless if it's not absorbed, so Vitamin D is crucial - cod liver oil, salmon, spinach, milk, potatoes.

Don't forget Calcium intake is pointless if it's not absorbed, so Vitamin D is crucial - cod liver oil, salmon, spinach, milk, potatoes.
    Thanks Kaylee Nutty Fridge, yes I'm supposed to take 800 IU per day and the caltrate has 400 IU

Vegetarians will have a problem with this, but I'm on chicken, fish, eggs, greek yogurt and pulses and a little red meat. Lots of salads and fruit as I luv 'em.

Eat tinned sardines, bones and all, protein and calcium together.

I had a salad this evening with some tinned salmon. It was a very cheap brand and it didn't look very pretty but tasted fine. I pulled out the bones but I should have mashed them in. Silly me.

Eat tinned sardines, bones and all, protein and calcium together.
    Thanks Looksee, but I'm vegetarian.

• Advertisement

for dinner today I hoped for colcannon (sp?) but got mashed sweet potatoe and chicken with kale, peas and mashed corrot and turnip. lovely especially as it was done for me .

Not terribly keen on Sweet Potato or Kale, but the rest sounds lovely. I loves me spuds.

I like sweet potato and potato mashed together, nice flavour and texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just put today's food on to simmer.... One chicken wing just for stock; small sweet potato to thicken, and a large chopped leek. Whatever I have most of that needs using first. LOVE sweet potatoes.. they make good chips.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Not terribly keen on Sweet Potato or Kale, but the rest sounds lovely. I loves me spuds.
    Graces7 wrote: »
    Just put today's food on to simmer.... One chicken wing just for stock; small sweet potato to thicken, and a large chopped leek. Whatever I have most of that needs using first. LOVE sweet potatoes.. they make good chips.

Well I have to take back what I said above, I discovered Sweet Potato chips a couple of months ago and I'm hooked on them now.

Well I have to take back what I said above, I discovered Sweet Potato chips a couple of months ago and I'm hooked on them now.

Mrs S cooks them regularly but I just don't like them. I'll stick to deep fried sticks chopped out of potatoes.

I don't think I would replace spuds with the sweet potato but they have become a nice alternative here. Cost-wise spuds are cheaper anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Graces7 wrote: »
    ...LOVE sweet potatoes.. they make good chips.
    ... I discovered Sweet Potato chips a couple of months ago and I'm hooked on them now.

BLASPHEMY!I demand these people get banned for, for, gah, I can't even repeat it.
    :(
    I think I'm gonna be sick.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    BLASPHEMY!I demand these people get banned for, for, gah, I can't even repeat it.
    :(
    I think I'm gonna be sick.

Next thing they'll be eating mango and drinking those smoothie things.

• Advertisement

Sweet potato chips would go very well with your roast goat OG.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement