Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Rubecula wrote: »
    and now my car has broken down :mad:
    * falls over and sobs *

Aww for flip's sake!! There, there pet, let it out, let it out! (Mops up Rube's dribbles)
    Save

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

god alone knows what it will cost as it will take to the end of the month to fix :(

without a car round here I am stuffed big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Why will it take to the end of the month? Can you get the oul can of oil out and rev up yer push bike?

work is quite big Alice and the garage need to get parts ordered also they are busy and mine was not pre booked.

not able to ride a pushbike due to medical reasons.

Ah Rube, that's very disfortunate (my new word) Is there another garage that could do it sooner?

• Advertisement

Another idea but probably useless, might your insurance company assist with a car rental?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Forget the car. Spend the repair money on this instead.

Z-750x500.jpg

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

I recognise that yoke! It was Wally and Nora's!

OldGoat wrote: »
    Forget the car. Spend the repair money on this instead.

Z-750x500.jpg

I LURVE DAT TING always been a motorbike lad
    and that is wondrous to behold, sadly out of my price bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,204 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Would you look at the dust in here, no-one been in in ages, they are all off at that quiz thing. I'm going to give it a quick buzz round with the hoover and a bit of a dust, then put the kettle on. Tea anyone?

Can't find OG's cabinet, did he take it with him? Well you'll have to bring your own beer. Or whatever you are having. I think the oul fellas find the beer a bit gassy, I've gone right off it. Not that I was a big beer drinker, preferred wine, but now I'd have a drop of brandy if it was offered. Think I would prefer a cup of tea to be honest.

I got myself a new motor, a Toyota hybrid, very nice! Very economical on petrol and now I have got used to the automatic gears I wouldn't go back! So what else is happening, any news anyone?

• Advertisement

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sniffle *yawn* oh hi there Looksee, how's about a cuppa?

My passat has a hole in the exhaust so I decided to get a small car as a local runaround, eventually bought a semi utomatic Mercedes. great little car but not too comfy on a lomg trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

Congrats on the new hybrid (what does the "ota" bit refer to?)

I'm just having a fish 'n' chip supper after the last opera in Wexford and a high quality fireworks display on the quays.

Flaked out. Not sure I can be bothered to struggle into the PJs - may just sleep in the Tux.

garancafan wrote: »
    Congrats on the new hybrid (what does the "ota" bit refer to?)

I'm just having a fish 'n' chip supper after the last opera in Wexford and a high quality fireworks display on the quays.

Flaked out. Not sure I can be bothered to struggle into the PJs - may just sleep in the Tux.

I only woke up myself an hour ago. but why I fell asleep at mid day I have no idea. hope your fireworks went well.

Oi! ota indeed! Its a nice little car.

looksee wrote: »
    Can't find OG's cabinet, did he take it with him?
    It's hid.

*snickers* not very well *tops up an empty gin bottle with tap water*
    A wee bit wet for London dry, why there is no rum I will never know but OG's taste has always been suspect.
    *sneaks off with a suspicious lump in his jumper*

On Friday, I got my award for having given 50 donations of blood. Nice.

I used to be a regular donor but then became 'undesirable' :D when I was 25.

I gave gallons of the stuff but never got anything apart from the odd custard cream lol

There are quite a few restrictions - sometimes the blood is for the tiny premature babies.

• Advertisement

I gave gallons of the stuff but never got anything apart from the odd custard cream lol
    Oh I got the custard creams too - and the lovely Tayto crisps.

never had Taytos are they as good as Seabrooks?

Wanted to give blood a long time ago and asked my doc. I thought I heard him scream something like 'unclean, unclean'. But it might have been more like 'anemia, anemia', so I wasn't up to scratch it seems! :( But I still have all me own teef! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

I can recollect a time when you got a bottle of Guinnefs for a donation. Are we being short-changed nowadays?

never had Taytos are they as good as Seabrooks?
    How very dare you? You Philistine! Tayto are sacred sacrosanct
    loverly.

I can recollect a time when you got a bottle of Guinnefs for a donation. Are we being short-changed nowadays?
    Oh no there be no alcohol any more. You can have a cold drink (water or Fanta) or a hot drink (tea or coffee)

Yef indeed! :)

Alice1 wrote: »
    How very dare you? You Philistine! Tayto are sacred sacrosanct
    loverly.

first ever company to produce crisps with different flavours apparently, but have never even seen them in the shops. I hate Golden Wonder, Walkers are a bit meh, but Seabrooks are luverlee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I think walkers taste very artificial.

You cant beat a tayto sandwich.

• Advertisement

They won't take my blood cos I might have the Mad Cow. I'm reliably informed that 3 martinis a night is the recommended preventative.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement