Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

sibby wrote: »
    Anyone tried the new Superdrug Glycolic Overnight Peel? Thinking of getting one but can't find many reviews online.

Would love to try it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Picked up these Wet N Wild lipsticks for only €2.99 each. Love the colours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

KGLady wrote: »
    I've seen a few video reviews of their naked dupes and had been a little uncertain about ordering them or not, but now to see a positive review here I reckon its worth a punt for the low price :D
    After seeing keredern post I couldn't help myself. I picked up the same eyeshadow pallet, a blush pallet, a lipstick and a couple of nail polishes. It was about 30 euro for the lot including delivery, crazy cheap.

I love the blushes, they are crazy pigmented so you only need a tiny bit and they blend well. They eyeshadows are a very good dupe of Urban Decay, they have a similar texture and pretty good pigmentation. Urban Decay shadows are a little bit creamier and a bit more pigmented but the make up revolution ones are close enough to be worth the huge savings.

My favorite item of the bunch tho is the lipstick, its the nicest I've ever used. Once it's on you can hardly feel it and it stays on for ages, never had that with any other lipstick. They don't have a great selection of colours tho, and browsing them on the site is a pain because each colour is individually listed.

Haven't had a chance to try out the polishes yet so can't comment on them.

Delighted you ladies have given MUR a go!!

I'm in love & can't stop ordering!!!

I haven't found a single item that's less than brilliant!

BUT best of all for me is that they are completely cruelty free.

I won't buy anything, including Urban Decay, that's associated with animal testing in any way.

(They're owned by L'Oreal - the worst animal cruelty offender).

For those thinking about ordering you can order most of their products off Superdrug using ParcelMotel.

http://www.superdrug.com/b/Makeup%20Revolution?resultsForPage=60&q=%3Aname-asc%3Abrand%3A412007&minSel=1.0&maxSel=25.0&minSlider=1.0&maxSlider=25.0&resultsForPage=20&text=#

Orders over £10 are free delivery in the UK so you will only pay the PM fee of €3.95.

http://www.superdrug.com/delInfo#.VChkcbKd8k4

If you order direct from MUR's own site, their postage is £4.95 for European delivery.

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/

However, if you're ordering £30 or more (And you will!!!!) then use ParcelMotel because you will get free MUR delivery!

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/delivery

This means you can order ALL their products!!! Lol

(And I am not associated with them in any way, more's the pity! :rolleyes:)

Happy shopping ladies...you will not be disappointed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Has anyone ordered from Kiko before? I put through an order on Saturday and it still has not processed... Picked up a foundation, powder, blush, eyeliner, primer and two lippies for 58e. Hopefully it goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dreannz

On a recent trip to uk, I picked up makeup revolution pleasure dome eyeshadow palette and also a sleek palette.
    I am loving the revolution one ,will be definitely buying them all next time I'm over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Just after placing an order with Cult Beauty.

Oskia Renaissance cleasning gel
    osk011_oskia_renaissancecleansinggel_780x980.jpg

the Alpha H Liquid Gold Discovery Collection
    alp021_alpha-h_liquidgolddiscoverycollection_800x960.jpg

I already use Liquid Gold, so along with a 30ml of that, there is a Liquid Gold Intensive Night Repair Serum (15ml), Liquid Gold Perfecting Daywear (15ml), Essential Hydration Cream (15ml) and Balancing Cleanser (30ml).

I'm looking forward to trying these out. I'm loving skincare products lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Going to Scotland (Edinburgh) this month - any beauty products I should look out for that you can't get in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Going to Scotland (Edinburgh) this month - any beauty products I should look out for that you can't get in Ireland?
    Superdrug has some great brands that you can't get here. I always go there if I'm up the north.

MUA: lipsticks are only a pound and are really good. I like their cream blushes as well. And they do dupes for the Naked 1 & Naked 2 palettes for £4. The eyeshadows in general are nicely pigmented and last long enough over a primer. They have a little bottle of make up setting spray (like the Urban Decay one), which I really like as well.

Me Me Me: I really like the pen eyeliner.

Sleek: eyeshadow palettes are amazing, such good quality for the price. Their blushes are easily the most pigmented I've ever used, even more than my favourite Illamasqua ones. Not crazy about the lipsticks as I've found them to be pretty drying.

You can't get Illamasqua stuff here sadly, but it is available in Debenhams in the UK. Definitely my favourite beauty brand. The nail polish, blushes and lipsticks are fantastic. I love the Skin Base foundation, which is the only foundation I've found to properly match my super pale skin. The Eyebrow Cake is brill as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Superdrug has some great brands that you can't get here. I always go there if I'm up the north.

MUA: lipsticks are only a pound and are really good. I like their cream blushes as well. And they do dupes for the Naked 1 & Naked 2 palettes for £4. The eyeshadows in general are nicely pigmented and last long enough over a primer. They have a little bottle of make up setting spray (like the Urban Decay one), which I really like as well.

Me Me Me: I really like the pen eyeliner.

Sleek: eyeshadow palettes are amazing, such good quality for the price. Their blushes are easily the most pigmented I've ever used, even more than my favourite Illamasqua ones. Not crazy about the lipsticks as I've found them to be pretty drying.

You can't get Illamasqua stuff here sadly, but it is available in Debenhams in the UK. Definitely my favourite beauty brand. The nail polish, blushes and lipsticks are fantastic. I love the Skin Base foundation, which is the only foundation I've found to properly match my super pale skin. The Eyebrow Cake is brill as well.

You can find Illamasqua on Debenhams Ireland website:

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigate?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10001&txt=illamasqua+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Just ordered a massive amount of stuff from Makeup Revolution. Anyone know how long they take to ship?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Just ordered a massive amount of stuff from Makeup Revolution. Anyone know how long they take to ship?

They say on the website to allow up to 30 days for international delivery before contacting them. But my order took less than a week so they are probably just covering their asses for the odd delayed delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've been trying out a tester of the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, and it is easily the highest-coverage base product I've ever used.

It's pretty dense stuff, highly pigmented and it covers virtually everything. You only get a tiny amount of product for €47 but you literally use a teeniest bit to cover your face. It can be used as a concealer as well, or mixed with a moisturiser for a sheerer look.

I definitely recommend it if you've got the type of skin that Double Wear doesn't help, although it does highlight dry patches so it's not great for flaky skin. Still, it's great for awful skin days.

US300022865_KEVYN.jpg?sw=344&sh=344&sfrm=jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Sensual skin enhancer has been on my wishlist for so long, I had forgotten about it til your post! Now I'm very tempted to bite the bullet :)

Tasden wrote: »
    Sensual skin enhancer has been on my wishlist for so long, I had forgotten about it til your post! Now I'm very tempted to bite the bullet :)

If you can get to a SpaceNK they will give you a sample. The shades are pretty hard to decipher IMO.

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    If you can get to a SpaceNK they will give you a sample. The shades are pretty hard to decipher IMO.

Brilliant, is there one in dublin city centre do you know?

Brilliant, is there one in dublin city centre do you know?

Yep on Grafton Street where the old Body Shop was. Enter at your peril :P

Yep on Grafton Street where the old Body Shop was. Enter at your peril :P

I'm blaming you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

They say on the website to allow up to 30 days for international delivery before contacting them. But my order took less than a week so they are probably just covering their asses for the odd delayed delivery.

Ditto!!

I ordered a load too.

It was dispatched today & I hope it will hit my ParcelMotel by Saturday.

My previous orders were very quick!

nursemar88 what goodies did you order? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

I ordered on 30th Sept and Mr Postie delivered them on the 6th Oct. Very pleased with that turn around time, esp as it included a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Can't recommend this delightfully luxurious face oil enough, it's really amazing as an indulgent treat. Cleanse and tone as normal in the evening and while your face is still damp from toning, rub a few drops of this in the palms of your hands and apply on face and neck. It guarantees silky soft skin the next morning and while it seems expensive, it actually isn't when you consider the results and the minuscule amount required with each use (as well as smelling sublime!)

http://www.clarins.co.uk/blue-orchid-face-treatment-oil--dehydrated-skin-/C010401002.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Got myself essence princess mascara with a free eyeliner for €4. wasnt expecting much, had actually gone in to try and buy a lancome mascara but none of the staff seemed remotely interested in serving me so I went over to the essence stand instead.
    This princess mascara seriously punches above its weight for price. The trick is to get it on and let it dry. the 'cobra' brush is grand but i've no idea which end of it i should be using but it doesnt seem to matter. Once its dry it doesn;t budge. I sneezxed straight after applying it the other day though and it went everywhere! so apply it and give it a minute and you are all set. Very happy with this, saved me 20-30 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Got my make up done in Bobbi Brown in Arnotts today and picked up a few pieces afterwards.

lip gloss in number 4 Buff

Lip stick in 1E Pink Kiss

a retractable lip brush

Long wea cream eyeshadow stick in 7 Shadow

and sparkle eye shadow in 1 Silver Moon.

Delighted with the look

Dropped in to get a sample of the SSE but they are having issues with the deliveries or something so didn't have any :(

Dropped in to get a sample of the SSE but they are having issues with the deliveries or something so didn't have any :(

That's strange. Hopefully they'll get some in again soon.

I couldn't get my hands on a sample of NARS Sheer Glow for ages until last week or so.

That's strange. Hopefully they'll get some in again soon.

I couldn't get my hands on a sample of NARS Sheer Glow for ages until last week or so.

The lady seemed a bit cagey about details tbh and I asked do they have an idea of when to check again and she said she hasn't a clue, don't really want to order online without trying it first if I can help it though

The lady seemed a bit cagey about details tbh and I asked do they have an idea of when to check again and she said she hasn't a clue, don't really want to order online without trying it first if I can help it though

Hmm. Hopefully it was just a case of a less than helpful SA, because it's very dear to blind-buy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I picked up a sample of Yves Saint Lauren's new Fusion Ink foundation yesterday. I had high hopes for it because all the blogs that posted about it described it as my perfect foundation. Pretty disappointed with it, it's very chalky looking and has zero coverage. I usually like fairly light coverage, but this just looked like I coated my face in lots of translucent powder, very strange texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Bought the new loreal pure red lipstick in evas shade, it's such a beautiful real red. I did a swatch test with all the other shades and found them quite orangey and pink towards my skin tone. It was on offer, €8.99 reduced from €11.99. I got a lip liner from maybelline (pleasure me red) and it matches perfectly with the lipstick.

Also bought the "In the Night" pallette from W7 , the colors are great for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

On recommendations from this thread I picked up the following two items when in Dublin few weeks ago:

photo7_zps8f3c0ab9.jpg

The Blush is Nars Sex Appeal, and has now replaced Benefit Hervana as my favourite blusher. It is so natural looking for pale skin and has a lovely finish. It blends very well on to my skin and is great for a no makeup look. Thanks to all the pale girls on here who recommended it!

I also picked up Sheer Glow foundation. First time I put it on was with my fingers and while it was okay looking, I wasn't made about it. I have been using it with Real Techniques sponge ever since and it really is a lovely foundation. Once again very natural and very build-able if you want to cover any problem spots. I wear it with Benefit highbeam and have had so many compliments on how glowy and healthy my skin looks.

I only started using Nars about two months ago but am absolutely blown away by the quality of their makeup products and wish I had invested in some of their products sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

panda100 wrote: »
    On recommendations from this thread I picked up the following two items when in Dublin few weeks ago.

The Blush is Nars Sex Appeal, and has now replaced Benefit Hervana as my favourite blusher. It is so natural looking for pale skin and has a lovely finish. It blends very well on to my skin and is great for a no makeup look. Thanks to all the pale girls on here who recommended it!

I also picked up Sheer Glow foundation. First time I put it on was with my fingers and while it was okay looking, I wasn't made about it. I have been using it with Real Techniques sponge ever since and it really is a lovely foundation. Once again very natural and very build-able if you want to cover any problem spots. I wear it with Benefit highbeam and have had so many compliments on how glowy and healthy my skin looks.

I only started using Nars about two months ago but am absolutely blown away by the quality of their makeup products and wish I had invested in some of their products sooner.

As a fellow very pale girl I can say I also love this foundation, I use it in Siberia and it's just lovely. Very yellow toned but I love that as it's great at counteracting the red tones in my skin!
    Would love to try sex appeal too, would you say it's natural enough on? I have orgasm and just find it a bit too peachy orange and shimmery for everyday!

Advertisement