Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Have discovered facial wipes from Penneys! Few different types but yesterday I picked up the P.S I love your skin - exfoliating facial cleansing wipes. One smooth side to take your make up off and the other beaded side exfoliates and gives your skin a deep clean. It is leaving my skin so soft. I love them and am going to stock up on them. €1.50 a pack!

With microbead technology and cucumber extract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Frog Song wrote: »
    I've never heard of the derma wheel/roller before, looks interesting. Is it safe to use lindtee? Sounds scary!

I'd love some more info on this too!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I decided to try Collections 'Work the Colour' nail varnish today.. less than 3 quid a pot I wasn't expecting much but it's brilliant...

I got it in Sonic Blue, I've applied 3 coats in the space of 15 minutes, it's going on really well and drying really quick and the colour is really strong!!

A bargain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

gg2 wrote: »
    I'd love some more info on this too!!

I have one, got it for next to nothing on ebay from China. Its great, it is kind of sore to use and your skin will be red afterwards but next morning your skin looks refreshed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I have one, got it for next to nothing on ebay from China. Its great, it is kind of sore to use and your skin will be red afterwards but next morning your skin looks refreshed

Do you have to be really careful about what products you use afterwards? I'm very curious :)

• Advertisement

lukesmom wrote: »
    Have discovered facial wipes from Penneys! Few different types but yesterday I picked up the P.S I love your skin - exfoliating facial cleansing wipes. One smooth side to take your make up off and the other beaded side exfoliates and gives your skin a deep clean. It is leaving my skin so soft. I love them and am going to stock up on them. €1.50 a pack!

With microbead technology and cucumber extract.

I take it all back have gotten outbreak of acne since using them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Oh no :( any chance you just over exfoliated and it aggravated your skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Face wipes always give me acne, I never bother with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭copey

E45 best moisturiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

Oh dear! I always find facewipes very harsh on my skin. If you need something for those nights where you just want to wipe your face clean quickly maybe try a micellar water?
    I've used Bioderma and found it the best but very hard to come by. The garnier and l'oreal ones are also really good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Oh dear! I always find facewipes very harsh on my skin. If you need something for those nights where you just want to wipe your face clean quickly maybe try a micellar water?
    I've used Bioderma and found it the best but very hard to come by. The garnier and l'oreal ones are also really good!

Agree. Any time I use face wipes I usually get a load of spots or dry patches on my chin and also a tightening around my eye area. I just avoid them at all costs they should only be used every now and again if you're desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Haven't gotten mine yet but good to hear a positive review. I ordered mine from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H40LFGM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

The Garnier Micellar water is €4.47 in Tesco at the min (for 400ml) so picked it up as the L'Oreal one I have is nearly finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

The Garnier Micellar water is €4.47 in Tesco at the min (for 400ml) so picked it up as the L'Oreal one I have is nearly finished.

Penneys do the Garnier one for the cheapest I've seen, last time I was in there it was around €3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Bought this Real Techniques retractable bronzer brush in McCabes pharmacy in the Cresent in Limerick this evening. Reduced to €10.70 from around €15. Had a range of other RT brushes also reduced. Went to Shaws after and they also had a wide range of RT brushes reduced. Haven't used it yet but have a lot of other RT brushes so expect it to be reasonable quality. Had been on the lookout for a bronzing brush so was delighted to find it on sale. It being retractable will prevent it getting damaged when travelling too.

Treated myself to the indulgently beautiful Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in Dolce Vita today. The shadows are deliciously buttery, blend wonderfully and the shimmers hold their pigment when applied.
    It's everything luxury cosmetics should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Treated myself to the indulgently beautiful Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in Dolce Vita today. The shadows are deliciously buttery, blend wonderfully and the shimmers hold their pigment when applied.
    It's everything luxury cosmetics should be.

Ooh I'm jealous! I have that as well as Vintage Vamp and Rock Chick on my wish list (and several of her lipsticks!)

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Ooh I'm jealous! I have that as well as Vintage Vamp and Rock Chick on my wish list (and several of her lipsticks!)

I have to say handing over the €50 was quite painfuI, don't know if I'd fork it out for her other palettes, I'll see how I fair with this but it isn't an everyday item! The counter was jammed with people which surprised me, although the girls were lovely and willing to go the extra mile to help you. Confession: I tend to judge beauty counter workers on their personal make up and all the girls looked amazing which sealed the deal for me!

Dying to get my hands on the urban decay naked basics 2 now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

I decided to invest in the Eve Lom cleanser. I used a sample of it before and loved it. Hopefully I'll love it if I use it all the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Aww I would love to go back to eve lom. Its fab! But after the blowout I have had in the recent weeks:

Pixi glow tonic
    FAB exfoliating pads
    All day all night from sisley eek! But I got gift with purchase! Oh godI
    I hope I like it since it was so expensive
    I have been seriously thinking about
    Getting the precious rose oil from sisley too :-o hethhemgII
    Need to go to rehab I think
    Has anyone tried all day add night?
    X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

keredern wrote: »
    Makeup Revolution are fantastic!

I adore their products...have several of their palettes & they are exceptional!

Most are only £4 including the Naked 1, 2, & 3 dupes.

Highly recommend them!

I've just placed another order & can't wait!! :)

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/

I've seen a few video reviews of their naked dupes and had been a little uncertain about ordering them or not, but now to see a positive review here I reckon its worth a punt for the low price :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

KGLady wrote: »
    I've seen a few video reviews of their naked dupes and had been a little uncertain about ordering them or not, but now to see a positive review here I reckon its worth a punt for the low price :D

After seeing keredern post I couldn't help myself. I picked up the same eyeshadow pallet, a blush pallet, a lipstick and a couple of nail polishes. It was about 30 euro for the lot including delivery, crazy cheap.

I love the blushes, they are crazy pigmented so you only need a tiny bit and they blend well. They eyeshadows are a very good dupe of Urban Decay, they have a similar texture and pretty good pigmentation. Urban Decay shadows are a little bit creamier and a bit more pigmented but the make up revolution ones are close enough to be worth the huge savings.

My favorite item of the bunch tho is the lipstick, its the nicest I've ever used. Once it's on you can hardly feel it and it stays on for ages, never had that with any other lipstick. They don't have a great selection of colours tho, and browsing them on the site is a pain because each colour is individually listed.

Haven't had a chance to try out the polishes yet so can't comment on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Thanks Tiddly that was all the encouragement I needed. Just ordered all 3 iconic palettes (why not at that price!), an eye pencil, the creamy concealer and I couldn't resist the velvet lipgloss :D Hopefully the delivery will be uncomplicated now as that is what will ultimately be the decider for me. Looking forward to trying them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

KGLady wrote: »
    Thanks Tiddly that was all the encouragement I needed. Just ordered all 3 iconic palettes (why not at that price!), an eye pencil, the creamy concealer and I couldn't resist the velvet lipgloss :D Hopefully the delivery will be uncomplicated now as that is what will ultimately be the decider for me. Looking forward to trying them out.

Mine arrived in just under a week, but they say on the site to allow up to 30 days for international so I may have just gotten lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Frog Song wrote: »
    Penneys do the Garnier one for the cheapest I've seen, last time I was in there it was around €3.
    Seriously? I've seen it being sold for 8 euro in some places so thought I was getting a great offer haha. Is there a smaller bottle available I wonder? The one I got is 400ml.

I'm loving the tesco pro-formula range especially the 2in1 cleanser and eyes make up remover. I have super sensitive skin and it leaves my skin feeling really clean and fresh. And the price. €2.49 !!!!

I can't wait to test more of the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I ordered two of the eye foils from Make Up Revolution - Rose Gold and Platinum. They look like good dupes for the Stila ones, except the Stila ones are around €50 and MUR is £4 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

bnagrrl wrote: »

I have The Rock Chick and I just adore it, especially for going out. It's gorgeous with brown eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Anyone tried the new Superdrug Glycolic Overnight Peel? Thinking of getting one but can't find many reviews online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Katielanie

Really disappointed by Dr. Organic pomegranate mask (from Holland and Barret) it actually burned my skin! the packaging makes it look very good and it's affordable but AVOID :)

"Penneys do the Garnier one for the cheapest I've seen, last time I was in there it was around €3."
    that's also in tesco on special offer at the moment

Advertisement