Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you still have your teddies?

Options
  • 08-05-2010 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭

I remember growing up I had a massive snow man I got when I was born. I was given numerous reminders of "The day you're bigger than it it's going in the bin."

I'll never forgive my mother for throwing him in the skip. :(

My younger brother still has all his teddies he was given when born. (Fúcking favouritism :mad: )

So, do you still have yours?

Do you still have your baby teddies? 76 votes

Yes.
    0%
    No.
    43%
    amenPeter CShinygoose2005KorvanicaSam VimesManic MoranSkinfullOstromSierra OscarAbreanDandolineGunmonkeyShelllzdonmeisterJen Pigs FlyAfterDuskKanoeCianRyanChewChew 33 votes
    Never had teddies.
    38%
    SpearCalhounm5ex9oqjawdg2iseraphimvcMahatma coatrizzlaStormWarriorThe guyMagillRun_to_da_hillsanniehooSVSRFC90Mr Benevolenttitan18ScarydollAnn22My name is URLmilly4everMinstrel27 29 votes
    Yes, but not all of them.
    18%
    445279.ieironictoasterAdamisconfusedepgc3fyqirnbsxmthd--LOS--Head_Hunterjd007SugarHighFlash86Cheap Thrills!bonermCunning StuntSmeggy 14 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Never had teddies.
    No offense, but teddies are for girls.
    Grown men having teddies is creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Never had teddies.
    Jesus. I'm not that old. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 maggie82

No.
    I have every single one of them, probably over a hundred. Its getting ridiculous!! Still sleep with the teddy i was given the day i was born (27 years later!!) And I think I'd cry if anyone threw them away, thats very mean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Never had teddies.
    maggie82 wrote: »
    I have every single one of them, probably over a hundred. Its getting ridiculous!! Still sleep with the teddy i was given the day i was born (27 years later!!)

You're not from Naas by any chance??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

No.
    I just pulled mine out of my attic last week. Ah memories. And dust... so much dust.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 maggie82

No.
    Nope Einhard, theres clearly a few more like me, which is good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Never had teddies.
    i lost my teddy bear,will you sleep with me tonight?

:pac:the title reminds me of this ultimate pickup line!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Never had teddies.
    I gave mine to my nephew.. secretly regret it now coz my granny bought it for me when I was a baby and she died a couple of years ago.. had it until I was 25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Never had teddies.
    I had so many awesome toys in the 80's that would probably be collector's items now, like a Rainbow Brite doll, a ton of My Little Ponies and the castle that they lived in, classic Barbies, Sylvanian families, Little Mermaid doll, Teddy Ruxpin, Secret Keepers, Polly Pockets, and loads of other stuff. But about 10 years ago when my mum moved house, she just threw them all away!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I had so many awesome toys in the 80's that would probably be collector's items now, like a Rainbow Brite doll, a ton of My Little Ponies and the castle that they lived in, classic Barbies, Sylvanian families, Little Mermaid doll, Teddy Ruxpin, Secret Keepers, Polly Pockets, and loads of other stuff. But about 10 years ago when my mum moved house, she just threw them all away!

Like wise, had loads of Star Wars He-man stuff although while they would not be collectors items I liked them but my parents had to go an donate them to the little sh*ts in the childrens hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Never had teddies.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Like wise, had loads of Star Wars He-man stuff although while they would not be collectors items I liked them but my parents had to go an donate them to the little sh*ts in the childrens hospital.

Oh you just reminded me of my old rocking horse that I used to ride when I was pretending I was She-Ra!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

Yup and I am adding to them, but I am girl so it's ok....it is ok isn't it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Never had teddies.
    I have to admit I didnt have teddies or stuffed toys when I was a kid, but oner thelast few years I've started a collection, every year I've gone to the EKKA (Brisbane show) I win a few on the shootin gallery, startd of as a bit of a laugh but as time progressed I started winning bigger and bigger ones, its a strang little addiction :O

makes people doubletake when they come into my office, not the kind a thing you asscosiate with my line of work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

19 and still have the two bears i got when i was born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Bonito wrote: »
    I was given numerous reminders of "The day you're bigger than it it's going in the bin."
    That was a bit shìtty alright.

I remember when I was 13/14 I sneaked one teddy in my suitcase going on holidays cos i couldn't bear (ha ha) to leave ol' Dubby. If anyone had found out .... shudder!

Dubby's dead to me now, of course, being an adult and tough, and all. I drink beer and have sex, me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Never had teddies.
    When I was about 9, I bought myself a toy dog in Mosney when I was on a school tour. I named him Toby and had him for years. My sister didn't like him, said he was evil. My mother threw him out eventually:( I also had a little red and yellow teddy called Harry who disappeared too...
    Don't think I'd any more soft toys as a child. However my hubbie and my ex both bought me lots of soft toys. I have a cuddly duck, my hubbie bought me who I sleep with now. I'm very fond of him...my son hates him..think he's a bit jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I never had teddies, I had Star Wars figures. (and yes I still have them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Never had teddies.
    I tended to rip the heads off my teddies and burn them. Good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wow, this thread is after stirring something in the archives of my brain!

I had a teddy I was really attached to and I don't know if it was a nightmare or an actual event, but I lost him when we were going through the countryside I think. I cried loads, we had to go back and get him and it was really late at night.

There is more to it but it's pretty hazy and I can't remember it too well but I do know that it scared the crap out of me.

If it was only a dream, then it's probably the only dream of my early childhood I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I had a teddy, roughly about 4 foot tall when I was 2. My dad gave it away to my aunt and if I'm honest I still hold a grudge against him for it. I loved it. He was 'clearing out the junk'. I'm 26 now btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have a teddy my dad bought the day I was born. It just sits on my bed at home, in my old room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

No, but I still have all my former pets in formaldehyde jars.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

I have all my teddies from when i was a baby/small, but i put them in storage. I keep special ones/new ones with me.. Only when i get my own house will i bother to go through them and sort them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Oh you just reminded me of my old rocking horse that I used to ride when I was pretending I was She-Ra!

My bollox.....it was Miriam O' Callaghan wasn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

Turtyturd wrote: »

eh, i think those 'little ****s' in the childrens hospital would get more joy from them then you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Some of them, It got to the point where my room was being taken over by toys so I had to streamline :(

I used to have a little pink bunny called Lucy that I loved but it got thrown away. I have a dog called Lucy now though so it's all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I never had teddies, i was more into my toy tractors. :o Wish i kept them. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    No offense, but teddies are for girls.
    Don't be the hard man, of course boys have teddies !

My brother still has his since he was a baby. Hes missing an eye but he still loves him. Hes 26 now =P
    Grown men having teddies is creepy.

Das ok. The OP isn't a grown up anyway :pac:

I still have mine. Normally sits on top of a set of drawers in my room. Though whenever I'm sick, sad or drunk hes allowed in beside me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

I still have the baby doll I got from Santy when I was 4. She's been in the wars abit since my elder brother shaved her head, bit her fingers off and tried to gouge her eyes out. I keep her, just make sure she's not in my line of vision at night time - love her, but jebus, she'd fairly give you nightmares.

Also, I've got the toy dog that used to sit on my bed at Granny's house. Story has it that it was my Dad's when he was little, though Dad denies it (cos he's a MAN) and as my Granny was a mean hearted unsentimental beatch I very much doubt she bought any of her kids toys, let alone keep them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Never had teddies.
    I had a massive giraffe, and some others. Don't have any now and I have no idea where they went to. I have boomarang though :)

Advertisement