Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

100% Chicken Breast, But ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Cheap chicken is just a tasteless source of protein. It's also extremely cruel to the creature. You can pick up a decent sized organic bird for around €15. It tastes delicious and is still good value.

That must be the Arnold Schwarzenegger of organic poultry! :D

I'd rarely consciously go for organic but that would be a mighty sized chicken for that price surely, even taking into account that organically sourced produce is generally that bit dearer.

Maybe it's just the cost of living difference between Germany and Ireland, I dunno?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Grow your own :D

As much as I'd like to I don't think raising chickens in the apartment would pass with the management company! Or with the Baroness for that matter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Cheap chicken is just a tasteless source of protein. It's also extremely cruel to the creature. You can pick up a decent sized organic bird for around €15. It tastes delicious and is still good value.

They're all organic.What else would they feed them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

kneemos wrote: »

Monsanto genetically modified seeds. 'Burn the thing' I heard a few times in the local chipper regarding a dinner-box. The cook says ok no questions asked ? well cooked chicken seems to be the menu of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

As much as I'd like to I don't think raising chickens in the apartment would pass with the management company! Or with the Baroness for that matter!

I'm going getting a few at home this summer as I could put them to bigger weights etc and would hopefully be healthier when cooked etc

Only issue is not to make too much of a pet of em :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Organic refers to there dosing regime etc

How tightly controlled/enforced that I do not know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Lidl have "free range"chickens for five or six Euros,much tastier than your average cheapo chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Lidl have "free range"chickens for five or six Euros,much tastier than your average cheapo chicken.

I for one only eat partridge, shot on the Estate, and reared on a diet of heather and commoners. Our "Smug Villas Partridge Pancakes" contain 100% Partridge, feathers, pellets and all. Taste shyte, but you can feel the opulence oozing out of every moreish pancakey fold..

Advertisement