Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100% Chicken Breast, But ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

This is what was in the chicken breast:

Ingredient Declaration
    Chicken Breast (51%)

Flour (Wheat, Maize, Rice)

Water

Rapeseed Oil

Breadcrumb (Wheat Flour, Water, Yeast, Salt)

Wheat Starch

Salt

Palm Oil

Cornflour

Raising Agents (E450, E500)#

Spices

Natural Colour (Curcumin)

Dextrose

Sunflower Oil

Pepper Extract

Vegetable Stock (Salt, Dextrose, Onion, Carrot, Shallots, Leek, Tomato, Paprika)

Garlic Powder

Onion Powder

#E450 and E500 are the basic ingredients of Baking Powder, which is used to make the batter light and crispy

They are breaded chicken.. mystery solved.

There was never a beeding mystery, Jesus Christ, are there people this stupid out there??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

kneemos wrote: »
    A 100% means everything is chicken breast?

100% of the chicken part of the meal is chicken breast. If you buy a box of breaded chicken and expect it to be 100% chicken breast then you'll be disappointed when you open the box and find plain chicken fillets. Now that would be confusing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

xabi wrote: »
    There was never a beeding mystery, Jesus Christ, are there people this stupid out there??

Sorry, sarcasm,is implied but unfortanately was not clear enough.

Chicken-gate 2015

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

A lot of spaceball ingredients...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

What a world we live in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Found these lurking in my BBQ smoky bacon mini ribs.

Oh FFS! They've even gone so far as to explain the chicken thing underneath the ingredients and it's still confusing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Ingredients don't look too bad tbh, nothing mad in there.

What are all these el-weirdo ingredients ? jesus man, just reading them makes my stomach want to explode.

Ryanair 256 turn left on a heading of E500 ? I mean why don't they remove this explosion bloat from the food-stuff ? the world would and my stomach would be a better place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the bit at the bottom of the pic explains the whole fuppin' thing to you.

• Advertisement

What are all these el-weirdo ingredients ? jesus man, just reading them makes my stomach want to explode.

Ryanair 256 turn left on a heading of E500 ? I mean why don't they remove this explosion bloat from the food-stuff ? the world would and my stomach would be a better place.

If they removed them, you would probably have just bought a box of mould :pac:

A lot of people complain about these added ingredients but they're fine to eat and are made from natural sources .

dmc17 wrote: »
    If they removed them, you would probably have just bought a box of mould :pac:

But all food is mould. I suppose as soon as your fruit and vegetables are at the end of harvest, they will go to mouldyness if not peppered with some fine pesticides. Umm... pesticides.

Still.. There is an awful lot of the E's in this processed food. Ah well, won't be purchasing that E-food again, unless it gives me a high.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Very misleading, 'made with 100% chicken breast', but how much of it is actually chicken breast? Not a whole lot I'd imagine.

A bit like those 'made with 100% beef' burgers, that are actually just frozen fat pattys with additives.

No. Just stop now. Stop. It's yokes with chicken in. 51% chicken. The rest is the yokes.

Yokes ? sure I could say I met two yokes on O' Connell street but what are these yokes ?.

This is getting even more complicated the further we delve in.

Very misleading, 'made with 100% chicken breast', but how much of it is actually chicken breast? Not a whole lot I'd imagine.

A bit like those 'made with 100% beef' burgers, that are actually just frozen fat pattys with additives.

Just cooked one there and cut it in halve when piping hot, but its mashed chicken, no way is it real chicken breast. It basically is just mashed chicken shaped.

A big golden brown 100% Chicken on the front of the box... Misleading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I often boil chicken breast and the consistency of it looks as if as you say "mashed" but that's just what it looks like.

It's a chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Cheap chicken is just a tasteless source of protein. It's also extremely cruel to the creature. You can pick up a decent sized organic bird for around €15. It tastes delicious and is still good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Cheap chicken is just a tasteless source of protein. It's also extremely cruel to the creature. You can pick up a decent sized organic bird for around €15. It tastes delicious and is still good value.

Grow your own :D

catallus wrote: »
    I often boil chicken breast and the consistency of it looks as if as you say "mashed" but that's just what it looks like.

It's a chicken.

Ah, you're talking about the real chicken breasts. Yes they are proper chicken, compared to this crazy chicken scenario here those chicken fillets boiled with nice chipper curry or indian curry really hits the spot indeed.

Amazing though that they can get away with selling 51% chicken as 100% chicken. Some folks here will beat me with a rhythm stick talking about chickens, but the processed ones as I have seen cooked are basically only fit for the bin unless on a serious budget.

Dip one of these things into the river liffey and it would be an absolute chemical disaster. But does it taste nice... ? no, terrible stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

That must be the Arnold Schwarzenegger of organic poultry! :D

I'd rarely consciously go for organic but that would be a mighty sized chicken for that price surely, even taking into account that organically sourced produce is generally that bit dearer.

Maybe it's just the cost of living difference between Germany and Ireland, I dunno?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Grow your own :D

As much as I'd like to I don't think raising chickens in the apartment would pass with the management company! Or with the Baroness for that matter!

They're all organic.What else would they feed them?

Monsanto genetically modified seeds. 'Burn the thing' I heard a few times in the local chipper regarding a dinner-box. The cook says ok no questions asked ? well cooked chicken seems to be the menu of the week.

As much as I'd like to I don't think raising chickens in the apartment would pass with the management company! Or with the Baroness for that matter!

I'm going getting a few at home this summer as I could put them to bigger weights etc and would hopefully be healthier when cooked etc

Only issue is not to make too much of a pet of em :)

Organic refers to there dosing regime etc

How tightly controlled/enforced that I do not know

Lidl have "free range"chickens for five or six Euros,much tastier than your average cheapo chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Lidl have "free range"chickens for five or six Euros,much tastier than your average cheapo chicken.

I for one only eat partridge, shot on the Estate, and reared on a diet of heather and commoners. Our "Smug Villas Partridge Pancakes" contain 100% Partridge, feathers, pellets and all. Taste shyte, but you can feel the opulence oozing out of every moreish pancakey fold..

Advertisement