Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staffordshire Bull Terrier Pup Wanted

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

OP, I think that you must remember that many rescues are run on a shoestring, are up to their eyes, are faced with emergency cases, may need to put money to vet fees instead of phone credit, may have internet probs etc etc etc. I don't know EGAR but can see from her posts on here and other sites that she works extremely hard at this.
    A week is not all that long when you consider the long years ahead that you will have with a new dog.
    True, I'd probably be climbing up the walls with anticipation waiting to hear if I had been successful but I think I'd be inclined to give the rescue the benefit of the doubt. Even if I was getting pissed off waiting, I think that I would keep that between the rescue and myself. I feel it's inappropriate to be giving out about an ongoing process in a forum such as this.
    BTW, I noticed from the link on your profile page that you seem to have gotten a puppy during the week. Did you not want to wait or are you still hoping to adopt Dodger? It would be a shame if you have given up on him already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

mosi wrote: »
    OP, I think that you must remember that many rescues are run on a shoestring, are up to their eyes, are faced with emergency cases, may need to put money to vet fees instead of phone credit, may have internet probs etc etc etc. I don't know EGAR but can see from her posts on here and other sites that she works extremely hard at this.
    A week is not all that long when you consider the long years ahead that you will have with a new dog.
    True, I'd probably be climbing up the walls with anticipation waiting to hear if I had been successful but I think I'd be inclined to give the rescue the benefit of the doubt. Even if I was getting pissed off waiting, I think that I would keep that between the rescue and myself. I feel it's inappropriate to be giving out about an ongoing process in a forum such as this.
    BTW, I noticed from the link on your profile page that you seem to have gotten a puppy during the week. Did you not want to wait or are you still hoping to adopt Dodger? It would be a shame if you have given up on him already
    As I already said, i understand how they operate and have no doubt that Egar does great work. As i already said I mentioned it here because it started here and I dont think its inappropriate.
    I wanted a dog two weeks ago and was looking for one to buy and it was suggested here that I might consider a rescue dog, so I thought why not. Dodger looks like a nice dog and I had no problem traveling to get him but the wait just got too long, I got offered a pup on Thursday and took her instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

2qk4u wrote: »
    As I already said, i understand how they operate and have no doubt that Egar does great work. As i already said I mentioned it here because it started here and I dont think its inappropriate.
    I wanted a dog two weeks ago and was looking for one to buy and it was suggested here that I might consider a rescue dog, so I thought why not. Dodger looks like a nice dog and I had no problem traveling to get him but the wait just got too long, I got offered a pup on Thursday and took her instead.
    so are you going to get the dodger also?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

FYI - There is a reason Sarah has not been online or taking calls.

Shame on the people taking swipes on this thread. You never know what is going on in someone's life.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Right, so exactly 4 days after someone wasted their time doing a home visit you got a puppy elsewhere and have been on here since moaning about them not getting in touch with you. What reason would they have to be contacting you exactly? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Right, so exactly 4 days after someone wasted their time doing a home visit you got a puppy elsewhere and have been on here since moaning about them not getting in touch with you. What reason would they have to be contacting you exactly? :rolleyes:
    good point .u have bein on giving out about the service over the weekend even do you already have a pup since thursday:confused:

pokertalk wrote: »
    so are you going to get the dodger also?
    No.

They only wasted their time because it wasnt followed through.

What reason ? maybe you should read the thread.

pokertalk wrote: »
    good point .u have bein on giving out about the service over the weekend even do you already have a pup since thursday:confused:
    Yeah, Im not happy about being left hanging on with no contact.

2qk4u wrote: »
    Yeah, Im not happy about being left hanging on with no contact.
    you only gave her four days.

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »
    FYI - There is a reason Sarah has not been online or taking calls.

Shame on the people taking swipes on this thread. You never know what is going on in someone's life.

Not been online ? = EGAR Last Activity: 09-06-2011 22:39

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Like I said, there is a reason you've not had contact from her.

You've got your dog now anyway, so what's the point in continuing to post asking for updates? You're obviously just looking for a reaction and to complain about someone.

You've got your dog now anyway, so what's the point in continuing to post asking for updates? You're obviously just looking for a reaction and to complain about someone.
    this thread is pointless at this stage

I wasnt asking for updates, I was just stating fact.

I agree, this is going nowhere anyway, waste of a thread.

Mods please close this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

just seen the dog you were possibly gonna get.... bit of patience, looks like it would have been well worth it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement