Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs off leash.

Options
  • 15-06-2011 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

I mentioned in another thread that our little guy has issue with socilaisation which we are working on with him. As a result when going on a walk I must keep him on a long lead. If another dog approaches he may well bolt, maybe across a busy road.

Anyway, I find that I often meet other dog owners who dont seem to have any control over their dogs and its left to me to stand between the two dogs. Often when the owner sees this they may well call the dog back or put the dog on a lead until theres a bit of separation, however some owners just dont seem to care.

Really annoyed me this evening. This guy with a nice looking staffie. The dog came running over, i did my usual stand between them with my hand out in a halt sign. Usually works but this dog wasn't taking no for an answer. I asked the owner nicely to please call his dog, he ignored me, I asked him again more sternly, continued to ignore me, Now I am very cross and telling him to 'Get your dog under control like the law requires you to.' Still ignored me. Eventually the staffie got a whiff of something else and ran off.
    Another time I was walking along and didn't see a terrier run up behind us he jumped playfully on my fellas back, who got a fright and promptly took grave offence and snapped at him. The owner starts giving me lip for my dog snapping. I didn't ask his unleashed dog to approach my leashed dog.

I fully understand that people like to let the dog run in the park, but if they can't or won't control their dogs then IMO they shouldn't be off leash. Theres another guy in our area with two narky german shepherds. He has absolutely no control over them. He doesn't give a monkeys that he's denying the entire park to other dog owners who are afraid for their own dogs. Hes been told by a few people to sort it out.

Just wondering what others opinions are on this subject?

Comments

Advertisement