Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dogs found,,info please

Options
  • 13-06-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

yesterday while out i came across a young staffie wandering around the town ,,so i followed it for a while to see if there was an owner and it turned out there was a second staffie. I asked around to see if anyone knew the owners and i was told that they had been wandering the town all day. Unfortunatly i had to leave them but a few hours later we went back and they were still running around out on to the roads and drinking the sea water:mad: so i decided to scoop them up and take them home. I went to the garda station in the hope they had a scanner for micro chip but they didnt but i did leave my details in case anyone came looking for them..I've put up posters in the main shops but i didnt give too much info as i'm afraid i'll get the wrong attention..Now what do i do.ill bring them to the vet later to check for a chip but how long can i keep them before i can rehome them if the owners dont show up???

Comments

I see you're in Cork, could you inform the CSPCA about it? Perhaps they could advise what to do.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

DO NOT CONTACT THE CSPCA, all they will do is tell you to hand over the dogs. Contact Munster Lost and Found, The Cork Animal Care Society, Cork DAWG and West Cork Animal Care Society to see if anyone is missing two staffies. Have you got a photo of them and are they males or females?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

OP have a look at this thread, all info on legal side of things..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056257689

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

thanks for the info,,,i didn't want to ring the pound incase they would take the dogs and they would not have a chance if they went there but the garda have been told so ill let the pound know now so......

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

Well thankfully the dogs owners have turned up and the two beauties have gone home:):),,Really going to miss them though,,darn staffies are so cute...the poor things were missing 5 days....

• Advertisement
Advertisement