Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dit atheist society.

Options
  • 18-08-2010 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Would any current and prospective DIT students be interested in joining a atheist society if one was set up? It appears that we are one of the few third level institutions which does not have any form of a non-believer society. I contacted the societies office about setting one up but they never replied:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

mad al wrote: »
    Would any current and prospective DIT students be interested in joining a atheist society if one was set up? It appears that we are one of the few third level institutions which does not have any form of a non-believer society. I contacted the societies office about setting one up but they never replied:rolleyes:

Drop over to Atheist Ireland, they are currently looking to support people who want to set up local societies of any sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

DCU students tried to set one up last year, and despite getting the necessary number of signatures, they wanted to host everything in the Interfaith centre, but were seined on the grounds that they're not a religion. At least that was what I was told.

We got a paranormal society instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mad al

Cool thanks nozzferrahhtoo!

Oh really thats interesting. I dont know if a paranormal society is exactly what I was looking for. UCC has a great athiest society check out their website http://www.uccatheists.com/index.php. Alot of third level institutions have one and I believe St. Angelas in Sligo are setting one up this year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

St. Angelas in Sligo are setting one up this year.
    Saint Angela's Atheists?

• Advertisement

Yea it's the college in Sligo. Rather funny sounding though isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

mehfesto wrote: »

Paranormal, Atheism, I can see the link.

Oh, wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

DCU students tried to set one up last year, and despite getting the necessary number of signatures, they wanted to host everything in the Interfaith centre, but were seined on the grounds that they're not a religion. At least that was what I was told.

Should have registered as Pastafarians.

I could see that working, actually!
    If only I wasn't oh so lazy. Not sure what an atheist society actually 'does' though.

The paranormal society is gas, I thought it was a lighthearted thing, but there's some total head-the-balls out there.

I could see that working, actually!
    If only I wasn't oh so lazy. Not sure what an atheist society actually 'does' though.

The paranormal society is gas, I thought it was a lighthearted thing, but there's some total head-the-balls out there.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056003254 Check out that link. I have described what I believe we would do. Its the thread I placed on the DIT section of Boards. Also check out the UCC athiest society http://www.uccatheists.com/index.php

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056003254 Check out that link. I have described what I believe we would do. Its the thread I placed on the DIT section of Boards. Also check out the UCC athiest society http://www.uccatheists.com/index.php

Sounds good to me. I'd join if I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

I'd be the first to join a DCU Atheist Society. Any chance of one being set up for the upcoming year?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

Sorry for starting a thread myself regarding an atheist society in DIT, didn't see this one

Advertisement