Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

I picked 1.30pm too, why do you think you were supposed to pick the early one? So confusing! :(

Thats grand then. Just was worried cause the email said please pick a morning or afternoon session. But it said the morning session was from 8.30 and nothing about the afternoon one. Very confusing indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭blondeybaba

Flunch wrote: »

Thats grand then. Just was worried cause the email said please pick a morning or afternoon session. But it said the morning session was from 8.30 and nothing about the afternoon one. Very confusing indeed!
    Yep, I got the same email! I'm sure they'll email us again if it is actually the morning one we need to go to :)

Anyone hear yet about what the presentation will entail? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 keller87

Anyone hear yet about what the presentation will entail? :)

I didn't get any email, I suppose we will hear back from them by tomorrow cos AC are next week!

good luck to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

keller87 wrote: »
    I didn't get any email, I suppose we will hear back from them by tomorrow cos AC are next week!

good luck to anyone!

why tomorrow?

Eoghan41 wrote: »
    why tomorrow?

tomorrow because on monday the AC are gonna begin!

so they give people 3 days to prepare??? pretty bent

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭scholar88

They really are all over the place and trying to get any information from them is tough. Like you're trying to contact MI5!?! Shocking stuff.

I got the reply telling me presentation, group case study and competency based interview. But no word on what presentation is or how best to prepare for case study. Whoever does get these jobs has definitely earned them :rolleyes:

I'm in Tues the 18th....Anyone else in that day know what it is? Corporate risk or what?

Hey guys,

has anyone herd from hr about the AC?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭blondeybaba

Hey guys,

has anyone herd from hr about the AC?
    Nothing! My guess is tomorrow but my AC is Tuesday so one day to prepare at most..

• Advertisement

It would be great for the people who havent yet done the ac if someone who does it on monday lets us know what the presentation will be on and the other details of tthe ac that would be useful for the rest of us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

It would be great for the people who havent yet done the ac if someone who does it on monday lets us know what the presentation will be on and the other details of tthe ac that would be useful for the rest of us!

At this stage if they arent telling what the presentation subject is, my presumption would be that they are trying to test your abilities under pressure. I would imagine it will be something related to either the stream your applying for or the general banking industry. Regardless of this they should have made it clear in the emails they have sent.

Did anyone on here have the AC today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JammyHure

Hi Guys,

When are all your assessment centre days?

I have mine on Thursday. They have basically gave me no information though just that there will be a presentation, group task and competency interview. Have you guys talked to anyone that works there or done the AC before?
    I am not too sure what to make of it. I'm going for the Group Finance (Accountancy role)

JammyHure wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

When are all your assessment centre days?

I have mine on Thursday. They have basically gave me no information though just that there will be a presentation, group task and competency interview. Have you guys talked to anyone that works there or done the AC before?
    I am not too sure what to make of it. I'm going for the Group Finance (Accountancy role)

Still no info, I'm also going for group Finance.

Let's hope someone who had the AC today will share some info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Laura59

I have my assessment centre on wednesday. Still have not received any information in relation to the group task or presentation.

Hopefully will get some information on what the presentation is about from those that had their assessment centers today, it would be greatly appreciated!

Ive mine tomorrow & still no info :(

But I have just been told from a friend of a friend who works in BOI that the presentation, as far as she knows, will be on the case study only.

I dont know how true that is but she seemed pretty sure.

Ive mine tomorrow & still no info :(

But I have just been told from a friend of a friend who works in BOI that the presentation, as far as she knows, will be on the case study only.

I dont know how true that is but she seemed pretty sure.

On the case study? Still it doesnt make any sense to me.

I thought it was like past years:

- your suitability for the programme
    -your understanding of BoI businesses and what Irish banking is facing in the market

On the case study? Still it doesnt make any sense to me.

I thought it was like past years:

- your suitability for the programme
    -your understanding of BoI businesses and what Irish banking is facing in the market

Thats exactly what I thought. But apparently we will have to work through the case study in a group and present our findings individually.

Suppose ill find out tomorrow when im there ill let ye know!

• Advertisement

Thats exactly what I thought. But apparently we will have to work through the case study in a group and present our findings individually.

Suppose ill find out tomorrow when im there ill let ye know!

Then... I wish you good luck for tomorrow!

If you could share with the rest of us smth about the group case and the presentation it would be great!

Good luck with the AC!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JammyHure

Any word on how the AC went today?

I keep checking this every 5 minutes to see if theres any news!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 connolns

What do we have to do for the presentation, do we have to prepare something before hand or just on the day?

connolns wrote: »
    What do we have to do for the presentation, do we have to prepare something before hand or just on the day?

I have mine tomorrow at 1.30, I am not gonna prepare anything since HR didn't mention anything.

Does anyone of you heard from someone who just had the AC in these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 connolns

I have mine tomorrow at 1.30 as well, not sure what to do

• Advertisement

connolns wrote: »
    I have mine tomorrow at 1.30 as well, not sure what to do

I'd say the best thing to do is prepare for the competency based interview? No one knows yet wat the presentation is about and i'm sure the group project is very bluff-able!!! So research a bitta competency based questions and have them ready to rhyme off?? Best of luck! :)

scholar88 wrote: »
    I'd say the best thing to do is prepare for the competency based interview? No one knows yet wat the presentation is about and i'm sure the group project is very bluff-able!!! So research a bitta competency based questions and have them ready to rhyme off?? Best of luck! :)

Dunno what to expect from the group case, I'm 1.30 as well. It seems that all of us are competing for a place in Group Finance!

Good luck guys

Dunno what to expect from the group case, I'm 1.30 as well. It seems that all of us are competing for a place in Group Finance!

Good luck guys

I'm not in till Tues the 18th!! I'm going for Actuary. But best of luck to ye all tomo. Any idea on how many is being hired at all?

Dunno, I have no clue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

At the presentation in UCD they said 57 (45 IRL, 12 UK). 24 of those in Corporate and Treasury (20 IRL, 4 UK). In C&T it was 10 in GM (or 10 in GM Ireland, not sure), 1-2 in IBI and I guess 13-14 in Corporate Banking. UK Retail gets 8. Don't think they mentioned any numbers for the other areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Hi Folks,

Just joined up when i saw found this thread. It's been a few years since I finished college and I was never at any assessment centres at the time so I'm kinda wondering about this case study, anyone have any ideas what to expect?
    Thanks

Also looking at the past few comments from people who had it the last few days, it looks like they could be asking people not to share whats involved with the presentation. Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BeginFinance

WhatYaSay wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Just joined up when i saw found this thread. It's been a few years since I finished college and I was never at any assessment centres at the time so I'm kinda wondering about this case study, anyone have any ideas what to expect?
    Thanks

Also looking at the past few comments from people who had it the last few days, it looks like they could be asking people not to share whats involved with the presentation. Makes sense.

Yes I had mine today, they make it very clear that they do not want you to share any information about the day as a whole to anyone.

Its not too bad in genera, just know why you want the job and your skills. Goodluck!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭armbruster

They seem a bit all over the place.

Firstly, I think I booked the wrong assessment for the programme I applied to. Can someone give me a number to call them? I emailed (no response) and the number on the website 0766...... just goes to voicemail (all the time, i.e. over several days).

Second, is the presentation to be prepared by candidates in advanced? Do I bring a hard copy for the interviewers? What is it on?

Any other tips for the assessment centre?

Yes I had mine today, they make it very clear that they do not want you to share any information about the day as a whole to anyone.

Its not too bad in genera, just know why you want the job and your skills. Goodluck!

Thanks for your info just a quick question? Do we need to prepare presentations? Hard copies etc.. Or is it something that will become more clear on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BeginFinance

No preparation is needed, everything will be made clear on the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 diesel11

Hi has anyone been invited for an assessment centre for the corporate and treasury role yet?

diesel11 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone been invited for an assessment centre for the corporate and treasury role yet?
    Yeah I've mine on Monday.. when's yours?

I rang to ask whether my application had been successful in Jan because I was aware that some AC's had been scheduled and the HR rep told me that my application was still under consideration and there would be further assessment centres. I am so confused as I not sure if I have been rejected or their just waiting to see the outcome from the first AC.

I rang to ask whether my application had been successful in Jan because I was aware that some AC's had been scheduled and the HR rep told me that my application was still under consideration and there would be further assessment centres. I am so confused as I not sure if I have been rejected or their just waiting to see the outcome from the first AC.
    When was the last time you were in contact with then? My friends have also not been contacted yet so not sure..

I called last week and that was the response I got. I really don't understand the recruitment process at all and I have other assessment centres coming up for different firms so would just like to know the answer. Did you apply early in the recruitment process?

• Advertisement

I called last week and that was the response I got. I really don't understand the recruitment process at all and I have other assessment centres coming up for different firms so would just like to know the answer. Did you apply early in the recruitment process?
    Yeah I imagine that I would have been one of the first! I wouldn't hold my breath.. they seem to be really slow at getting back to people

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NIEconomist

Hi guys and girls, does anyone know when the last date of the assessment centres is?

tomorrow

How did the AC go Eoghan 41? Not looking any specific details but where you happy with the process and how do you think you performed?

I don't think I did well.. would be hugely surprised if i get it.. The process is ok but I think it is quite intense.. I just didnt perform really and think you really need to know your finance well if you want to get it

tomorrow

Thanks. What branch/division AC is being held tomorrow? Hopefully you did better today than you think!

You probably have done way better than you think and if it where easy then the selection process would have been inadequate. When do you find out if you have been successful? Wish you the best of luck

You probably have done way better than you think and if it where easy then the selection process would have been inadequate. When do you find out if you have been successful? Wish you the best of luck

No I just hadnt studied for it enough but sure we'll see what happens! Should know by next week

Thanks. What branch/division AC is being held tomorrow? Hopefully you did better today than you think!

It was Corporate and Treasury

• Advertisement

It was Corporate and Treasury

Today was, or tomorrow is?

Advertisement