Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is omega 3 safe for men?

• 22-01-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Is there any truth to the link between omega 3 and prostate cancer? And as a supplement, is it better to take omega 3 on its own or an omega 3,6,9 capsule?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

matt360 wrote: »
    Is there any truth to the link between omega 3 and prostate cancer? And as a supplement, is it better to take omega 3 on its own or an omega 3,6,9 capsule?

You're better off getting it from fish. But to answer your initial question, there is no immediate risk to your prostate from taking a moderate level of Omega 3

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Cheers.
    Dont like fish to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

flaxseeds and walnuts.

flaxseeds and walnuts.

Sounds like a pair of cartoon detectives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Flaxseeds, Walnuts! My office NOW!!!

Er what is Chief Sardine?

Ive had it up to here with your shennagins flaxseeds. Give me your badge and your gun. And Walnuts, youre 3 days from retirement, what are you doing going after the omega 6 gang? Just take your last few remaining omega 3's and take it easy til you can leave. Now get back out there and do some real police work the both of you.

Well, Walnuts? what do we do now?

Looks like we have no choice (hands his back up piece to flaxseeds) We got to to go after the omega 6es under the radar and hope Cheif Sardine has enough omega 3 for the both of our funerals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

flaxseeds and walnuts.
    flaxseeds and walnuts are converted into omega 3 but that conversion is not always optimal and a very small percentage is converted - take a fish oil supp or eat fish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have started eating atlantic mackerel since not only is it high in omega 3 it is relatively very high in vitamin D too.

rubadub wrote: »
    I have started eating atlantic mackerel since not only is it high in omega 3 it is relatively very high in vitamin D too.

This is why I never do word association 'games'.

That reminded me of Atlantic 252...

Advertisement