Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What low-fat/non-fat sauces can I use for brown rice?

Options
  • 20-01-2014 8:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭

Normally, I eat baked beans with rice because is a good source of protein and tastes good but it's also a good source of gas, so I'm just looking for something that makes the brown rice less dry but doesn't give me wind. Any suggestions?

I bought some hot sauce but it burned the mouth off me.

I bought some soy sauce but it's too salty, though, it does taste okay and would be nicer without the salt. I'm going to look around for low sodium soy sauce, but if that doesn't work out, I would really appreciate some suggestions.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Moved to Nutrition and Diet because the Cooking and Recipes forum doesn't really cater to diet food much. You'll probably get good responses here from those who are familiar with this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

The low sodium soy sauce is a good option.

You can always make a curry sauce with light coconut milk and a curry paste? Curry pastes are very low in calories. The coconut milk is light but still high enough in fat but just good fats, nothing to worry about!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

Wouldn't curry cause flatulence though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

The soy sauce is damn good. Anyone know of any particular brands with the lowest salt content?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If you enjoy what you eat already, except for the flatulence, then why not try introducing fennel? Either by including fennel seeds in the food or by drinking fennel tea afterwards.

I'm too proud of my flatulence to do anything about it, so can't offer anything anecdotal to say it would work. Just going by hearsay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Wouldn't curry cause flatulence though?

Yes but there are loads of other benefits too.

Advertisement