Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alopecia / Hair Loss

• 15-01-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone here have any diet advice for preventing alopecia (patches of hair loss)?

I know its stress-related so doing my best to eliminate that. My diet at the moment is mainly unprocessed food which has done wonders for my skin but i'm really upset with this latest bout of alopecia - the bald spot is in a more visible place than usual and there is no sign of the hair growing back.

I've nearly always found doctors useless in this regard in the past, they say the causes are unknown, try not to worry, it'll grow back.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience nutrition-wise in this area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 glisten

Hi katgurl,

Sorry about your hair loss, it's a horrible thing to put up with.

I had alopecia areata due to stress and bad diet too. I found spirulina tablets brilliant, they were recommended to me by my acupuncturist. Maybe read up on it and it might be helpful.

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm lucky in some regards - I have extremely thick hair so when I have an attack it's possible to conceal quite easily.

I will get the spirulina tablets today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kiara clark

Hair loss can be occurs due to bad diet, stress ,medication, chemical or dandruff .There are many products available in market which will promise you to give healthy and beautiful hair. But it is all a gamble. They contain high amount of chemical which makes your hair frizzy and dry. Instead of using that harmful chemical you should concentrate on your diet. Healthy diet always gives good result. Do some kind of exercise which will direct blood to your head. And try to avoid stress and depression.

Advertisement