Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does X hurt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Don't painkillers thin your blood or is it just the ones that contain Aspirin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

They probably do. I doubt it even makes a difference to the amount of pain you feel anyway. Well, i'v been told it helps on longer sessions. But it still feels pretty painful to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Aspirin based ones would, but anti-inflammatory ones like neurophen should take the edge off without thinning the blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

Aspirin based ones would, but anti-inflammatory ones like neurophen should take the edge off without thinning the blood.

Off to stock up on them in the morning then. Thanks everyone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidocaine/prilocaine

Some people use a cream for tattoo's, DR Numb is the latest scam cream out there.
    @LucyLouLou - how much of your feet you getting done?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

niallam wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidocaine/prilocaine

Some people use a cream for tattoo's, DR Numb is the latest scam cream out there.
    @LucyLouLou - how much of your feet you getting done?

Most of the top of both of them if that makes sense! I just have to wait and see what he says tomorrow as to how what I want will fit on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

Hey guys,

I want to get my tongue pierced. My problem is I work full time in a call centre (so constant talking) I do have 16 days of holidays booked off in 2 days time, do you think that would that leave me enough time for the swelling to go down so I'd be able to go back to work?

Hey guys,

I want to get my tongue pierced. My problem is I work full time in a call centre (so constant talking) I do have 16 days of holidays booked off in 2 days time, do you think that would that leave me enough time for the swelling to go down so I'd be able to go back to work?

Assuming you get it done somewhere with a good, reputable piercer shortly after you get your break, you should be grand by the time you get back to work! Just make sure to stick to their aftercare instructions to the letter to ensure a problem-free recovery! :)

Just to add, you mentioned holidays, if you're flying somewhere it might not be a good idea to get pierced, as planes can cause irritation to some piercings, not to mention planes being like a petri dish for germs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EwEw

I have a tattoo on my stomach - it goes over my ribs and the bottom of it touches my hip bone.
    It was very painful when the needle was on my ribs/hip bone, but other than that, it felt more like scratching and was actually bearable. I have to say that the pain was really bad when the artist was doing the shading on my ribs, because I'm really skinny and it was basically going right on my bones.. Ouch ouch..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Hey guys,

Totally. I got mine pierced over a year ago. The swelling was dreadful the first day and I had a hilarious lisp, both were gone the next evening. Lots of ice pops (no ice cream!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Thinking of getting one just above my ankle bone.. anyone know if it's a bad idea/place to get it? thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Noelly wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one just above my ankle bone.. anyone know if it's a bad idea/place to get it? thanks!

I'll let ya know in 3 weeks time!

Elbow wrote: »
    I'll let ya know in 3 weeks time!

Lol, I'll let you know in a few days time.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Lol, I'll let you know in a few days time.. :P

Your doing more than thinking about it so if its going to be a few days time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

I have one just above my ankle bone and it was fine.... I didn't find it especially sore, although i think i may have a fairly high pain threshold when it comes to tattoos anyway :)

BadGirl wrote: »
    I have one just above my ankle bone and it was fine.... I didn't find it especially sore, although i think i may have a fairly high pain threshold when it comes to tattoos anyway :)

Thanks! :D I've a fairly high threshold myself in general but haven't ever gotten a tattoo, so not sure what to expect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Thanks! :D I've a fairly high threshold myself in general but haven't ever gotten a tattoo, so not sure what to expect!

Last ones i got done were bows (ribbons) on the backs of my thighs, fairly high up iykwim, tattooist was almost finished the first one when he stopped and asked me was i asleep :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Tender enough area, still not too bad though. There ain't much there only bone on me and still wasnt that bad. I did actually fall asleep before during 1 session on my leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

Assuming you get it done somewhere with a good, reputable piercer shortly after you get your break, you should be grand by the time you get back to work! Just make sure to stick to their aftercare instructions to the letter to ensure a problem-free recovery! :)

Just to add, you mentioned holidays, if you're flying somewhere it might not be a good idea to get pierced, as planes can cause irritation to some piercings, not to mention planes being like a petri dish for germs.

Thank a mill :) I'm not flying anywhere just taking a couple of weeks off to spend some time at home so hopefully it'll all be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

If you've a high pain threshold you'll definitely be grand...got mine done 3 weeks ago and i found it ok and I don't have a high pain tolerance...the closer to the bone the worse it gets obviously...but still ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

How did the tattoos above the ankle go?

I'm thinking of getting one done there, to the side of my leg if that makes sense? Or else on my calf, it will be a silhouette so have to see where it looks better.

I got one done on my shoulder blade and it was fine, just pinched a bit now and again. The other one on my left lower back began to hurt after about an hour. Bleed a good bit, especially after the shoulder blade one, but nothing my stocks of Lucozade couldn't handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

I have one on the right of my lower back...kinda like at my hip...I found it bled much more than my ankle which barely bled at all!!

The one on my ankle is just over the nub of the bone on the inside of my right leg...if that makes sense...it really isn't bad pain or blood wise although I found it took a slight bit longer to fully heel than my one on my hip but that might just have been me...it was still perfect and completely heeled 3 weeks later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

The tendon behind the knee hurt like hell, I think that has been my worst spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

My worst tattoo would definitely be my skull and roses, there was a lot of swelling and when i had to stand up the rush of blood to my foot and shin was pretty painful. Second most painful was my cupcake, luckily i have no more feet to tattoo :p

I've always had it quite lucky with piercings, i haven't found any too painful, aftercare on my tongue was just really annoying! Nips are currently healing up a treat!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I think my worst was either the right side of my chest or my thigh. Inner bicep wasn't nice either.

For some reason I can't remember how each one felt though, apart from my thigh which is burning right now after being finished today.

Inner bicep wasn't nice either.

Before the back of my knee that was the worst spot for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

How painful is the shoulderblade?? Thinking of getting a celtic design covering most of the shoulderblade area :)

MY shoulder blade wasn't too bad.

How painful is the shoulderblade?? Thinking of getting a celtic design covering most of the shoulderblade area :)

It's grand. Lot of the back would be because of the way the nerve endings are clustered instead of spread out. But every so often it hits one of those clustered points and makes ya grit your teeth, but that's about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

Thank you :D now to get a price :p

Advertisement