Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster vs Dragons; Kingspan Park. Live TV ar TG 4 and BBC 2NI

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

awec wrote: »
    Its amazing how much better we are with Jackson

I think he has a brilliant understanding of pienaar inside him

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

World class refereeing by Nigel, bit disillusioned how Paddy got MOTM, think there were a few others from the ulster camp that deserved it more for their consistency but anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

BBDBB wrote: »
    I think he has a brilliant understanding of pienaar inside him

Giggity.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Ooh matron

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

IMO Owens completely bottled the Olding incident. That's exactly the sort of call that has gone against Ulster in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

IMO Owens completely bottled the Olding incident. That's exactly the sort of call that has gone against Ulster in recent years.

I agree, wonder will it be looked at again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Go on Ulster, Go on Ulster. Ulster will fight and Ulster will be right. Just watched the match and glad I did. Great game thought they would scuttle it at the end but no they proved me wrong. Nice work for Ulster from a proud Leinsterman.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Stop it awec or you'll run out of refs :eek:

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Stop it awec or you'll run out of refs :eek:

Nah I really like Owens,i just think he was overly dismissive of the incident tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭OldRio

Yet another game, where PJ proves that he cannot kick under pressure.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Important win for Ulster, dug themselves a hole but got there in the end. Ulster will need more significant recruitment than Rodney Ah You to their pack to push them forward though. One or two scrums there which could have been called against them.

Big kick from Jackson to win it.

Missing Best, Herbst, Van Der Merwe, Tuohy, Henderson and Henry to start with, and lost Browne and , Diack to injury during the match, which is whyere 're struggled - with No Disrespect To Clive Ross in the second row and our back-up hooker in backrow. Ah You, Treadwell and Mystery Leinster Backrower #1 to come in, should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

awec wrote:

We'll pointed out by BBC that TMO went back too many phases for Wilson's try and probably a forward pass for Dragons second try (Owen's had his back to the ball at the time! ).

Our defence was very weak for large periods though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Nah I really like Owens,i just think he was overly dismissive of the incident tonight.

I'm more annoyed about the decision to disallow Wilson's try. It wasn't Owens fault in fairness, he did ask the TMO 3 or 4 times whether it was within the 2 rucks, but the TMO either can't count to 3 or he just didn't bother checking which frankly is a joke. Also the YC for the tackle on Browne was pretty harsh although it seems to have been cumulative.

I like the look of Stockdale, I think he could be the real deal. He has a bit of confidence about him as well.

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    We'll pointed out by BBC that TMO went back too many phases for Wilson's try and probably a forward pass for Dragons second try (Owen's had his back to the ball at the time! ).

Our defence was very weak for large periods though.

The defence was very soft, but I'd rather pretty watch Ulster play like that than what they were serving up earlier in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

bilston wrote: »
    I'm more annoyed about the decision to disallow Wilson's try. It wasn't Owens fault in fairness, he did ask the TMO 3 or 4 times whether it was within the 2 rucks, but the TMO either can't count to 3 or he just didn't bother checking which frankly is a joke. Also the YC for the tackle on Browne was pretty harsh although it seems to have been cumulative.

I like the look of Stockdale, I think he could be the real deal. He has a bit of confidence about him as well.

But it was a knock on and should have been spotted by officials in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The Black Stags

wp_rathead wrote: »
    But it was a knock on and should have been spotted by officials in the first place

But it wasn't and the ref's miss countless things during a match - once the moment has passed sufficiently then it's play on.

There has to be a cut off point otherwise there is nothing stopping a TMO going back to something that happened 20munites ago.

bilston wrote:
    The defence was very soft, but I'd rather pretty watch Ulster play like that than what they were serving up earlier in the season.

Totally agree.

Olding looking good again. Would love to see him tried at 13 to see how he goes there. Although he might be needed as backup 10 at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

I was very worried for Olding when he got knocked out. It was great to see him walk off looking fine!

Yeah I'm not doubting it was a knock on, but the referee missed it. The TMO brought it to his attention, but the TMO can only adjudicate two phases back from the try being scored. McCloskey's knock on was 3 or 4 phases back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yeah I'm not doubting it was a knock on, but the referee missed it. The TMO brought it to his attention, but the TMO can only adjudicate two phases back from the try being scored. McCloskey's knock on was 3 or 4 phases back.

Are you sure? I've no idea myself but surely there'd be serious uproar over it if that was the case?

Surprised there's been no mention of Ulster not scoring against 13 men. There were times when I was reminds of Wales against Australia in the RWC. Dragons defended well but they were out on their feet for a few minutes and Ulster should have scored. You might argue the Wilson try but I thought at the time the right call was made. Remember they can go back 2 rucks, not 2 tackles. So if an Ulster player was tackled but no ruck formed that doesn't count.

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    Are you sure? I've no idea myself but surely there'd be serious uproar over it if that was the case?

Surprised there's been no mention of Ulster not scoring against 13 men. There were times when I was reminds of Wales against Australia in the RWC. Dragons defended well but they were out on their feet for a few minutes and Ulster should have scored. You might argue the Wilson try but I thought at the time the right call was made. Remember they can go back 2 rucks, not 2 tackles. So if an Ulster player was tackled but no ruck formed that doesn't count.

Yeah it was disappointing to not score against 13/14 men. Although our pack was all over the shop with a hooker in the back row and even in the backs we had a scrum half on the wing in the final quarter.

Maybe you have a point about rucks/tackles...I'd need to see it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Our problem is that we lower our game to the level we think our opposition are at. Dragons deserved more respect. We wouldn't have played like that against Glasgow. We were nearly the arrogant losers.
    Also, iHumph is a rugby black hole.

It was 3 phases back. TMO only allowed to go 2.
    We need a TMO for the TMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Something tell's me you never reffed a match.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

roundymac wrote: »

Ha, this is up there with "have you ever even played the game?"

I'll raise you:

Pfft, have you ever even sat on the panel that chooses the referees for matches?

:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

roundymac wrote: »

i have..
    ..mind you only u12s:D

Advertisement