Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? 2016 Edition

Options
  • 01-01-2016 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

2015 Edition

2014 Edition

2013 Edition

Happy New Year.

I figured I'd kick this off now seeing as I'm in the process of finishing GTA 3 and VC. Hoping to have at least GTA 3 done between now and the weekend. But to round up 2015, here's the games I had finished in the last 12 months;

2015 Final Completion List.

Playstation 4
    Mortal Kombat X

Xbox One
    Halo: Combat Evolved - MCC* **
    Halo 2 - MCC*
    Halo 3 - MCC*
    Halo 4 - MCC*
    Halo 3: ODST - MCC
    Forza Horizon 2: Fast & Furious
    Destiny
    Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
    Dying Light
    Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (on Insane!)
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Steam
    South Park: The Stick of Truth.

Now for our completed games of 2016. Go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well in the few hours of 2016 we have had so far I've managed to complete one game of minesweeper. I'm pretty proud of myself. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Kirby wrote: »
    Well in the few hours of 2016 we have had so far I've managed to complete one game of minesweeper. I'm pretty proud of myself. :p

It's a game. You finished it. It counts. Throw it up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Golden Axe with extra lives and continues and Altered Beast with extra lives (the latter game is so hard without the extra lives, even if it is just a case of memorisation). I guess I could also say I completed Worms insofar as I mastered beating the computer after a few games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,146 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Howdy all,

Just wanted to flag there's been a charter change disallowing list threads since the last of these threads.

No intention on locking this one, but I'd ask a favour and encourage people to post even a few sentences about any games you add to your lists here. Obviously there's no need to keep a running tally of said descriptions and all the posts above are all good anyway, but just to note that a bit of a response to the games you mention will make for an altogether more interesting and engaging thread for other posters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I finished Doki-Doki Universe on PS3 yesterday. It could've been a 2015 game as I was very close to the end. Something I downloaded through PS+ a couple of years ago, but only got around to playing recently. It's a fairly simple game, with a lot of rinse and repeat objectives. Reminded me a lot of Scribblenauts, but unfortunately with a more clunky interface. A good game to play while catching up on podcasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) - finished this last night after getting it for Christmas. Really enjoyed it, I felt the pacing was great and there wasn't much filler. Felt the tombs were well crafted as well. Story was a bit lacking for me but otherwise would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

FEAR 2 is off the backlog (on it since the WB Bundle). Not a particularly scary game, but the shooting felt good (bullet time is fun) so it wasn't all bad. I don't know if it was the game, me, or shooters in general, but I get tired of running and gunning. Maybe it's because I didn't find the story very interesting. I think I'll give the series a rest for a while before I play FEAR 3.

Two games in two days, the year is off to a good start :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ryse: son of Rome on Xbox one pops my 2016 cherry, a gorgeous looking game in all aspects. It's a pity the combat is so shallow, if that system had been deepend to allow for proper combos, armour and sword upgrades etc it could have been epic. Still, I only paid 7 euros for it and it was definitely worth every penny in that respect. The story was actually pretty good too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Child of Light a good metroidvania with jrpg style combat. Its a beautiful looking game though gets a bit dull towards the end.

And finished The Silent Age. Pretty enjoyable point and click game that adds time travel to the mix. The game is set in the 70's but you jump between the present and 40 years in the future to solve puzles. Bit short though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Yakuza 3 (PS3)

I gave up on this so many times last year but I was so desperate to like it. To offer a boxing analogy; this game was down, it just beat the count and came back to win by knockout!

At the start I hated the time filler sections of saving dogs and looking after whiny kids but it eventually just clicked. I grew to like the small mini missions, the combat is enjoyable and the story is just fantastic. Can't wait to jump into No.4.

One of the coolest mudder ducking main characters in the history of gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Started and finished Soma on PS4 today after buying it back in September. Very good story that deals with moral and philosophical issues, very good voice acting and sound production values. Some of the stealth gameplay mechanics don't work too well but it's a very good game overall. Very enjoyable 9-10 hours gameplay. It has some loading issues that takes from the immersion at times but it leaves you think long after you finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have spent most of the holidays playing the dlc for Dragon age Inquisition but also finished the single player for Battlefield Hardline which was surprising fun
    I particularly liked that halfway through some levels they threw a hape of enemies at ye with whatever you had to hand to defend yourself with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I picked up Wolfenstein the new order in the January sale for €12. Money well spent :) Just finished it there about a half hour ago, its not perfect, but it was loads of fun with a great story. Contemplating getting The old blood now.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

I've just finished Saint's Row IV on my new acquisition: the PS4. I had completed Saint's Row the Third on the PS3. So a quick comparison first. In SR3 you are a gang boss, SR4 opens with you being the President of the United States. And it's that escalation that pushes the envelope too far for me anyway. The Saint's Row franchise is wild, wacky and leans on the fourth wall...heavily!

Anyway onto SR4 specifically. It removed most of the frustrating elements from the previous game but this immediately made the game far less challenging in the process ans with a new power/skill set in play, your character feels over powered quite quickly. For me, this ruined the storyline buildup and made exploration far too easy.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed this game but compared to the last game, I barely felt challenged for most of the 'mission' gameplay. It's a fun game and if you enjoyed the other games in the franchise you'll probably enjoy this one too.

Just two other things. Firstly, I'm having a ball with the difference in gameplay on the PS4 compared to the PS3. Secondly I've just started Gat out of Hell which is basically the dessert menu to SR4. I'll let you know how that goes!

Grand Theft Auto III (PS4)

Personally this is a pretty important milestone for me. This was my first ever PS2 game and ultimately, my favourite. Not only did I finish the main campaign for the umpteenth time, but I finally got 100% Completion for the first time, ever. This also gave me my first ever Platinum Trophy on PSN. A feat 15 years in the making.

I am one happy gamer, and even more so that this is the game I kicked off my year with. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Happy New Year everyone, I just finished Dying Light (campaign) on PS4, making it the first game I completed in 2016.

I really loved this game, it's full of memorable moments and playing it Co-op with my brother made it even more enjoyable. I'm excited about returning to it to play the remaining side quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Dying light - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ryse: son of rome
    valiant hearts is my second addition. And one I really enjoyed. Simple enough puzzles but the art and presentation is gorgeous. Peppered with historical scraps of information but not in an overbearing way. It's short and sweet and well worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Batman Arkham Knight. I liked it for the most part but thought it relied too heavily on the Batmobile sections to pad things out. Also some of the fights felt a bit

The Bouncer on PS2

Oh the nostalgia!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Until dawn
    Hitman hd trilogy ( finally finished blood money)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Child of Light
    The Silent Age

Another couple of games finished.

Scribblenauts Unlimited was pretty fun. The sheer amount of stuff you can spawn is crazy though once the novelty of that wears off this not a whole lot else to it.

Also finished Undertale. Massively impressive game. I wont spoil too much about it though as i think the less you know going in the better. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Dying light - PS4

Assassins creed unity - PS4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 oliviablond

I`ve just finished Child of Light

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

I just finished Gat out of Hell on the PS4. It was a nice, fun game. Quite short but an interesting coda to Saint's Row IV. I wonder where they will go next with this!

Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS4) - 4th January 2016

Adding:
    Trials Fusion (PS4) [Main Campaign] - 21st January 2016
    The credits rolled, so I'm classing it as complete. Still have all the DLC to play with, so if I finish them I'll perhaps include it. This is my second time finishing this as I got a new PS4 last month and my save wasn't in the Cloud.

Class game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

PS3:
    Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den: Finished Bioshock just before Christmas and rocked straight into this. The story wasn't as strong as the first but definitely thought the gameplay was much better even if you never did really feel like the Big Daddy you were supposed to be in the game. I really enjoyed it though and I might replay Infinite now to see if playing the first two have help to change my mind on that game - I wasn't a huge fan when I played it the last time.

There seemed to be a lot of hype about Minerva's Den online but I didn't really think it was as great as it was made to be. Interesting story but not earth shattering and pretty timid gameplay in it.

Battlefied 3: Picked this up cheap in one of the sales and played through the campaign. The story is a load of balls and it's a pretty anti-climactic ending but it's an enjoyable enough romp and short enough not to outstay its welcome.

PS Vita:

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken: Really enjoyed this after picking it up on Plus. A nice 2D platformer that moves a long at a nice pace and never bored me. Handy for picking up and playing for a couple of minutes at a time. Looking forward to the sequel that was just announced.

Android:

Monument Valley: This is just a gorgeous little game. Loved the art direction through out and the nice quirky little puzzles that never got too frustrating. Definite thumbs up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Resident Evil HD Remaster - I played the REmake on gamecube before and completed it as Jill. So wanted to start the series from the beginning again. So played this as Chris. I enjoyed the game, though think my only real complaint is the inventory management. Not saying I'm great at managing items, but can be annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Suikoden - After finishing Final Fantasy 9 last year, I decided to continue into the older JRPGs and this one is excellent. It's a relatively short game for an RPG, took me 16-17 hours to complete. It feels like a much quicker game. The battles start immediately, when they are easy fights you can put them into auto and they don't have a bunch of 10-20 second animations. it just felt so much better than Final Fantasy where you spend 10-15 mins in some battles watching the same thing over and over. Highly recommend. Looking forward to Suikoden 2 which is apparently much better too

Resident Evil 3 - Again, continuing from last year where I completed REmake and Resident Evil 2 for the first time, I've now done the same with 3. First thing, I thought the Xenomorph in Isolation was stubborn but my god, Nemesis is worse! :pac: It feels like he's constantly chasing you. Anyway I liked the game a lot, you can see the series going towards action with each entry and I like that there were a few different scenarios with the choices you make.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Just completed 2 games in the last 2 days, both indie titles, one a critical darling from 2015 the other a critical darling of 2016 already.

Pony Island, 2016, I don't want to spoil anything but fun on many levels.

Her Story from 2015, there's a commonality I suppose between these games, without giving spoilers both end up with you playing on a computer within the game itself, i'm sure there's been much debate over whether this is a game or not. But really who cares? It's interesting and smart, thats always enough for me.

Advertisement