Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Six Nations tickets 2016!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Got my 4 for the Wales game, not going to the other home games as stuff on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

kuang1 wrote: »
    All Italy match tickets seem to be sold now too. That's pretty impressive demand overall has to be said.

I still reckon more will be released as time goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

pc7 wrote: »
    I still reckon more will be released as time goes on

You reckon the IRFU are taking a leaf out of World Rugby's book and drip feeding supply to scupper the touts?
    I suppose it's possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

kuang1 wrote: »
    You reckon the IRFU are taking a leaf out of World Rugby's book and drip feeding supply to scupper the touts?
    I suppose it's possible!

More likely returns will come back from Italy or from clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

More likely returns will come back from Italy or from clubs.

Yeah I know...tongue was in my cheek!

But unless they've changed the ratio of tickets that go to clubs, the visiting team, supporters club/public sale, then it seems to me that demand is definitely higher for these 3 games than 2 years ago.

Hence it should follow that returned tickets will be sparse, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Bolloxology

Returned tickets won't see the light of ordinary punters day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Why did they allow 4 for Wales? Seems very unfair!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Gaygooner wrote: »

I don't understand that at all. I am wondering were the IRFU expecting the demand to be so strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

vienne86 wrote: »
    I don't understand that at all. I am wondering were the IRFU expecting the demand to be so strong.

It will be 2 per person for the autumn matches and the 2017 6 nations.

Mrsc having there sale next friday 200 pairs per match for over 8000 members

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Gaygooner wrote: »

If any section or club don't take up their proposed allocation then they usually end up with a reduction next time round. Perhaps they had a few to pay around with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It will be 2 per person for the autumn matches and the 2017 6 nations.

Mrsc having there sale next friday 200 pairs per match for over 8000 members

Last time Australia and New Zealand came (2013), we were allowed to buy up to four tickets for each match, as I recall. Certainly I bought the triple pack for four of us.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Last time Australia and New Zealand came (2013), we were allowed to buy up to four tickets for each match, as I recall. Certainly I bought the triple pack for four of us.

The all blacks game will sell very fast I imagine but autumn tickets are always easier to get than six nations ones.

a small allocation of home match tickets has just gone on sale for the MRSC members. 2 per person

picked up 2 scotland tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

If any section or club don't take up their proposed allocation then they usually end up with a reduction next time round. Perhaps they had a few to pay around with?

That Sold out in 4 minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thanks to the MRSC I've got 4 tickets for what could be a Grand Slam game v Scotland and 2 for Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I too got another 2 tickets to both Scotland and Wales

happy out now

phog wrote: »
    Thanks to the MRSC I've got 4 tickets for what could be a Grand Slam game v Scotland and 2 for Wales.

I thought it was only 2 tickets overall u cud get ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I thought it was only 2 tickets overall u cud get ??

2 tickets per membership. If you got more than one member in the family.....

2 tickets per membership. If you got more than one member in the family.....

someone i knw looking for a wales ticket but i got 2 from the mrsc for the scottish game so is it worth the risk of getting another ticket ?? with fear of all being cancelled due to going over the limit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

someone i knw looking for a wales ticket but i got 2 from the mrsc for the scottish game so is it worth the risk of getting another ticket ?? with fear of all being cancelled due to going over the limit.

Not on your own membership. If you can use someone elses membership number and log in through their account then yeah you can buy more if they're still available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Not on your own membership.

indeed, the system won't even allow you to try and buy more than 2 per member so no issues around losing other tickets

its amazing the tickets from the mrsc are not sold out yet. just searched for the laugh and got offered 2 wales tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭verizon

Hi,

I was wondering if it is still possible to get tickets for any of the home games? I was looking online and tickets on tout websites are mostly 200+ euro.

Very inexperienced rugby ticket buyer and only thought of it as a christmas gift recently. I couldn't figure out the mrsc site to find Ireland tickets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

verizon wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if it is still possible to get tickets for any of the home games? I was looking online and tickets on tout websites are mostly 200+ euro.

Very inexperienced rugby ticket buyer and only thought of it as a christmas gift recently. I couldn't figure out the mrsc site to find Ireland tickets :(

No chance for Wales and a very slim chance of any making a public sale for Scotland. The Italy game will have a fair few that make Ticketmaster. You will find some on sale online but it can be pricy and risky. Besides that some are available through hospitality or travel companies but they will be as part of a package and priced accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭verizon

No chance for Wales and a very slim chance of any making a public sale for Scotland. The Italy game will have a fair few that make Ticketmaster. You will find some on sale online but it can be pricy and risky. Besides that some are available through hospitality or travel companies but they will be as part of a package and priced accordingly.

Yeah I had a look around the travel companies but they don't really suit. I was able to get tickets to the Scotland game through the Munster supporters club however.

I look forward to all news from the supporter clubs I've joined over the last two days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

France away now sold out on their website.. if anyone was still looking

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

Do the MRSC still have tickets for Scotland does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

Do the MRSC still have tickets for Scotland does anyone know?

Bit the bullet and got two for Scotland! delighted. Is the MRSC a yearly thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭trevezel

i was allowed to buy 2 tickets for Wales and 2 for Scotland with a single membership !
    there's no limit from the system
    cash taken from my bank account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

If I join the munster supporters club now, are there any 6 nations tickets left up for grabs?

Advertisement