Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Six Nations tickets 2016!

• 23-09-2015 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, I want to get my hands on tickets for the Ireland V Wales match on Feb 7th. Can someone tell me around what time do they usually go on sale and how can I find the exact date? Can't seem to find it anywhere! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Hi, I want to get my hands on tickets for the Ireland V Wales match on Feb 7th. Can someone tell me around what time do they usually go on sale and how can I find the exact date? Can't seem to find it anywhere! Thanks :)
    You need to get them through a rugby club or else sign up to the Ireland supporters club(€50 per year to join, and you have to be very on the ball on the minute the sale starts) . Very rarely do they go on general sale, and I would certainly not expect to see any for the Wales game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I think availability will be high this year. A lot of people who spent a fortune on RWC will sacrifice the Six Nations. I wouldn't join the supporters club.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I think availability will be high this year. A lot of people who spent a fortune on RWC will sacrifice the Six Nations. I wouldn't join the supporters club.

I would have thought the demand would be massive after we win the RWC...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I would have thought the demand would be massive after we win the RWC...

Good point! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Join the supporters club, it's definitely the best way to get tickets

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

^^^^^^^^^^

or you guaranteed to get tickets if you join? do they notify you

philstar wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

or you guaranteed to get tickets if you join? do they notify you

No you are not guaranteed tickets, but they notify you about the sale. Once the sale starts, it's dog eats dog. That said, I have got tickets for all home games for the last two years via the supporters' club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,245 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

vienne86 wrote: »
    No you are not guaranteed tickets, but they notify you about the sale. Once the sale starts, it's dog eats dog. That said, I have got tickets for all home games for the last two years via the supporters' club.

Lucky you if you did :) These days, even being in a rugby club isn't the safe bet of getting a ticket that it once was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 joanneryanx

Thanks so much for replying everyone! If I join the supporters club will they let you know exactly what day they go on sale?

Thanks so much for replying everyone! If I join the supporters club will they let you know exactly what day they go on sale?

Yes they will - day and time.

• Advertisement

Lucky you if you did :) These days, even being in a rugby club isn't the safe bet of getting a ticket that it once was.

Yes I have been VERY lucky but was fortunate to be able to go into the sale as soon as it started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Yes I have been VERY lucky but was fortunate to be able to go into the sale as soon as it started.

I've also always managed to get them through the supporters club but, like you, I've been online pretty soon after they go on sale.

Deadly,what's the price range?

Deadly,what's the price range?

Expect them to be between €30-€100 depending on where you are seated.

Edit. Something to bear in mind is that whatever tickets that are made available to the supporter groups depends on what haven't been taken up by clubs, sponsors, away unions, verified travel agencies and affiliate bodies. There won't be a set specified amount of ticket made available nor will there be a set amount of tickets at each price range.

As the lads have said, it's first come first served and it's pretty much take what's given. But do keep your eye out.

Thanks so much :) I was expecting them to be more expensive to be honest! Fingers crossed now! Haha!

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Wales will be the most expensive game.

Expect them to be between €30-€100 depending on where you are seated.

Edit. Something to bear in mind is that whatever tickets that are made available to the supporter groups depends on what haven't been taken up by clubs, sponsors, away unions, verified travel agencies and affiliate bodies. There won't be a set specified amount of ticket made available nor will there be a set amount of tickets at each price range.

As the lads have said, it's first come first served and it's pretty much take what's given. But do keep your eye out.

I have got fairly good seats through the supporters' club - I go for category 1. Any I have got have been way way better than ones I have won in Leinster rugby lotteries.

I have got fairly good seats through the supporters' club - I go for category 1. Any I have got have been way way better than ones I have won in Leinster rugby lotteries.

Aw cool! I may join it so! Not even for me! But it's going to be a really cool Christmas present :)

Now the OLSC tickets; that's chancing your arm stuff. If you even get an offer from them.

If it's up to me then I select the cheapest ones going; that way you can't do any worse and it's still the same match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

What about tickets for away matches - what's the best way to get these?

• Advertisement

You can't usually source these in Ireland unless you buy a travel package

You can't usually source these in Ireland unless you buy a travel package

Actually clubs can request some when it comes to the 6N. The traveling union gets a small allocation but it's variable and there's a lot luck at play if you get any at all. Better off getting them sourced from a local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mossy464

Can someone confirm if there is a limit on the amount of tickets that can be purchased if you are a supporters club member? Can you purchase more than 1 ticket? Assuming your on the ball when they are released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

mossy464 wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if there is a limit on the amount of tickets that can be purchased if you are a supporters club member? Can you purchase more than 1 ticket? Assuming your on the ball when they are released.

usually they start with a limit of 2

mossy464 wrote: »

I have always bougt two for each game and have occasionally been offered more. You really need to be ready with your finger on the buzzer....sorry, I mean mouse.....when the sale is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,892 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the mrsc will have information on a limited allocation of tickets in there next red letter for members for the home 6 nations games.

id say they will be a draw for the wales games and maybe a sale for the italy and scotland games.

the way the draw works is you pick 2 tickets and put in your cc details and if your name is drawn out your card gets charged and they let you know by email. I tried for England tickets this year and was not successful but thankfully got tickets later on from a member who could not make it.

Ticket details from the Irish Rugby Supporters Club will be out any day now.

Tickets will be less harder to get for the 2016 6 nations because were not playing the bigger teams at home. Wales will be the hardest match to get, Italy will be easy to get and Scotland as its the last game of the tournament for ireland will be scarce if it means anything.

The autumn international tickets will be avaiable in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Tickets for the French game are currently on public sale on

https://billetterie.ffr.fr/fr/meeting/1103/france-irlande-2016/stade-de-france/13-02-2016/15h25

Leinster are having a draw for their allocation. In my experience, these seats are usually quite poor - e.g. up in the corner.

The email about the Ireland supporters' club ticket sale hasn't arrived yet - seems to me to be a bit late this year - last two years it came before the end of November.

• Advertisement

The email about the Ireland supporters' club ticket sale hasn't arrived yet - seems to me to be a bit late this year - last two years it came before the end of November.

They may well be waiting on returns from clubs etc to be determined before they know what they have to play with.

They may well be waiting on returns from clubs etc to be determined before they know what they have to play with.

They usually do wait for that. Anyone I know buying from a club have their business well done at this stage.

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They usually do wait for that. Anyone I know buying from a club have their business well done at this stage.

It's currently happening at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Tickets on sale December 8th @ 10 a.m.

The mrsc were suppose to have details of there allocation but it got delayed.

The Irish supporters sale will prob be in January or late this month

Would be nice to have tickets before Christmas

Someone was reading my post! Email has arrived saying sale is this day week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The Irish supporters sale will prob be in January or late this month

Would be nice to have tickets before Christmas

And now it IS nice!!!
    Does it make you smile and feel all warm inside?!

kuang1 wrote: »
    And now it IS nice!!!
    Does it make you smile and feel all warm inside?!

Not til I have 4 Wales tickets and 2 Scottish ones lol

Seems a bigger allocation than recent years

Not til I have 4 Wales tickets and 2 Scottish ones lol

Seems a bigger allocation than recent years

Usually limited to two per match, so it is still limited to 6 in total, but you can drop one of the matches and buy extra for another. I expect the Wales game to be where the biggest demand is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

I'm looking for tickets for any Six Nations home match as a present, is my best bet just getting one through the likes of Marathon Travel etc. as I'm not a member of the supporters club? Do people ever tend to sell their tickets online anywhere nearer the time?

thebuzz wrote: »
    I'm looking for tickets for any Six Nations home match as a present, is my best bet just getting one through the likes of Marathon Travel etc. as I'm not a member of the supporters club? Do people ever tend to sell their tickets online anywhere nearer the time?

Best bet to join the supporters club its 50 euro for a year and u get a gift with it (4gb USB key was last year). If any tickets remain after the sale they will go on public sale.

Best to look out on rugby online forums and toutless.ie as people may sell tickets at face value on them sites.

Travel agents sell tickets for more than face value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

. If any tickets remain after the sale they will go on public sale.

B

Any idea when that will be?

crazyderk wrote: »
    Any idea when that will be?

The supporters club members have a 48 hour window, after which they should be put on public sale.

It looks like the supporters' club ticket sale is being done by Ticketmaster this year - pheck it anyway. I hate that website with a passion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

The supporters club members have a 48 hour window, after which they should be put on public sale.

Thursday the 10th then im guessing?

Best bet to join the supporters club its 50 euro for a year and u get a gift with it (4gb USB key was last year). If any tickets remain after the sale they will go on public sale.

Best to look out on rugby online forums and toutless.ie as people may sell tickets at face value on them sites.

Travel agents sell tickets for more than face value

Tickets for the Italy games usually get to be on sale to the general public; a few for the Scotland game make it as well. The Welsh game, well it has as high a demand as England and France so don't plan on getting any for them though a few decent sods will turn up fairly priced ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭sniper83

anyone tell me will tickets be available for the away games to the supporters club members next Tuesday also??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

sniper83 wrote: »
    anyone tell me will tickets be available for the away games to the supporters club members next Tuesday also??

No, but tickets for the France game are available online, right now, to the general public.

https://billetterie.ffr.fr/fr/meeting/1103/france-irlande-2016/stade-de-france/13-02-2016/15h25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭sniper83

cheers, its tickets for the England game im after.

No, but tickets for the France game are available online, right now, to the general public.

I'd say there will be no rush on tickets for the French game for a while, given the happenings in Paris. I'd love to go, and have friends going, but am not prepared to commit.

So members of the Ireland supporters club have go an email with a password for the ticket sale tomorrow. I see that there are three links on the email, which would seem to me to imply that it will take three log ins to ticketmaster to get matches for the three matches. What a pain!

• Advertisement
Advertisement