Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

if you dont like driving the trucks, I thinking this may not be the game for you hah

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It IS the game for me, just not in the way the makers untended

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Hopefully a bit of info at some point about the on-hold Irish mod:
    http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5758&p=47253#p47253

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone get the Scandinavia Dlc?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Anyone get the Scandinavia Dlc?

A bit expensive for me right now since I'm buying GTA in a few days, but I'd say I'll pick it up in a sale at some point if it's discounted a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    A bit expensive for me right now since I'm buying GTA in a few days, but I'd say I'll pick it up in a sale at some point if it's discounted a bit.

18 is a pricey but I've heard good things about it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

From what I've seen it's just ETS2 in the US... I'm holding off until a few more states are released.

On the Scandinavia DLC, i think it's pretty cool, though some of the roads up there are confusing as hell :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

From what I've seen it's just ETS2 in the US... I'm holding off until a few more states are released.

On the Scandinavia DLC, i think it's pretty cool, though some of the roads up there are confusing as hell :P

I wonder will we get an ice Road truckers mod that would be cool ha.

I dont think it's a bad thing that its basically euro truck with American maps but it probably would of sold just as much if they had to tie it in to the euro truck game as an add on for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I see they have police in it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

ScumLord wrote: »
    I see they have police in it now.

They have an irritating habit of spawning right behind you as soon as you go over a limit, I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,666 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Bought ETS2 in Christmas sale and just started it up, definitely see this as my go to time sink for the next while, what's everyones opinion on the multiplayer mod? Any good? Is it supported by the devs or completely fan made?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I have played this game for ages now. I originally had the separate UK & Euro Truck Simulator on a combi CD-ROM before I had bought this game on Steam.

I got ETS2 sometime last year on Steam for about €6 which I thought was a great price.

I had found about the game first while looking up videos on Youtube. I had intended to look at videos of the original game that i had before; but the videos for the multiplayer version of ETS2 on Youtube came up at that time. I had watched a few of them at first & i thought they were enjoyable. Now I addicted to them to watching idiots on the road videos every fortnight or so from one guy's channel in Finland.

Here is his link that shows them. So far he has about 100 idiot videos for ETS2 on his channel which I think is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Merceli88

I had my own truck before my laptop before my laptop broke down a few months ago due to a broken hard drive. I had lost my files while they were not backed up on the cloud or on a memory stick. OneDrive or Dropbox could be a suitable cloud based option if you have games on Steam that do not allowing saving your files online.

The truck I had before was a Scania R730 & I had it painted with the Irish Flag Decal in dark green metallic paint.

I have currently one garage in the game which is based in London, England.

I play mutliplayer too & it's fun at times. I play on the EU1 server & the near majority of the drivers on it are very friendly when they pass you by on the road.

Although I had a few gits intentionally crash into me on that server before when I was driving a Renault Magnum Excellence in Koln in Germany & I think the other one crashed into me somewhere in either Amsterdam or Rotterdam. I also had another fecker crashing into me recently as I was struggling to drive up a hilltop on a Volvo FH16 around Germany or Switzerland. I heard recently that the police car add-ons in mutliplayer are played by administrative staff only. No purchase of a police car is allowed in the game.

The road to avoid on the EU2 server in multiplayer (the server without the speed limiter) is between Calais & Duisberg. The traffic has been recently unreal on that road. I've seen on Youtube that the admin cops are there now regularly to close it down on occasions because of a high amount of truck drivers on it. There is usually about 100 drivers on that road at one time so traffic jams are a huge issue on it.

I'm not playing multiplayer now because I sometimes download the beta versions of the game that is only in single player on Steam.

The latest one I have is Beta V1.26. To download the latest beta version here is how to do it.

Right click the ETS2 game logo or name in your Steam library & click properties at the bottom of that list.

Once in 'Properties'; A box will appear on the screen & you click 'Betas' on the top label.

Once your in Betas; click on the drop down menu somewhere near the top of the box.

Click on ''public_beta - 1.26 public beta" to download it straight away.

I have logged over 260 hours in this game, and something has only clicked with me in the last 10 minutes...

Spain and Portugal aren't in the game! Seriously, I'd never noticed that before. :o

Anywho, real reason for posting is just wondering if anyone else picked up the latest expansion (Vive le France)? I bloody hate the roads in France now. Some of the junctions there confuse the absolute bejaysus out of me. It's very like the Scandinavia DLC in that way, the roads added in those expansions feel way harder to navigate than base game or Going East. The amount of toll booths in France too, my lord!

My company's doing fairly well at the moment, have 4 other drivers on the road, pulling in a sizable income each day. Next time I'm back in Austria I'll be buying a second garage (my HQ's in Vienna) I reckon. :)

I have logged over 260 hours in this game, and something has only clicked with me in the last 10 minutes...

Spain and Portugal aren't in the game! Seriously, I'd never noticed that before. :o

Anywho, real reason for posting is just wondering if anyone else picked up the latest expansion (Vive le France)? I bloody hate the roads in France now. Some of the junctions there confuse the absolute bejaysus out of me. It's very like the Scandinavia DLC in that way, the roads added in those expansions feel way harder to navigate than base game or Going East. The amount of toll booths in France too, my lord!

My company's doing fairly well at the moment, have 4 other drivers on the road, pulling in a sizable income each day. Next time I'm back in Austria I'll be buying a second garage (my HQ's in Vienna) I reckon. :)
    Next you'll be telling me Ireland is nowhere to be seen either :rolleyes:
    And France has always been peppered with tollbooths but at least since the rebuilt the old parts they've added the auto-barriers from Scandinavia to some of them (not all though as I found out after a high speed encounter)
    Saving up for Viva La France though, but for now I still have lots of exploring to do and achievements to unlock even after nearly 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Do you have any MAN TGX's in your fleet?

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    Next you'll be telling me Ireland is nowhere to be seen either :rolleyes:
    And France has always been peppered with tollbooths but at least since the rebuilt the old parts they've added the auto-barriers from Scandinavia to some of them (not all though as I found out after a high speed encounter)
    Saving up for Viva La France though, but for now I still have lots of exploring to do and achievements to unlock even after nearly 3 years.

Well the lack of Ireland was always part of my consciousness because if it was in the game I would have started out there, but honestly I always just assumed Spain was there and I'd never taken a job to go there yet (I tend to spend most of my time in Eastern Europe). :o
    Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Do you have any MAN TGX's in your fleet?

Nope. I'm driving a Scania (for the sole reason that it has a trip computer that the others don't seem to have (as in, it tells you how much further you can go before running out of fuel)), I think I have one DAF which was my first expansion of the company, and 3 Mercedes which I bought in one go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I have a few 100 hours on this but haven't played it in months as lost my save too but one major tip I give anyone starting out was to avoid basing in UK and France best you can.

UK to be avoided because of the crappy roads and having to use the Ferrys and avoid France because of the tolls. Germany was the best place for building us a career quickly.

It's a nice easy relaxing game to chill out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Nope. I'm driving a Scania (for the sole reason that it has a trip computer that the others don't seem to have (as in, it tells you how much further you can go before running out of fuel)), I think I have one DAF which was my first expansion of the company, and 3 Mercedes which I bought in one go.

I'm guessing the DAF is an XF95 or an XF105 and the Mercedes ones are the Actros models.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the DAF is an XF95 or an XF105 and the Mercedes ones are the Actros models.

XF95 and the Actros, dead right. I think they're the cheapest I could get at the time. :P

I'm aiming for the "National Truck Company" achievement atm (or whatever it's called), but I'm forcing myself to have 5 drivers in each garage before expanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I drove down to the south of Spain this summer and I can tell you there's a crazy amount of tolls, not only that they're expensive. The most I paid was €32.

Spain is almost as bad, but they trump France for confusing junctions. When you come up to the lights, only the lights on your side of the junction apply to you. The ones across the way are an additional set of stop lights on a different timing. So if you can get a green light on your side and the light on the other side of the junction could turn red leaving you stuck in the middle.

Another thing they do is put traffic lights on the way into town that go red as you approach and when you stop they flash amber. They're not on junctions or zebra crossing, they're just there to make you stop and go entering the town. Confusing as fup the first time you come across them.

Roundabouts are a free for all where anything goes, it's everyman for himself, Even on big 8 lane roundabouts.

If anyone needs a partner in crime for the multiplayer, add away: http://steamcommunity.com/id/airbiscuit_mmx/ . These days I like driving the Duisburg-Calais road with a dashcam on to try and get a few plonkers taken off the road, such as these lovely gentlemen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Best game ever to just sit back with some of the ingame game radio streams and chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 smncnnr

Ireland will be included in the Promods map mod for ETS2. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Some very good news for the ETS2 crowd. The game is a winner of The 2016 Steam Awards in two categories.

The "Sit back and relax award" & "I thought this game was cool before it won an award" award were won for ETS2.

Full list of winners of the first ever awards here

http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwards/

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I bought this a long time ago and had put a good few hours into it and then forgot about it for some reason. I remember trying to get back into it and found the steering really head wrecking...... is it possible to adjust it properly using an XBox 360 controller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've always used an Xbox controller and found it works fine.

I had some issues with the Xbox controller initially, found it WAY too sensitive. Messing around with the dead-zones and sensitivity in the options sorted it out though, not sure if that's your issue or not Hintaro, but something to try anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks Guys,

I'll get it installed again and look at the options. I think around the time I had been playing it originally all the feedback was saying you really needed a wheel and it put me off somewhat. Will look at it again as I had really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement

Thanks Guys,

I'll get it installed again and look at the options. I think around the time I had been playing it originally all the feedback was saying you really needed a wheel and it put me off somewhat. Will look at it again as I had really enjoyed it.

Nah, definitely don't need a wheel to get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Only downside of a controller IMO is that there just aren't enough buttons for everything you might want. For instance at the start and end of a journey I have to dive to my keyboard to hitch/unhitch the trailer, I have no horn on my truck and I don't have full range of lighting options available without going to the keyboard. :P

Advertisement