Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 5 (Ground Zeros] ....completed in 2 HOURS!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Kojima said alot of japanese users are pissed that the online is being made by a westren studio, kojima said its due to making the online a more accessible game since the west while had a small dedicated community never took off. Bull**** reason because its was not due to the game accessibility it was due to konami dreadful online servers and people got fed up easily trying to make a bloody account. On top of that konami never even bothered to fix mgo and allowed people to ruin and hack the game with easy exploits that you did not even need the videogame to do it.

What I am hearing hear is mgo 3 going to be another generic online shooter without depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

The game has just leaked in the UAE. Be extra careful on forums if you don't want the game spoiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When is it out here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    When is it out here?

21st March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Can't say I'd be paying 30 notes for a demo. But for those who do, I'm sure theres more than 2 hours play in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Seems GameStop are charging €30 for current gen and €35 for next gen. Ha GameStop are a rip off :p Konami made the price for both gens the same, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Seems GameStop are charging €30 for current gen and €35 for next gen. Ha GameStop are a rip off :p Konami made the price for both gens the same, right?

I'm nearly sure they made them different but not by much

I think if i get this it will be on US psn store as a digital download. I'll wait and see what people say about it when its out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I bought this game yesterday in Qatar for PS3 and I absolutely loved it. Sure, it's short (I actually got lost for a bit, my time clocked in at 168 mins) but the map is very dense and encourages multiple playstyles. MGS fans will love it and there's one particular side mission that has a hilarious moment of fan service :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I bought this game yesterday in Qatar for PS3 and I absolutely loved it. Sure, it's short (I actually got lost for a bit, my time clocked in at 168 mins) but the map is very dense and encourages multiple playstyles. MGS fans will love it and there's one particular side mission that has a hilarious moment of fan service :D

I don't suppose there's a way to get it over here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

snausages wrote: »
    I don't suppose there's a way to get it over here?

The postal service is horrendous here I'm afraid! It really wouldn't be worth your while, plus it cost the equivalent of around €45. I posted some impressions on this thread, third post: http://www.grcade.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32554&st=0&start=1220

Ground Zeros is appearing on various torrent sites right now. Time to avoid anything MGS related. Especially YouTube videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Ground Zeros is appearing on various torrent sites right now. Time to avoid anything MGS related. Especially YouTube videos.
    Yep, going to unfollow this thread too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Kojima being interviewed on twitch at the minute on Konami's channel .

Might want to go full screen so you can't see the user chat feed :D

Examiner.com beat it in 25 minutes. Seems like the 2 hour estimate for the main mission is a bit generous. Sounds like a ripoff even at the reduced price.

25 minutes?!?! :eek:
    Like we get the whole side missions and just messing around exploring the world. But if the main story line can be completed in 25 mins just going from a to z... thats a ripoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

That's probably on low difficulty setting and rushing through it is not how you play Mgs,they prob played it like a fps

• Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Won't buy this until it's a tenner, and can't imagine seeing a ps4 game for that any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

Iv GameStop given 35 quid for it already.... Sign of a total Mgs fanboy

brady12 wrote: »
    That's probably on low difficulty setting and rushing through it is not how you play Mgs,they prob played it like a fps

Maybe, but whichever way you look at it Ground Zeroes is really lean on content. The side missions are probably going to be fairly unremarkable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

The tanker mission was better than the rest of MGS2, a lot better. I played it repeatedly (until I found the ZOE disc...) in different ways. It was short, tight and brilliantly detailed.

If Ground Zeroes is anything like that it'll be worth the money for what's looking like one big fun level to play around in. I don't measure enjoyment in hours.

It probably helps that I'm horrible at stealth though, so it'll take me days to get through it! :pac:

I know they're being released separately but I'm not going to treat them as two games. Seems a safe bet that when Phantom Pain comes out the two will be bundled together in one game and that'll be how I'll play it.

Anyone know what time this releases at? Will it be out same time on eu store as the us store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

So when the The Phantom Pain gets released, will it include Ground Zeros as well? If it does, then I think I'l just download GZs instead of getting the physical copy, as I'm pretty sure I'l be picking up PP in the future. Or is there some other reason I don't know about to buy the boxed copy of GZ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So when the The Phantom Pain gets released, will it include Ground Zeros as well? If it does, then I think I'l just download GZs instead of getting the physical copy, as I'm pretty sure I'l be picking up PP in the future. Or is there some other reason I don't know about to buy the boxed copy of GZ?

Would like!me to know this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

IGN gave this an 8/10, and an 8.5 from Gametrailers.

9 from Eurogamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Any idea how big the download size is?

Think I'll wait for some reviews here before thinking about it. Its seems to be quality over quantity from the reviews but its still pretty pricey for that quality

• Advertisement

snausages wrote: »
    Examiner.com beat it in 25 minutes. Seems like the 2 hour estimate for the main mission is a bit generous. Sounds like a ripoff even at the reduced price.

Jesus 25 mins,

20 euro is the max anybody should be paying. Even DR2: Case zero had more content than this and it was only a tenner.
    This kind of business model is not good for the industry. This is an easy rent and that is all that is required.

Advertisement