Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that should be illegal?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

What do people have against muzzled dogs outdoors? Surely its better for dog owners too since your dog is less likely to get attacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

csi vegas wrote: »
    A fair bit sadder to see some poor kid (or adult) or some other misfortunate animal mauled half to death by letting their precious "he-won't-touch-you-he's-harmless" Buster run riot around the streets and parks...

These incidents though appalling are relatively rare. They get a huge amount of publicity when they happen though.

Should ALL dogs be made to suffer because of them?

I think that's like arguing that all muslims should be banned from flying just in case one of them carries out another terrorist attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,322 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Boy racers in their souped up pieces of sh*t cars who tailgate practically on the back bumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It should be illegal to hang political posters of any kind up on lamp posts. Too much money pissed away on this, run a page in the newspapers, a 30 second ad twice weekly after the 6pm or 9pm news and after the 9am and 12pm news on the radio instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Posters on boards finishing by saying...
    cordially....

It's usually used here as a device to condescend, trailing off into silence...
    As if tumbleweed were to pass by...
    Any second now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

What do people have against muzzled dogs outdoors? Surely its better for dog owners too since your dog is less likely to get attacked?

The owning of pets should also be illegal. The vast majority of people I know who have pets shouldnt be allowed to have em. Birds trapped in cages, rabbits stuck in boxes, dogs living out their lives in a tiny back garden, maybe going for a run every other week. Shameful carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

I try to see from the dog's point of view. They're not robots. How do you think it would feel to have a plastic basket strapped closely on your face every time you went outside your house? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

These incidents though appalling are relatively rare. They get a huge amount of publicity when they happen though.

Should ALL dogs be made to suffer because of them?

I think that's like arguing that all muslims should be banned from flying just in case one of them carries out another terrorist attack.

Oh Please!

Dogs do not suffer whilst wearing muzzles!

As for your last comment - that's one hell of an unrelated comparison to make...like don't allow an alcoholic near a pub...:rolleyes:

Rape.

Controversial.
    Have you a regeneration plan made up for the boreens and alleyways of Ireland?
    What else are they supposed to do in those places?
    Bowls doesn't work at night, remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I try to see from the dog's point of view. They're not robots. How do you think it would feel to have a plastic basket strapped closely on your face every time you went outside your house? :(

I don't try to sniff my own arse or drink water from puddles. Dogs have leads already so I can't see their being much of a problem with a muzzle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

LordSmeg wrote: »
    The owning of pets should also be illegal. The vast majority of people I know who have pets shouldnt be allowed to have em. Birds trapped in cages, rabbits stuck in boxes, dogs living out their lives in a tiny back garden, maybe going for a run every other week. Shameful carry on.

Well not the owning of pets, no but for some (and many) it should be.

It is indeed very sad and cruel how these animals are treated and neglected and in the hope of not starting up a raging row on here tonight - I too think it lousy to keep birds and others trapped in cages and huts.
    Such animals should never have been domesticated.
    I know OF a girl who has a capuchin monkey, I went so far as to investigate was it legal in Ireland. Unfortuneately it is :mad:. Vile bítch.

A cat needs to roam at leisure (and should) and a dog should be able to aswell (when in its owners company and muzzled, for everyone's safety).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Reality TV of any kind. Hang em all
    The demise of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly.
    Organised religion.
    People who dislike Marmite
    Dog poop
    Slugs
    This lump on my leg.
    Movies which dont feature Scarlet Johansson in tight clothing
    Having to work for a living
    Big fry ups being bad for you
    Easi Singles being called cheese
    The current showery weather
    MDF
    The absense of Evanne Ni Chuilinn from our Tv screens.
    Toll roads

This! A million times this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Alter boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Women drivers

darokane wrote: »
    Women drivers

I was gonna say they're an easy target, but with all that veering, I'm not sure if I could shoot one.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,726 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

20 year age gaps
    ,Neighbour is currently dating a 17 year old polish girl, he's 39

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Nissan Micra drivers, tend to have yet to learn how to drive properly or are in the early stages of dementia and forgetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Daily Mail
    Mail on Sunday
    Joe Duffy

Basically anything or anyone that makes a living from scaring people to sell advertising.

Government calling taxes anything other than tax, no levy or charge, or service charge, or social charge, it's feckin tax.

Monogamy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

20 year age gaps
    ,Neighbour is currently dating a 17 year old polish girl, he's 39

It should be illegal for this neighbour not to be President.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Junk mail in my letterbox, everyday some crap offer from some crap place send their crap leaflets into my letterbox, **** off. :mad:
    It's such a waste as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Junk mail in my letterbox, everyday some crap offer from some crap place send their crap leaflets into my letterbox, **** off. :mad:
    It's such a waste as well.

If I see people walking around the estate putting junk mail in letter boxes I crouch down under the letter box and put it back out through it, it amuses me greatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Caribbean Cat

Buggies in crowded shops/areas

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭seXmym0nkey

Jedward's american accents. Don't actual mind them other than that. (Respect for sporting the Johnny Bravo look)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Alcohol? Fook that! :p Would those who say they'd like it banned REALLY like that?

20-year age gaps - e.g. 28 and 48?
    MaxSteele wrote: »
    Censorship of the media and the term "offensive" should be illegal ....

The fact that some religious, conservative gimp alliance of parents or aul wans can dictate to the government what I can and can't watch at a certain hour because they find it offensive or derogatory ... is simply unfair. :mad:
    But then THEY'D be censored...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

csi vegas wrote: »
    Talk to the hand...
    hold it out, I'll get my dog to give it a nip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

"Pro-life" gore - or at least restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

Watching Sky TV
    Watching S4C
    Cycling 4 abreast on the N81 at the spot where the heaving masses behind have a chance to overtake the 65
    Eating Crystallised Ginger
    Being Armenian/Portuguese, especially if a cyclist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭emmamurphy233

You should need a license to have a child. If you need one for a dog, why not something you're going to shape the entire life of. Everywhere there are unfit parents, and nothing is done about them. I see it everywhere where I live. Children turning out to be utter scumbags destined for prison life because their parents didn't give a **** about them growing up. To improve society we need to improve how children are raised.

Advertisement