Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Gilligan gets 6 more months

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

realies wrote: »
    Obviously I know that, but everyone knows he was behind her murder, do you doubt it?

Its not up to anybody or everybody or what I think,Its up to the law of the land and the courts, Gilligan was tried and acquitted of the murder .You cant or imo should not have people in court on one charge and for that person to get sentenced on another.
    The law of the land sucks. He was behind Veronica Guerin's callous murder leaving a little boy without a mother so I wish him nothing but the worse in life. I know he didn't pull the trigger but he might as well have. Sentences are too lenient in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

The 20 year sentence was from 1996 not 2001.His original sentence was extremely harsh as well 28 years from importing hash:eek:

Crazy sentence, If that's all they could get him for after all of the investigations it says a lot.
    True put there have been cases of people being caught with 10-15 millions worth of heroin and only getting 10 years

Exactly, Its pathetic, Heroin dealers should get larger sentences.
    Liam Byrne wrote: »
    11/28 = 39% SERVED

That's 61% OFF, which is an absolute disgrace and would be a joke if it weren't letting thugs and low-likes back into out society.

Liam, He is actually serving twenty years not twenty eight, And his sentences start from the time he was in custody in Ireland, Remember the photo's of him coming off the plane dressed like a clown, I think it was a GB prison uniform.
    realies wrote: »
    Has has been said earlies in this thread he was convicted of importing cannabis, A drug many many people would like to see legalised,why should he have gotten life ?

True, I think it should be legal too.
    RichieC wrote: »
    My mate says he's a bit of a joke in the prisons now, youngfellas shouting abuse at him ect..

Yes, They mock the **** out of him, A lot of people don't like him, They blame him for the crackdown after VG's death.
    Obviously I know that, but everyone knows he was behind her murder, do you doubt it?

Yes, There was a lot more to do with that case then the simple theory that JG ordered her death and Brian Meehan drove the bike and Dutchy Holland shot her, A lot of criminals fled and others ratted their way out of it so I reckon it was a much larger operation than just those three. I'd almost wager that DH didn't even shoot her, I reckon one of the informers actually done it and I'd say another well known criminal that VG knew was heavily involved.

Advertisement