Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spider... on my floor... walking out of my kitchen...

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭Paddy Bateman

i read a thread in animal and pet issue tonight about trap, neuter, release. Can you neuter a spider? Or lob him out the door? Tell ya what, don't stand on him and let him go. be nice, don't be a ****!
    Blast the spider with good hot piss. That will stun him good !

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

i feel your pain hate those beasts :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Raditub wrote: »
    i feel your pain hate those beasts :P

Not nice! They are our allies in the war against the germ spreading flies. Bleein fly lovers, get outta that garden!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

meh, not much meat on that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It's just a baby... This was in my kitchen a few years ago. He was massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I threw one of those out the door once and he rand back inside and hid before i could close the door. watch out!
    Pretty cuddley thouhg, the bigger the cuddlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I've a spider that lives in the wing mirror of my car. He'd sometimes be out but once I start driving he heads back in out of the wind. Fair play to him, I say.

I have one of them too. Wouldn't mind it much but he's a very industrious productive little shít. I could check my car last thing at night and everything is OK, but first thing the next morning it's like someones thrown a fishing net over it *

I just use a brush anymore to break the web in the morning rather than driving at excessive speed trying to dislodge the fecker. Try explaining that at a checkpoint "well Guard, I was just trying to see could I shake off my pet wing mirror spider, Slim".

OP you know trapping a spider under a glass just angries up their blood and instills a murderous streak in them. Hope you survived the night.

* Fishing net analogy may be a slight exageration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I dunno what it is about my house attracting the mutant spiders. I'm not afraid of them in general but the ones that have been dropping by are seriously disturbing looking ones.

Like this fùckin' enormous bugger who hung around the fridge and was lightning fast. He was bigger than my hand!

He vanished after I went to get something to remove him but now he's already crawled down my mouth while I slept and laid loads of eggs behind my eyes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

This comment might be more suitable to the conspiracy theories forum but....
    has anyone noticed that spiders seem to be getting bigger year on year i got one around christmas times that was almost the size of my fist:eek:

I never remember seeing any of these big buggers (Tegenaria Duellica) when I was a kid, only in the last ten years. The ones I remember to be prevalent were the much smaller Tegenaria Domestica which until a few months ago, I hadn't seen in about 10 years. So there must have been a change in the spider ecosystem so that there was enough food to support the larger spider, which shoved off the smaller ones (due to Haugh's hypothesis, two species cannot co-exist in the same ecosystem while eating the same food).

I'm a bit of a spider nerd

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »
    He vanished after I went to get something to remove him but now he's already crawled down my mouth while I slept and laid loads of eggs behind my eyes :(

Those ones are little fúckers. I arrived back from holidays before and opened the cupboard to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

smash wrote: »

:eek: :eek: :eek: I am never going on holidays again cause now i know ill come back to something like that!!

i HATE spiders.... now i can feel them all crawling on me :eek:

Think of the children, lovely children! Hope you fed them well.

gurramok wrote: »
    Think of the children, lovely children! Hope you fed them well.
    I hoovered them up and then sprayed the cupboard with insect killer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

I'm happy that AH doesn't allow images to be viewed in threads, otherwise I wouldn't have clicked on this thread. I'm a massive arachnophobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I absolutely hate flys so the enemy of my enemy is my friend, so spiders rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I can't even bring myself to click on those links.:(
    I H.A.T.E the fcukers - they give me the heebie jeebies!
    Got meself a spider catcher from spidercatcher.com that is a bit of a help -- but I still wouldn't approach the really big ones - the hubby can get those for me.

Awful smell of pussy of some of you lot. They're only spiders :D :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Caught a big fecker who was sitting on my stairs last night,a glass and sheet of paper work best.Then simply let them outside.They are too fast to catch by hand and I don't like hurting them.

Awful smell of pussy of some of you lot. They're only spiders :D :P

And racist:pac: Just because the spiders are generally brown and black, people have the fear. If the spiders were white, it'll be a love-in thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

KILL IT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    How do you know that it is a male spider ???

he had clubbed palps... :)

Advertisement