Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ways to save money or earn more?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

KateMonster wrote
    I work in an office in Dublin this guy i fancy works in the office two days a week. . What to do

School yard romance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

newmug wrote: »
    I wish I was trolling. And ignore away, you'd swear I somehow offended people by the pathetic reactions on this thread, by people who have obviously never experienced a tough week in their lives. They don't know how lucky they are.

Hi new mug,

Genuinely sorry to hear about your circumstances

I for one have gotten a serious reality check from reading your post,
    Hope you get sorted soon!
    Good luck with everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

This might be handy for some folks : http://www.reddit.com/r/frugal

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Are you jealous or something? So now I have to justify what I drive? Well, its a 15 year old commercial diesel Cruiser. Tax is E333 per year, insurance is under the aul lads name and I'm named on the policy, seeing as I don't have a job, I don't have to drive every day, and if I sold it, its worth about E1500. I paid E12K for it 7 years ago, so I've gotten my moneysworth out of it.

As you can see from that quote, I do eat a lot of fruit. I never said porridge was all I ate, read back through the thread to see what "fruits" I mix with it.

Tell Ya-What, next time YOU'RE on the dole, try that, and come back to this thread and tell us what happened.

newmug you're a techie? Have you tried any of the Springboard courses or the like? I am sure there is some way of getting yourself sorted with your qualifications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Even here on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I'm not going to read the entire thread, so some suggestions may have been made. I'd suggest getting a part time job/summer job. Teachers, while they have a very demanding job, don't really have too many hours, so maybe consider trying to get a shift somewhere on the weekend to give yourself a bit of extra cash, and grinds on the side might not be a bad idea. And look for jobs during the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

While the idea of frugality on an individual basis is good it would be very bad for the economy if everyone adopted this way of life. Mass unemployment would result from everyone cutting out waste and unnecessary expenditure from their lifestyles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Jesus lads, this is all getting serious. Can we get back to the standard AH responses about selling sex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

I am a teacher, my wages just seem to dissolve away. Any suggestions on how to not spend money without just hiding inIhouse all weekend?

if you do not do grinds like many teachers do, how about a summer job for the summer months? I know a few teachers who do that, and they can save thousands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

You get paid once a fortnight op. Work out your set bills a month, divide them by two and direct debit that amount into a separate account on payday. Then set up a separate saver account that you can't easily touch, another direct debit and forget about it. Finally take a set amount out on a Thursday. MAKE it last until the following thursday. Then take the same amount out the following Thursday. I treat every Thursday as my payday for spending money and don't touch my account outside of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

learn how to make moonshine.. then when you have your diy alcohol distillery set up, you can make your own alcohol stove to heat the house..

as well as having booze for your house parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

I wish I was trolling. And ignore away, you'd swear I somehow offended people by the pathetic reactions on this thread, by people who have obviously never experienced a tough week in their lives. They don't know how lucky they are.

Have you considered Cat-burgulary? Someone suggested it as a career earlier and it struck me as having great possibilities for going up in the world.

No pesky C.Vs, no interviews, you need to be a self-starter and there is endless possibilities for business travel. I don't think it's covered by Jobbridge either - another plus - No dubious internship required. Ticks almost all boxes as far as I can see. And all the women love a raffles type.

Any suggestions on how to not spend money without just hiding inIhouse all weekend?

The best night of my month is my monthly house party. I cook up a storm - get the drugs and drinks in - everyone piles over to my place every month. It is every time a great night. I stick a box near my front door and anyone who wants to drop cash in to fund the night - can - but no one has to.

Everyone keeps coming back - most times I break even or profit - so do not knock spending a weekend in a house.

Other than that - not sure how to advise you without a better break down of what your actual expenses are. Do you even know where your money goes? If not - finding out is your first step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Have you considered Cat-burgulary? Someone suggested it as a career earlier and it struck me as having great possibilities for going up in the world.

No pesky C.Vs, no interviews, you need to be a self-starter and there is endless possibilities for business travel. I don't think it's covered by Jobbridge either - another plus - No dubious internship required. Ticks almost all boxes as far as I can see. And all the women love a raffles type.

As your local Jobbridge reporter I can indeed confirm that there are currently no vacancies for cat burglars. Or even the more common or garden varieties of burglar.

http://intern.jobbridge.ie/Default.aspx?q=sjDArutve/3w53BLzNXooesjqRrGoX95L6zX310XQ+ZkPrjRXZfgnq9aCED/CBaEB7/EYciwt/RC+LOlNxs8UD9LAjj7M2Lo3u/cRXi0yliyP7RK7hJYFN5Gsp8+RANXSYBeOqEYtCqemWWEJdAziz9+vtGCYaMQMuy5jzXVd0sfV26ZiZV1AtDLuiMMZ4YdvvqI0PRMQpyMQ//ulCkhW+l4iceCn7/nTqJSqGeecF0WlrhRwEk5eHgVEeU55JZ3FjlbfsY6x8Zr8mG5jXdwAq4ciytM00z1ozmuvCrC6AlDERc1/IhNXmPFQtPl5ya2CldENQJlbk+Uzqd7NL6es1Vlm8iAv1ZYTpNiFYZMVmfCUke9XADAB+6i4gkU1lOec9iYn+iX0nc=

As your local Jobbridge reporter I can indeed confirm that there are currently no vacancies for cat burglars. Or even the more common or garden varieties of burglar.

Damn, everythings taken these days. Ah well, there's always a career hosting drug-fuelled house parties. Which don't sound all that thrifty, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Put the children to work in the guise of a "project" then sell what they make.

Did this with Christmas cards. We always do a practice one and a good one. Practice ones follow my exact guidelines and are packaged and sold. I will be expanding into Easter, Father's day, Mother's day and whatever else is going.
    God bless their cute barely can keep colour between the lines little hands. Colour my pretties, colour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Adult camming, there's even a thread about it here.

Adult camming, there's even a thread about it here.

And not one fcuker went to the bother of explaining what it was. I'm still unsure if it's painting your body green and brown blotches and hiding in undergrowth or stripping naked in the sitting room, perched in front of a web-cam while Jimmy McHugh, batchelor farmer from the Dingle Peninsula cracks one off while leering at his Samsung tablet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

stripping naked in the sitting room, perched in front of a web-cam while Jimmy McHugh, batchelor farmer from the Dingle Peninsula cracks one off while leering at his Samsung tablet.

While chaturbating :eek:

• Advertisement

WikiHow wrote: »
    While chaturbating :eek:

"Weathers fierce mild"..fap fap fap :D Bleedin mad stuff.

And not one fcuker went to the bother of explaining what it was. I'm still unsure if it's painting your body green and brown blotches and hiding in undergrowth or stripping naked in the sitting room, perched in front of a web-cam while Jimmy McHugh, batchelor farmer from the Dingle Peninsula cracks one off while leering at his Samsung tablet.
    This might give you some insight, Stav:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89694088&postcount=74

Naah, thats just the Soda lad letting his freak hang out in public. Still clueless. And I'm happy that way, leave me be. :D

Naah, thats just the Soda lad letting his freak hang out in public. Still clueless. And I'm happy that way, leave me be. :D
    *Throws dildo in the bin*

*Throws dildo in the bin*

I'm not big into the Hobbit either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Seperating the 2 ply toilet paper will last twice as long and half the toilet roll budget for the year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement