Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC SF: Clermont Auvergne vs Leinster; Sunday 29 April, KO 1600(CET); Live Sky Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Grimebox wrote: »
    So are you telling me that that 6 and 7 switch places in the scrum dependant on where it is taking place on the field!? I played rugby since I was 13 and never knew this!

Never realised that myself till I saw Jennings and Gleeson swapping around in the scrum circa 2008, makes sense I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Ah lads...!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

So are you telling me that that 6 and 7 switch places in the scrum dependant on where it is taking place on the field!? I played rugby since I was 13 and never knew this!
    mind you in france the 6 and 7 tends to play as left flanker and right flanker so its no written in stone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭ironingbored

tolosenc wrote: »
    Gave Cuddles a ragging on Twitter to the extent that he responded to me. Hopefully he'll swing a dig and get sent off now.

I also have a 6'6" 19 stone Canadian after me now...

What did you say? Did he DM or publicly respond?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Thats why they are called "Blindside" and "Openside" flankers..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭twinytwo

profitius wrote: »
    Its not very obvious to most people.

Generally speaking a 7 is a little lighter/smaller/shorter but has a higher workrate. 7s (AKA openside flankers) tend to be first to the breakdown and have good breakdown skills. They follow the ball more. Martyn Williams, Neil Back being good examples.

6s (AKA blindside flankers) have a slightly different role. Generally they're taller/heavier/bigger. They're physically stronger (ie Ferris) than 7s and generally being taller, they are used more in the lineouts. They also tend to be good ball carriers.

Look at SOB playing at 6 and 7 for an idea of the difference in roles. At 7 he has to be the first man in the ruck. At 6 he gets more ball to run with. Shane Jennings doesn't carry much but he is always making a nuisance of himself at the breakdown, slowing the ball down and putting pressure on the opposition attackers.

just to for the sake of the newb... they are also used for running over/breaking in half, backs that think they are awesome with their quick feet and such:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

don't know how true this is , but according to the IT ,thornley

Apparently McLaughlin and Eoin Reddan had knocks last Monday and Schmidt wanted to go with the team which trained together all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Ah lads...!

Its your very own post that educated me. Surely you wrote it expecting to inform some people!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

thebaz wrote: »
    don't know how true this is , but according to the IT ,thornley

Apparently McLaughlin and Eoin Reddan had knocks last Monday and Schmidt wanted to go with the team which trained together all week.

I heard this as well about McLaughlin from one of my contacts:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Funny tweet from Nathan Hines

@Wagga5: @SeanOBrien1987 Any chance of a retweet. My team is playing in the Semi Final of the #HeinekenCup2012 tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Its your very own post that educated me. Surely you wrote it expecting to inform some people!

13 years playing though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Are the semi-finals only being shown on Sky Sports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Are the semi-finals only being shown on Sky Sports?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Is TG4 showing the full game later (and the Leinster Claremont game) on this evening or just extended highlights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Coburger wrote: »
    Is TG4 showing the full game later (and the Leinster Claremont game) on this evening or just extended highlights?
    Highlights only

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

durkadurka wrote: »
    Funny tweet from Nathan Hines

@Wagga5: @SeanOBrien1987 Any chance of a retweet. My team is playing in the Semi Final of the #HeinekenCup2012 tomorrow.

Haha. Fecking Seanie and his retweets

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

tolosenc wrote: »
    Gave Cuddles a ragging on Twitter to the extent that he responded to me. Hopefully he'll swing a dig and get sent off now.

I also have a 6'6" 19 stone Canadian after me now...

A bit sad tbh. If this was his response to you then he's giving good advice...
    @NeilEvans9 twitter where every kids a tough guy ! #getalife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Why don't Leinster have a home QF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

SantryRed wrote: »
    They did. This is a semi and it's done by draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

SantryRed wrote: »

We had a home QF, The draw for the SF is randomly picked out of a hat for a team to get a home game, and at that its not their home venue, its just played in the country of the team, so its why ulster are in the Aviva and Clermont are in Stade Chaban-Delmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Is anyone aware of any legit online options for watching the game? Our regular spot is only doing delayed coverage and I'd like to see it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

giddyup wrote: »
    Is anyone aware of any legit online options for watching the game? Our regular spot is only doing delayed coverage and I'd like to see it live.

FoxSoccer(Something) have it on their online service in the US I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

giddyup wrote: »

There is no live tv coverage in the states only delayed coverage on fox soccer plus (I think). They are streaming it live on the Internet though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

@NeilEvans9 twitter where every kids a tough guy ! #getalife

How embarrassing. Some of the idiots in this country shouldn't be allowed internet access.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chris_d

good luck leinster. defend with intensity. attack with precision. you can have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I'm like a child on christmas eve right now waiting for my present to arrive.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Does anyone know where this game will be shown in Vegas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Zzippy wrote: »
    A bit sad tbh. If this was his response to you then he's giving good advice...

Nope not me. It was part of a larger conversation about the NHL also including Chauncey O'Toole. Me and Cuddles support the same team, O'Toole a rival team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Might want to remove that mate, no "illegal" streams allowed in forums any more, only legit broadcasters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Got quite drunk with some Clermont fans last night. Great banter was had, they like me don't have a clue how the match is going to go today. It's bright & sunny here at the moment so hopefully it will stay like that. Come on Leinster!!!!!!!!

Advertisement