Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bridging the Vodafone HG658c

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

You can't connect two modems into one DSL line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

roast wrote: »
    You can't connect two modems into one DSL line.

Ok, thanks. So any idea how I accomplish what I want to do? i.e. have two separate networks, one a wireless one not connected to LAN at all with its own DHCP, the other the LAN based on the Sonicwall configuration.

Ok, thanks. So any idea how I accomplish what I want to do? i.e. have two separate networks, one a wireless one not connected to LAN at all with its own DHCP, the other the LAN based on the Sonicwall configuration.

Your Sonicwall is now the main router/controller of everything that comes after it. Are you trying to create subnets/networks between wireless and wired clients for security? Or why? You can create separate network subnets on sonicwalls and bind them to separate interfaces anyway.

Your Sonicwall is now the main router/controller of everything that comes after it. Are you trying to create subnets/networks between wireless and wired clients for security? Or why? You can create separate network subnets on sonicwalls and bind them to separate interfaces anyway.

Thanks for the input. I already have the Sonicwall set up as I want it.

I want a wireless signal, effectively for guests/visitors, that has nothing to do with the Sonicwall - I don't want users that connect to the wireless to have a LAN or DMZ or any other Sonicwall/DHCP address. So I'm trying to work out how to put a wireless device on the WAN side of the Sonicwall.

Thanks for the input. I already have the Sonicwall set up as I want it.

I want a wireless signal, effectively for guests/visitors, that has nothing to do with the Sonicwall - I don't want users that connect to the wireless to have a LAN or DMZ or any other Sonicwall/DHCP address. So I'm trying to work out how to put a wireless device on the WAN side of the Sonicwall.

If you want complete physical segregation, you can have the HG658c bridge to two separate devices with two separate WAN IPs using nat. You'd have to get a /30 IP subnet from the isp.

That's a whole haype of messin'.

Alternatively, you can set up a completely separate network on the sonicwall used only for guest access. This can be bound to one physical interface, which your WAP would be connected to.
    For example, 192.168.1.0/24 for your LAN and 192.168.2.0/24 for your guest access. Both networks would have the same WAN IP.

Less messin', but still messin'.

Or, you could just go the easy route create a separate SSID on the sonicwall for guests to connect to, which uses a separate subnet from your normal LAN. It's still going to be secure as long as the firewall is configured correctly.

If you want complete physical segregation, you can have the HG658c bridge to two separate devices with two separate WAN IPs using nat. You'd have to get a /30 IP subnet from the isp.

That's a whole haype of messin'.

Alternatively, you can set up a completely separate network on the sonicwall used only for guest access. This can be bound to one physical interface, which your WAP would be connected to.
    For example, 192.168.1.0/24 for your LAN and 192.168.2.0/24 for your guest access. Both networks would have the same WAN IP.

Less messin', but still messin'.

Or, you could just go the easy route create a separate SSID on the sonicwall for guests to connect to, which uses a separate subnet from your normal LAN. It's still going to be secure as long as the firewall is configured correctly.

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed response.

I'll discard the first option rightat away, too much messin'!!

Second option. I'm not sure how I bind a new network to one physical device...I only have two ports to connect into on the Sonicwall - LAN and OPT which is my DMZ.

I dont think my sonicwall is wireless enabled, so option three would not appear to be an option.

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed response.

I'll discard the first option rightat away, too much messin'!!

Second option. I'm not sure how I bind a new network to one physical device...I only have two ports to connect into on the Sonicwall - LAN and OPT which is my DMZ.

I dont think my sonicwall is wireless enabled, so option three would not appear to be an option.

My mistake, I thought the TZ180 had wlan - You should have a few LAN ports on the back too? (as well as Opt/Wan)

My mistake, I thought the TZ180 had wlan - You should have a few LAN ports on the back too? (as well as Opt/Wan)

Yeah I have spare LAN ports at the back. But is there way to configure one of them to be on a separate network for the guests?

Thanks for helping with this.

Yeah I have spare LAN ports at the back. But is there way to configure one of them to be on a separate network for the guests?

Thanks for helping with this.

I'm more familiar with the NSA series but I believe the TZ series follows the same idea - I could be off though. It's fairly involved, but the short form is that you create a new interface (lets say LAN2) in the config, assign this to a Zone (your new network, 192.168.2.0/24) and then firewall rules to block connectivity between the two networks, but not from the WAN.

The top answer here is a good starting point. You can stick your WAP (or whatever you want to use for wifi) into the new interface port then.

• Advertisement

Ok, I dont think my Sonicwall will allow me to add another interface or restrict that to a given port on the Sonicwall.

So I'm thinking I will just put a switch on the DMZ/OPT port, and stick a wireless router on that. If I was to do that with the Eircom router, what do I need to do, i.e. it is not doing PPOE or anything, just acting as a wireless signal.

Ok, I dont think my Sonicwall will allow me to add another interface or restrict that to a given port on the Sonicwall.

So I'm thinking I will just put a switch on the DMZ/OPT port, and stick a wireless router on that. If I was to do that with the Eircom router, what do I need to do, i.e. it is not doing PPOE or anything, just acting as a wireless signal.

DMZ by it's design completely bypasses the firewall, which means whatever you connect is going to have to have it's own firewall. The Eircom router's firewall will only operate WAN<->LAN and not LAN<->LAN.
    Which Eircom router do you have?

the Eircom is a ZyXEL P-660HW-T1 v3

When I say DMZ, I mean the OPT port, so it is a separate network from the LAN, but it is still "LAN Side" of the Sonicwall, so preumably subject to the Sonicwall firewall rules/protection. Either way, the Eircom has it's own firewall.

the Eircom is a ZyXEL P-660HW-T1 v3

When I say DMZ, I mean the OPT port, so it is a separate network from the LAN, but it is still "LAN Side" of the Sonicwall, so preumably subject to the Sonicwall firewall rules/protection. Either way, the Eircom has it's own firewall.

DMZ completely bypasses the firewall, that's its purpose.
    That Zyxel has DSL WAN, so you can't physically connect the WAN of the zyxel to the DMZ port on the sonicwall. You could connect it to one of the Zyxels LAN ports and still have connectivity, but as the firewall on the zyxel operates WAN<->LAN, it's going to be completely exposed to the internet. Nicht gut.

It's not going to work that way. I'd have another go at configuring a separate interface.

Thanks for that. I might just pop up to Argus and get some sort of Wifi extender (or whatever) that I can just plug into the DMZ switch. Not too bothered if I don't get use out of the Eircom box.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Just a quick note to say thanks to all posters who put up the easy to follow procedures (Swoofer and wheresmybeaver) . Not tech savvy at all but had little problem bridging my HG658c and using my fancy new router that I got at Christmas (Asus ac-rt87u) - have noticed a big difference especially with a fully open NAT for the xbox one.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭sennah

Haven't seen it mentioned here but the superuser login details are as follows:

U/N: superuser
    P/W: HG-658c_VF_ie*

Logging in as superuser might negate the need to un-hide page elements

If these details don't work, we found that resetting the device to defaults can bring it right. There's more on the HG659c here (hg658c.wordpress.com)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

freddy99 wrote: »
    Has anybody successfully used the 658c as a modem in bridge mode with an AirPort Extreme acting as the router, while keeping DDNS active to serve DynDns without a fixed IP address?
    Could someone point me in the right direction?

Regards, Freddy

I'm in same boat...VF coming tomorrow and afraid I'll lose current set up (welkin in modem mode connected to time capsule....anyone point us in right direction?

I found post 171. Will try that tomorrow...fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Big Dec

Hi all,

Great forum.

I actually decided to replace my VF modem with a TP Link Archer VR900.
    Just got it up and running today & all looks great.
    I was a bit dubious about security of using VF router for port forwarding considering there were so many back doors into the router itself.

Used details as follows:
    Username: {enter serial number from the HG658c}@vodafone.ie
    Password: This should be just broadband
    VLAN ID: 10
    802.1P: 0

Thanks,
    Declan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 declan_man

Hey guys,

I'd appreciate any help on this subject so i have two HG658c routers, although one has intermittent wifi which is why i ordered a second. I want to use the faulty one as a wired connection for devices while have the other as my main access point. Will bridging the router allow this to be possible?!

From reading the instructions on previous posts i have gathered i need to set one of my routers to bridge under the wan section of the local ip address which is grand. Just to confirm in my case would this be my wired connection router.

Secondly how do I enter the PPPoE on my second router to gain internet access?

Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bto

Hello, I am trying to use a Vodafone hg658c combo modem/router solely as a modem for an Apple Airport Extreme router. By reading various thread posts I would like to put the hg658c into bridge mode. I followed the thread instructions:

Admin_1_1 id is the one that displays the WAN entry where bridging option is. It's hidden so simply copy the style entry from Admin_1_2 to Admin_1_1 and voila, it appears. It's also possible to get other hidden menus to appear by applying it to other id entries.

My problem is after doing the edit as described I am unable to save the change on the line Admin_1_1 so I wind up at square one again. Any ideas or easier way to bridge this thing? I rang Vodafone but they said this issue is not supported.

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

There's a drop down menu to select bridging. Do that and then input the username and password on the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bto

Thanks very much for this info and I will try this tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hoosh1

Hi all,

Just moved house and got a new Vodafone HG658c router. Signal is really weak upstairs so I want to use the old router from the previous house as a bridge. I have bought a TP-Link Powerline adaptorfrom Argos, but having trouble setting up the second router.

Have followed instructions on page 9 posted by swoofer but final step of turning off the WI FI on second router doesn't make sense to me. Any kind hearted soul feel like helping??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

hoosh1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just moved house and got a new Vodafone HG658c router. Signal is really weak upstairs so I want to use the old router from the previous house as a bridge. I have bought a TP-Link Powerline adaptorfrom Argos, but having trouble setting up the second router.

Have followed instructions on page 9 posted by swoofer but final step of turning off the WI FI on second router doesn't make sense to me. Any kind hearted soul feel like helping??

You're confusing terms, bridging as described is for routing, what you're trying to fix is wireless.

Leave the primary HG as default.
    Set the secondary HG as an access point: DHCP off, different IP address(.1.253 instead of .1.254 say), and different different Wifi channel but the same SSID and PSK(Name and password). Also do NOT use the WAN port on the secondary, use LAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hoosh1

Ok as you can see I'm a complete noob so bear with me.

I can access the router settings for the primary HG by typing 192.168.1.1 into browser taskbar. How do I access the settings of the secondary HG? Do i disconnect from the primary HG wifi signal and connect laptop to the secondary router using an ethernet cable? This doesn't seem to be working.

The username and password are the same for both routers so I can't distinguish them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Isolate the PC you're using and the secondary and set it up, then connect it to the network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I`m thiking of getting this router....https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CEB53MS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=15P2H79I68Z39&coliid=I22LEHJQ2YM59M&psc=1. Will this replace my current Vodafone router, or will it have to be hooked up to it?

lewis wrote: »
    I`m thiking of getting this router....https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CEB53MS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=15P2H79I68Z39&coliid=I22LEHJQ2YM59M&psc=1. Will this replace my current Vodafone router, or will it have to be hooked up to it?
    No that is for use with your modem.

guil wrote: »
    No that is for use with your modem.

Would there be any difference if I got this compared to getting an all new modem/router.

Do you know of one that would be good to buy as a replacment,the Vodafone router/modem is muck.

See my post above regrding TP Link Archer VR900.
    This is port #219 above.
    I have replaced Vodafone modem/router with this unit.

• Advertisement

Would there be any difference if I got this compared to getting an all new modem/router.

Do you know of one that would be good to buy as a replacment,the Vodafone router/modem is muck.

If and when vectoring gets enabled there can be problems with the connection. Users here have reported problems with high end modems with vectoring.

I believe that vectoring has already been enabled.
    You just need to check that your modem supports it.
    The Archer VR900 does support vectoring.
    It has been many months since I purchased, so I don't remember all of the details.

Big Dec wrote: »
    I believe that vectoring has already been enabled.
    You just need to check that your modem supports it.
    The Archer VR900 does support vectoring.
    It has been many months since I purchased, so I don't remember all of the details.

There's a thread of 20+ pages of a user with the VR900 and constant problems. Not sure if the problems only started when he replaced the modem or when but its worth looking into. I use an archer C9 bridged to the Hg658c.

I`m not sure which option to go for,1) just a router hooked up to my Vodafone hape of so and so, something like this yolk...https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CEB53MS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=15P2H79I68Z39&coliid=I22LEHJQ2YM59M&psc=1 or this one, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01560JJ6Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=15P2H79I68Z39&coliid=I3CIOEOVGFUACM&psc=1.
    or,
    2) a whole new router with modem inside???

Is there much of a difference between the two?

SachaJ wrote: »
    Thanks so much. I've been at it for nearly 2 hours and I was missing the first half of step 5 where you actually select the internet connection before setting it to bridged mode. I was setting nothing to bridged mode and thus all the lights were staying on.

In my office on a different floor to the newly installed R7000 I'm getting 20 times the speeds over the supplied VF modem using wifi. Massive difference.

I`m thinking of getting this router, how is it going for you up til now.

Did you keep it besides you Vodafone router, or move it away from it?

Since my Vodafone router does`nt have Gigabit Ethernet ports, would that impact the speed/performance if I use either one of these, or am I wrong??

TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750

or

Netgear Nighthawk AC1900

Edit:I`m thinking of going with the Netgear Nighthawk R7000, just cause it has a USB 3 and has vectoring, which since I`m with Vodafone, I seem to need it....I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

Since my Vodafone router does`nt have Gigabit Ethernet ports, would that impact the speed/performance if I use either one of these, or am I wrong??

TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750

or

Netgear Nighthawk AC1900

Edit:I`m thinking of going with the Netgear Nighthawk R7000, just cause it has a USB 3 and has vectoring, which since I`m with Vodafone, I seem to need it....I think...

I have an r7000 and it's an excellent piece of kit. The vectoring is a requirement on the modem so thats still performed by the vodafone router but you bridge to the r7000.
    You're right about the vodafone router not having a gigabit port but vdsl is maxing out at 100 anyway and if that changes I assume vodafone will have to start providing new hardware anyway.

If you do get the r7000 and you have kids or reason to try and secure the network a little better then I recommend installing tomato shibby firmware. It's an open source firmware (the router operating system) that gives you much more control while retaining a relatively simple interface.
    As crazy as it sounds on such an expensive router you can't turn off the internet at different times for different devices unless you change the firmware.

Conar wrote: »
    I have an r7000 and it's an excellent piece of kit. The vectoring is a requirement on the modem so thats still performed by the vodafone router but you bridge to the r7000.
    You're right about the vodafone router not having a gigabit port but vdsl is maxing out at 100 anyway and if that changes I assume vodafone will have to start providing new hardware anyway.

If you do get the r7000 and you have kids or reason to try and secure the network a little better then I recommend installing tomato shibby firmware. It's an open source firmware (the router operating system) that gives you much more control while retaining a relatively simple interface.
    As crazy as it sounds on such an expensive router you can't turn off the internet at different times for different devices unless you change the firmware.

I`m SOOOOO glad you said what you said, I ordered the R7000 yesterday and when I saw the words R7000, I was thinking to myself, "oh great here something bad about this router and I should`nt have gotten it" lol.

I`ve kids, there young, I`ll definitely look into that firmware, I`ve never installed any firmware on a router, but it kind of reminds me of when you "flash/root" an Android phone, which I`ve done many a time.

Can you give me any tip/hint/advice on setting up the router and tweaking the setting in order to get the best out of it?

Can you give me any tip/hint/advice on setting up the router and tweaking the setting in order to get the best out of it?

I didn't spend long on the original firmware because it was a little limited for what I needed. If you've flashed android custom roms you'll have no problem with flashing the router firmware. Just make sure you do it in the right order and definitely flash the right device firmware.

If you do stay on the default then setup parental controls which is netgears implementation of opendns controls. It uses dns (hostname) filtering to filter out whatever topics you don't want on your network such as gambling, dating sites, alcohol, nudity. The number of selections are quite huge.

You can also set up no-ip to access your network from away.

Guest network is available too for letting other people have access to the web but not your home network.

The router detects usage of static dns adresses and forces the queries through opendns so kids can't easily get by.

I can't really remember much more about the default firmware but I felt it was a bit limited because you can't turn off the internet or wifi on a per device network.

On Tomato firmware I now have my daughters wifi off at one time midweek and a little later at the weekend.
    Slightly different time setup for my sons.
    Second vlan for my sons pc which he hosts a minecraft server on sometimes so its seperated from my other pcs etc.
    Bridging of certain items between the vlans like the printer.
    You can limit bandwith on a per device basis too so I throttle my daughters ipad as she is almost permanently facetiming.

Vpns are blacked by my opendns but I've allowed cyberghost through. Vpns will allow you to get past opendns so theres a risk of kids using it to bypass my security but I just try to keep an eye on that.
    You can create a vpn into your network as well as out on the router itself and even assign it to individual ips so for example you can have the tv going out on a uk vpn for bbc iplayer.

Anyway. Hopefully that gives you some ideas. Bit of a waffle, sorry bout that :)

• Advertisement

I didn't spend long on the original firmware because it was a little limited for what I needed. If you've flashed android custom roms you'll have no problem with flashing the router firmware. Just make sure you do it in the right order and definitely flash the right device firmware.

If you do stay on the default then setup parental controls which is netgears implementation of opendns controls. It uses dns (hostname) filtering to filter out whatever topics you don't want on your network such as gambling, dating sites, alcohol, nudity. The number of selections are quite huge.

You can also set up no-ip to access your network from away.

Guest network is available too for letting other people have access to the web but not your home network.

The router detects usage of static dns adresses and forces the queries through opendns so kids can't easily get by.

I can't really remember much more about the default firmware but I felt it was a bit limited because you can't turn off the internet or wifi on a per device network.

On Tomato firmware I now have my daughters wifi off at one time midweek and a little later at the weekend.
    Slightly different time setup for my sons.
    Second vlan for my sons pc which he hosts a minecraft server on sometimes so its seperated from my other pcs etc.
    Bridging of certain items between the vlans like the printer.
    You can limit bandwith on a per device basis too so I throttle my daughters ipad as she is almost permanently facetiming.

Vpns are blacked by my opendns but I've allowed cyberghost through. Vpns will allow you to get past opendns so theres a risk of kids using it to bypass my security but I just try to keep an eye on that.
    You can create a vpn into your network as well as out on the router itself and even assign it to individual ips so for example you can have the tv going out on a uk vpn for bbc iplayer.

Anyway. Hopefully that gives you some ideas. Bit of a waffle, sorry bout that :)

Bejaysus man, that`s a fair bit to take in, lol.

I`ll have to get used to the default firmware before I even think about flashing a new on one it, thanks for all the info, I`ll keep you in mind if I run into any problems.

Baby steps..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KontaX

Does anyone have VF TV alongside the broadband? I've managed to bridge the internet fine, but doing that causes the TV signal to stop connecting. I recall reading somewhere that eir multicast might not play nice with bridging, but no further details. I'm trying to bridge to an Archer C7 with OpenWRT.

Appreciate any help here, it's been doing my head in for the past couple days...

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Wow, I've been trying ages to bridge this modem router to my RT-AC66U and was getting no where until I checked out this thread. I had it working fine before we moved house last week using a crappy modem and only ordered the HG658c as I was told the line was fibre and my old modem wouldn't have worked. In the end, I realised all that was wrong was I had the cable running from the WAN port instead of the LAN port on the HG658c!! Talk about simple solution. Took me ages by resetting all devices and ended up restoring a saved configuration for my ASUS router after I figured it out.

I think I asked before but not sure if it was answered but anyone have an idea of how to acess the Vodafone web management from the behind another router?

The Vodafone is 192.168.1.1 and the archer C9 is 192.168.0.1
    I've read somewhere that it should work if it follows the same up range so I tried setting the archer to 192.168.1.2 and a few others but have had no success no matter what I try. Anyone have any ideas or is it even possible with the hg658c bridged?

I think I asked before but not sure if it was answered but anyone have an idea of how to acess the Vodafone web management from the behind another router?

The Vodafone is 192.168.1.1 and the archer C9 is 192.168.0.1
    I've read somewhere that it should work if it follows the same up range so I tried setting the archer to 192.168.1.2 and a few others but have had no success no matter what I try. Anyone have any ideas or is it even possible with the hg658c bridged?

I set my Vodafone router to 192.168.1.100 and the Archer to 192.168.1.1 and I can access both fine. I also have two cables coming out of the VF router though, one to the WAN port of the Archer and another to the LAN. Not sure if it's necessary, but hopefully it helps.

KontaX wrote: »
    I set my Vodafone router to 192.168.1.100 and the Archer to 192.168.1.1 and I can access both fine. I also have two cables coming out of the VF router though, one to the WAN port of the Archer and another to the LAN. Not sure if it's necessary, but hopefully it helps.

That's interesting about the second cable, is the Vodafone set to bridge or just DHCP and wifi turned off?

• Advertisement

That's interesting about the second cable, is the Vodafone set to bridge or just DHCP and wifi turned off?

Yeah it's set to bridge. I'm guessing it's down to the WAN being a bridged port, but the LAN allowing the VF router to be on the network.

KontaX wrote: »
    Yeah it's set to bridge. I'm guessing it's down to the WAN being a bridged port, but the LAN allowing the VF router to be on the network.

Just tried it there and changed the Vodafone to 192.168.1.180 and can login while connected to tp-link. Thanks for the help.

I got the R7000 today but I can`t get the wifi going, all LED on the R7000 are on, I need some help please, getting frustrated now..as I expected

Edit: I`m on the wireless, a bit messy of a setup, lot to figure out but I`m on....:)

Just can`t seem to hide my old SSID, I`ve checked the box for hide SSID, also disabled the wifi???

Edit edit: After an unexplained F up, after a reset of the router, the wireless is up and going again,(hopefully for good now) BUT when I connect Ethernet cable to laptop the connection is saying my old SSID? I`ve the wifi off on my Vodafone router, how do I get it to connect to the New router?

I got the R7000 today but I can`t get the wifi going, all LED on the R7000 are on, I need some help please, getting frustrated now..as I expected

Edit: I`m on the wireless, a bit messy of a setup, lot to figure out but I`m on....:)

Just can`t seem to hide my old SSID, I`ve checked the box for hide SSID, also disabled the wifi???

Edit edit: After an unexplained F up, after a reset of the router, the wireless is up and going again,(hopefully for good now) BUT when I connect Ethernet cable to laptop the connection is saying my old SSID? I`ve the wifi off on my Vodafone router, how do I get it to connect to the New router?

Sorry, missed all this. Still stuck?

Sorry, missed all this. Still stuck?

Managed to get it all going, but still figuring lots of it out, like tweeking the settings to get the most out of it as possible....

Wish I knew about the vodafone router not having QOS, no big deal, just somwthing I read that would improve PS4 online play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement