Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bridging the Vodafone HG658c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

And update, I can now connect as before, not sure what the issue (or the fix) was, maybe re-booting was it

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Hope someone can help with this. I've just upgraded from Sky DSL to Voda Fiber. I was using a Draytek 2820n ADSL2 router with a second Wan port which is meant for cable connections. I followed the OP's guide the connected the ethernet from the Huawei to the Draytek (tried with both Wan 2 & one of the lan ports). I can't ping the Huawei when its connected to the Drayteks Wan 2 but I can ping it when connected to the ethernet port.

Even when connected to the ethernet I can't ping any sites and there is no Internet connection The Huawei is in bridge mode. I've tried setting up the Draytek as dhcp with the voda username and password from the Huawei but its not creating the pppoe session for the connection for some reason.

If I bridge the Draytek with the Huawei running dhcp I can get internet access but the Draytek is running through a patch panel to 2 Airport extremes which feed the other rooms. I have about a hundred devices (literally) set with static ips and mac address filtered so replacing with the POS Huawei will be major hassle & even without extensive testing I can feel the Huawei's performance for internal network transfers is inferior to the Draytek. Anybody any clues where to go next. Any help would be really appreciated. Vodafone said they couldn't help. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gavvkk

Hope someone can help with this. I've just upgraded from Sky DSL to Voda Fiber. I was using a Draytek 2820n ADSL2 router with a second Wan port which is meant for cable connections. I followed the OP's guide the connected the ethernet from the Huawei to the Draytek (tried with both Wan 2 & one of the lan ports). I can't ping the Huawei when its connected to the Drayteks Wan 2 but I can ping it when connected to the ethernet port.

Even when connected to the ethernet I can't ping any sites and there is no Internet connection The Huawei is in bridge mode. I've tried setting up the Draytek as dhcp with the voda username and password from the Huawei but its not creating the pppoe session for the connection for some reason.

If I bridge the Draytek with the Huawei running dhcp I can get internet access but the Draytek is running through a patch panel to 2 Airport extremes which feed the other rooms. I have about a hundred devices (literally) set with static ips and mac address filtered so replacing with the POS Huawei will be major hassle & even without extensive testing I can feel the Huawei's performance for internal network transfers is inferior to the Draytek. Anybody any clues where to go next. Any help would be really appreciated. Vodafone said they couldn't help. :(

Bridged mode worked for me. Unplug all unneeded cables when running through the setup from both modems and temporary disable Wifi on Draytek aswell.

Maybe factory reset Huawei.Then log back into Huawei. Set Bridge mode again. Unplug it from power for a minute and log back in to make sure Bridge mode(PPPOE_Bridged for PTM_Internet) setting held.

If setting held, then turn to Draytek. Just have ethernet cable running from Huawei Lan1 into Wan on Draytek. Pick that Wan interface and select PPPOE.
    Enter only the serial number of Huawei in caps followed by "@vfiefttc.ie" and the password as "broadband".

Hopefully the connection is established and then reconnect the other cables back into Draytek and enable its Wifi.. If not, power cycle both modems and check connection status.
    Sometimes, for some reason, the "unbridged" modem must be turned on first for 30 seconds or so, and then turn on bridged modem after it.

Hopefully it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sirione

Conar wrote: »
    This seems to work for me

i thought my nat was sorted but it keeps reverting back to moderate, i have used the settings in your screenshot, i have tried both mapping and triggering ports, i am using a powerline adapter, would that cause this? i didnt think so, any ideas? cheers

gavvkk wrote: »
    Bridged mode worked for me. Unplug all unneeded cables when running through the setup from both modems and temporary disable Wifi on Draytek aswell.

Maybe factory reset Huawei.Then log back into Huawei. Set Bridge mode again. Unplug it from power for a minute and log back in to make sure Bridge mode(PPPOE_Bridged for PTM_Internet) setting held.

If setting held, then turn to Draytek. Just have ethernet cable running from Huawei Lan1 into Wan on Draytek. Pick that Wan interface and select PPPOE.
    Enter only the serial number of Huawei in caps followed by "@vfiefttc.ie" and the password as "broadband".

Hopefully the connection is established and then reconnect the other cables back into Draytek and enable its Wifi.. If not, power cycle both modems and check connection status.
    Sometimes, for some reason, the "unbridged" modem must be turned on first for 30 seconds or so, and then turn on bridged modem after it.

Hopefully it works!

Thanks for the reply and info. Unfortunately I'm still not able to get it to work in the Draytek Wan 2 port the connection for the lan cable shows as Line Disconnected. I also tried with with a Netgear N300 (WNDR3700 v1) connected from Lan 1 on the Huawei to the N300's Wan port, set the N300 for DHCP and connection type via PPPoE with vodafone@vodafone.ie and broadband as pass (also tried with the serial@vodafone.ie). I still cant ping the Huawei in bridged mode or ping external sites, no internet access.

When I connect wirelessly to the Huawei its shows DHCP disabled, Bridged PPPoE so it would appear to have taken the order to bridge.

When I was using the Draytek as DHCP on the old DSL connection I had it set to 10.0.0.1 and everything was static ip mapped and mac address filtered up from that IP so I set the Huawe to 10.0.0.180 and also tried it on 10.0.0.85. No change, no access. Any ideas.

Seriously considering firing it back at Voda and canceling the contract. I was told if I was a business customer they would bridge the Huawei for me but as I'm residential they won't. Crap service. The 70mb line might be faster than my former 20mb DSL but if the router is going to fall over more times than me on a night out whats the point.

Thanks for the reply and info. Unfortunately I'm still not able to get it to work in the Draytek Wan 2 port the connection for the lan cable shows as Line Disconnected. I also tried with with a Netgear N300 (WNDR3700 v1) connected from Lan 1 on the Huawei to the N300's Wan port, set the N300 for DHCP and connection type via PPPoE with vodafone@vodafone.ie and broadband as pass (also tried with the serial@vodafone.ie). I still cant ping the Huawei in bridged mode or ping external sites, no internet access.

When I connect wirelessly to the Huawei its shows DHCP disabled, Bridged PPPoE so it would appear to have taken the order to bridge.

When I was using the Draytek as DHCP on the old DSL connection I had it set to 10.0.0.1 and everything was static ip mapped and mac address filtered up from that IP so I set the Huawe to 10.0.0.180 and also tried it on 10.0.0.85. No change, no access. Any ideas.

Seriously considering firing it back at Voda and canceling the contract. I was told if I was a business customer they would bridge the Huawei for me but as I'm residential they won't. Crap service. The 70mb line might be faster than my former 20mb DSL but if the router is going to fall over more times than me on a night out whats the point.

I presume you used "yourserialnumber@vfiefttc.ie" under PPPOE not @vodafone.ie ?

Once a modem is set to bridged, all other aspects of that modem do not apply like DHCP being enabled or disabled or what ip address range it is set to. Its solely just a "passthrough" for the adsl/vdsl stream to the next device in line that is acting as the router.

Since you have another router (Netgear) to mess around with, and I presume there is nothing of importance configured in Netgear, Hard Reset(not "soft" reset)both Huawei and Netgear and try again. Just set bridge mode in huawei and dont change anything else, and then try PPPOE in Netgear.

That locked down Huawei modem infuriated me and it took me a few attempts to get all working as I originally must have screwed something up!
    Not saying it's the same for you but no harm to run over things again:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

@Blinked - just a thought which occurred to me. You say that you have DHCP turned off on the Huawei. What IP address are you giving the WAN port on the Draytek router? It will have to be in the Huawei's IP range - 192.168.1.*
    The Huawei's default configuration IP address is 192.168.1.1 (for management of the router) and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 , so unless you have changed the default configuration any ethernet connected device will have to have to be in the range 192.168.1.2-254
    Obviously, the LAN ports on the Draytek can be in whatever range that suits your needs, but the WAN port needs to be in the Huawei range.

fat-tony wrote: »
    @Blinked - just a thought which occurred to me. You say that you have DHCP turned off on the Huawei. What IP address are you giving the WAN port on the Draytek router? It will have to be in the Huawei's IP range - 192.168.1.*
    The Huawei's default configuration IP address is 192.168.1.1 (for management of the router) and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 , so unless you have changed the default configuration any ethernet connected device will have to have to be in the range 192.168.1.2-254
    Obviously, the LAN ports on the Draytek can be in whatever range that suits your needs, but the WAN port needs to be in the Huawei range.

You dont give the WAN port an IP Address unless you have a static IP Address from you ISP provider (the internet side IP Address, not internal IP addressess). That WAN IP setting is left to dynamic as ISP will assign a free WAN IP address, and every 24hrs or so with Vodafone, they assign a new dynamic WAN IP address to "home" users regardless if there is data activity on the home modem/router.

Also, as I said above, when a device is in bridged mode, it is only acting as data "passthrough" from A to B. Its networking sections(Dhcp, Nat, Ip address range etc..) are not in use:)

@gavvkk - my apologies. Of course the Huawei should be transparent if it's actually in bridged mode. I ran my old eircom Netopia modem in bridged mode for years, using a Linksys router behind it and the WAN port received its IP address from the VF PPoE login. (the old VF ADSL modem/router was very unstable).
    I was thinking maybe the Huawei was not actually in bridged mode and that the LAN ports were still in router mode.

I presume, if the Huawei won't actually support bridged mode transparently for @Blinked (although you seem to have it working), then you could leave the Huawei in router mode, turn off the wi-fi and DHCP and give the Draytek a fixed IP address and let the Draytek provide the wi-fi and routing for the home devices. Actually forget that - would probably cause too many issues with NAT, bridging would be the only realistic way to go - unless the Huawei supports half-bridging?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭OcocO

theShire wrote: »
    if you look at the source for the Accounts under Maintenance there's a list of the available users on the device:

var UserInfo = new Array(
    new stUserInfo("InternetGatewayDevice.UserInterface.X_Web.UserInfo.1","admin"),
    new stUserInfo("InternetGatewayDevice.UserInterface.X_Web.UserInfo.2","vodafone"),
    new stUserInfo("InternetGatewayDevice.UserInterface.X_Web.UserInfo.3","support"),
    new stUserInfo("InternetGatewayDevice.UserInterface.X_Web.UserInfo.4","superuser"),null);

It would be interesting to see if the superuser password could be found

Did you ever find the password for superuser? I asked a tech support guy on the phone and even the admin/admin1234 was news to him. Said it was a new router and they hadn't really got full training on it yet (that was last week so they're obviously a bit behind with their training). He said he'd try to find out for me though. I'll give him a ring back when I next think of it - too late today.

@gavvkk - my apologies. Of course the Huawei should be transparent if it's actually in bridged mode. I ran my old eircom Netopia modem in bridged mode for years, using a Linksys router behind it and the WAN port received its IP address from the VF PPoE login. (the old VF ADSL modem/router was very unstable).
    I was thinking maybe the Huawei was not actually in bridged mode and that the LAN ports were still in router mode.

I presume, if the Huawei won't actually support bridged mode transparently for @Blinked (although you seem to have it working), then you could leave the Huawei in router mode, turn off the wi-fi and DHCP and give the Draytek a fixed IP address and let the Draytek provide the wi-fi and routing for the home devices. Actually forget that - would probably cause too many issues with NAT, bridging would be the only realistic way to go - unless the Huawei supports half-bridging?

No worries mate:). Im not sure if there is half bridge available in modem and never seen it before so not sure!

Just about mad enough to shove the Huawei up the nearest Vodafone sales reps ass at this stage. Reset both Netgear WNDR3700 and Huawei to manufacturers default, set the Huawei to bridge (DHCP disabled, PPPoE bridged, wifi off, no changes to original lan IP address), set the Netgear to PPPoE and entered vodafone@vodafone.ie, broadband as pass. Victory, internet accessed via the Netgear via the iMac on Win 8 bootcamped.

But not. No other devices could gain access, android tab, HTC One, Vaio Duo. 10 minutes later interent access lost on the iMac. F-ing pissed off at this stage. Going to call Voda tomorrow and demand a replacement Huawei.

Before I fire it out the window can I just ask if I leave the Huawei at 192.168.1.1, set to PPPoE bridged, then disable DHCP on the Huawei and restart after leaving off for 1 minute, set the Netgear as PPPoE & DHCP on 192.168.1.2, reboot it, leaving 1 minute, then connect from Netgear Wan to Lan 1 on the Huawei I'm doing thing correctly and in the right order?

Can I also just confirm that when you select Inspect Element and set the display mode to display the WAN connection it reverts after a few minutes to make the WAN invisible again for everyone else?

Would rather go back to DSL at this stage as this POS is killing my network :(

PS: Just an edit on getting in bridge mode easily (assuming your router works). I pulled this from a thread on the Vodafone community forums. Its a direct link to Wan settings without needing to go through the Inspect Element process.

http://192.168.1.1/html/ntwkall/wan.asp

Its from this thread. https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Services-at-Home/Fibre-Broadband-Questions/td-p/103502/highlight/true/page/7

Just about mad enough to shove the Huawei up the nearest Vodafone sales reps ass at this stage. Reset both Netgear WNDR3700 and Huawei to manufacturers default, set the Huawei to bridge (DHCP disabled, PPPoE bridged, wifi off, no changes to original lan IP address), set the Netgear to PPPoE and entered vodafone@vodafone.ie, broadband as pass. Victory, internet accessed via the Netgear via the iMac on Win 8 bootcamped.

But not. No other devices could gain access, android tab, HTC One, Vaio Duo. 10 minutes later interent access lost on the iMac. F-ing pissed off at this stage. Going to call Voda tomorrow and demand a replacement Huawei.

Before I fire it out the window can I just ask if I leave the Huawei at 192.168.1.1, set to PPPoE bridged, then disable DHCP on the Huawei and restart after leaving off for 1 minute, set the Netgear as PPPoE & DHCP on 192.168.1.2, reboot it, leaving 1 minute, then connect from Netgear Wan to Lan 1 on the Huawei I'm doing thing correctly and in the right order?

Can I also just confirm that when you select Inspect Element and set the display mode to display the WAN connection it reverts after a few minutes to make the WAN invisible again for everyone else?

Would rather go back to DSL at this stage as this POS is killing my network :(

PS: Just an edit on getting in bridge mode easily (assuming your router works). I pulled this from a thread on the Vodafone community forums. Its a direct link to Wan settings without needing to go through the Inspect Element process.

http://192.168.1.1/html/ntwkall/wan.asp

Its from this thread. https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Services-at-Home/Fibre-Broadband-Questions/td-p/103502/highlight/true/page/7

i suppose it's possible that you have a "double crap" huawei modem where it let internet access for a while, but in my case I never used as PPPOE username as vodafone@vodafone.ie on other router but username is "serial+@vfiefttc.ie".

Making other changes apart from bridged mode to huawei , shouldn't matter but its best to simplify things.. Change the only setting required, confirm it and then move on to the next step, ie, the "true" router.

The Wan settings to select bridged mode will disappear if you navigate from that section in huawei or if there is a timeout due to inactivity:)

i have no wan port on my belkin router, can i still bridge it with the new vodafone fibre router?

sirione wrote: »
    i have no wan port on my belkin router, can i still bridge it with the new vodafone fibre router?

Nope. What model is the Belkin?

• Advertisement

Nope. What model is the Belkin?

its a belkin F5D8636-4 V2 CHEERS:)

its a belkin F5D8636-4 V2 CHEERS:)

Only option would be to purchase a Dsl router if bridging Huawei :(

Only option would be to purchase a Dsl router if bridging Huawei :(

could i use a belkin wirelss router, connect one of the lans on the vf modem to the modem connection on the wireless router?

could i use a belkin wirelss router, connect one of the lans on the vf modem to the modem connection on the wireless router?

Only through the Wan port if that Belkin had a Wan port.

Only through the Wan port if that Belkin had a Wan port.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Hi,

I am trying to bridge the Vodafone modem with an ASUS RT-N66U router. But i am having some problems:
    1. I have managed to change the connection type to PPPoE on the Vodafone, once i do that the internet light goes red.Is that supposed to happen?
    2. I have selected PPPoE connection on the ASUS router, and have put in my username/password. But the smart wizard setup tells me it cannot detect WAN connection?

Please can some one help!
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭swoofer

no, when working in bridge mode the internet light will stay off and the light on ethenet lan port one will blink green. Why not ring VF and ask them to bridge the modem for you... If they say they cant ask for business support, they will know how to. That ASUS is tricky initially I have it but changed to a NETGEAR as I was used to netgear. And I cant remeber what I did with the ASUS but I did have to make a few attempts and a few reboots. Are you using LAN 1 on the VF gateway?? To wan on ASUS. Its only a thought. And reboot the VF as well but not too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

I have it plugged into the red WAN socket on the VF?

no you dont use the wan socket on the VF use port 1 and plug into wan on the ASUS. The wan on the VF is not outputting anything!!!

Ok, not quite on topic, but...

I've Fibre in and working the last 4 weeks or so, one thing I use are CCTV camera's, I can dial in remotely etc and everthing works well, only one issue. I used to get an e-mail on motion, but these have stopped since I switched modem from regular BB to fibre. Nothing has changed in terms of config on the DVR, so I'm guessing its the Vf fibre Router

If a Port is closed re mails, how can I open it up? If that is even the fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

Stingray wrote: »
    Ok, not quite on topic, but...

I've Fibre in and working the last 4 weeks or so, one thing I use are CCTV camera's, I can dial in remotely etc and everthing works well, only one issue. I used to get an e-mail on motion, but these have stopped since I switched modem from regular BB to fibre. Nothing has changed in terms of config on the DVR, so I'm guessing its the Vf fibre Router

If a Port is closed re mails, how can I open it up? If that is even the fix

Could be the smtp port?

Could be, but I tried this via the link

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/HG658c/SMTP.htm

But can't get past having to put in either the Remote Host or Internal Host (can't recall which, as I am not at it just now), but link just demonstrates putting in just 3 fields

I wonder is it the "interface" that is causing me the issue (like previous posts when I picked the wrong one), maybe its different for SMTP Ports

Could be, but I tried this via the link

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/HG658c/SMTP.htm

But can't get past having to put in either the Remote Host or Internal Host (can't recall which, as I am not at it just now), but link just demonstrates putting in just 3 fields

I wonder is it the "interface" that is causing me the issue (like previous posts when I picked the wrong one), maybe its different for SMTP Ports

Should always be the same interface. Only way it would change is if you moved to somewhere with no ftth and back to adsl.
    What exactly is sending mails? Is the dvr sending mails from within the house where the router resides to an external email like gmail?

EDIT......it's not something I've fiddled with but assuming you're sending mails so shouldn't really have to open ports on the router. That's for accessing the network from an external location essentially.
    Assuming you're using a standard smtp port (25) it's plausable that with vodafones New found desire to limit our access that theyre blocking that port to prevent spam. Might be worth calling support.

DVR sends the mail. Interesting thread here... but it didn't work for me. I checked Spamhaus but my IP is not listed as blocked

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84532840

I've put in these Yahoo settings and which worked on my last router

http://email.about.com/od/accessingyahoomail/f/Yahoo_Mail_SMTP_Settings.htm

DVR sends the mail. Interesting thread here... but it didn't work for me. I checked Spamhaus but my IP is not listed as blocked

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84532840

I've put in these Yahoo settings and which worked on my last router

http://email.about.com/od/accessingyahoomail/f/Yahoo_Mail_SMTP_Settings.htm

Not sure. Will try to see if I can send a mail from my pc. Will be a few days before I get a chance though.

• Advertisement

Using below link and checking from outside, Port 25 & 465 are blocked. Thats going in, not sure if Ports block going in & out

http://www.checkmyports.net/

I know how to Port Forward on the router going in, but unsure going out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

I've a Y-cam that does the very same thing using standard ports.

I use Gmail as the serving client and it works fine. I use the HG658c also on VF

Using below link and checking from outside, Port 25 & 465 are blocked. Thats going in, not sure if Ports block going in & out

http://www.checkmyports.net/

I know how to Port Forward on the router going in, but unsure going out
    The router would not block outgoing ports. I think there is something wrong with your Yahoo mail setup on your camera / DVR software. Try setting up a test gmail account and use that.

The router would not block outgoing ports. I think there is something wrong with your Yahoo mail setup on your camera / DVR software. Try setting up a test gmail account and use that.

Tried Gmail yesterday and same thing not working, bare in mind it worked fine prior to new Fibre, I changed nothing on the DVR, just the router, its baffling me
    Crawler said - I've a Y-cam that does the very same thing using standard ports.

I use Gmail as the serving client and it works fine. I use the HG658c also on VF

Crawler do you Port Trigger any ports? I have Port Forwarding set up which allows access in to view, thats find, its just I'm not getting alerts on motion going out, as I had before

@Stingray - could I tactfully (:)) suggest you start a new thread for your issue as you are not using bridging in this case and you might get more focussed help. It's just that this thread is about bridging the VF modem and using a separate router. Port forwarding issues don't enter into the equation when using bridging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Crawler do you Port Trigger any ports? I have Port Forwarding set up which allows access in to view, thats find, its just I'm not getting alerts on motion going out, as I had before[/QUOTE]

Nope...all standard defaults on modem (using Google config for POP/SMTP on the y-cam device)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

New software update for the modem and the bridging option is now available straight from the admin/admin1234 login.

what is the latest software version that I should be looking out for?

swoofer wrote: »
    what is the latest software version that I should be looking out for?

V100R001C172B214

• Advertisement

New software update for the modem and the bridging option is now available straight from the admin/admin1234 login.

Not for me. I would have to download it first I think, and then install it from there.

Dunno where I'd download it from though...

It's actually there from the vodafone/vodafone too. The update happens automatically at around 3am. I guess they are doing it in phases around the country.

V100R001C172B214
    That has been downloaded automatically. Have you noticed a difference?
    I've seen an option which displays NAT connections. Otherwise no difference...

Mine was auto updated too as it turns out.

Masses more FEC errors, both up and down, for me.
    Less CRC errors though.

Otherwise not much difference performance wise, no.

I've 202,711 downstream FEC errors and 75,800 upstream FEC errors reported in the two days since my update.
    I see the PPoE bridging option is now available all right in the standard login under "Basic" "WAN"

I've 202,711 downstream FEC errors and 75,800 upstream FEC errors reported in the two days since my update.
    I see the PPoE bridging option is now available all right in the standard login under "Basic" "WAN"

Downstream CRC 20
    Upstream CRC 17
    Downstream FEC 182261
    Upstream FEC 30691

• Advertisement

There are posts in another thread about increased numbers of FEC and CRC errors. It may be just the way the modem is reporting them with the new firmware. I might pop a question on the "Talk to vodafone" forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

So acting on tips from other users it looks like if you put your modem into bridged mode using the hack on the first page then you are not receiving router firmware upgrades, and this B214 update is important for the enabling of vectoring which is going on around the country at the moment. There is perhaps a risk that you would lose your vdsl connection if vectoring is enabled on your cab and your old firmware is causing interference. B214 also now officially supports bridging, so hacks are no longer necessary to bridge.

This is what I did to unbridge the modem, apply the updated firmware and go back into bridged mode.

1. Reset Vodafone router with paperclip in reset button. Disconnect LAN cable from your primary router. The firmware update was pushed to my router almost immediately but might take longer for others; it triggers a reboot. You can confirm you have the latest firmware in step 3.
    2. Connect your PC to Vodafone router via LAN or Wifi and logon as normal using vodafone / vodafone
    3. Go into Status => Device to ensure the software version ends in B214
    4. Go into Basic => LAN and disable DHCP server
    5. Go into Basic => WAN, select second item in list (PTM_INTERNET). (Make a note of your Vodafone username here if you hadn't before - you'll need it when logging into PPPoE on your primary router.) Change connection type to PPPoE_Bridged. Uncheck TR069 and VOIP options.
    6. Click Submit and power cycle the router for good measure.
    7. Connect Eth1 port on voda router to WAN port on primary router. Primary router should have DHCP server enabled.
    8. Disable voda wifi by pressing Wifi button on voda router (green light should go out).
    9. Your primary router should now be connecting to your vodafone router (now just a dumb modem) via PPPoE using your Vodafone username from earlier. Password is broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭peking97

V100R001C172B214

Is there a direct download link for this version?

peking97 wrote: »
    Is there a direct download link for this version?
    No - VF push it to the modem/router when it is connected. Try a power cycle on the device.

thanks for heads up on bridging. did you pick any particular time for resetting modem? and did the software update disable wi fi in the VF modem/gateway?

• Advertisement
Advertisement