Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th (delete as appropriate)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

its currently 0-0 at half time at the Emirates Stadium.

What result are we hoping for here?

0-0 seems grand keeps Chelsea away until next week at least & means the battle for 3rd spot still goes on if we can manage to win our next 2 games at least...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Dunno, I'm really torn here. With our form I'd have to hope for an Arsenal win as playing how we're doing so far I can't see us catching them regardless of how they play, so we need to keep those behind us, behind us!

Although, a draw would be great if we could be QPR today.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Dunno, I'm really torn here. With our form I'd have to hope for an Arsenal win as playing how we're doing so far I can't see us catching them regardless of how they play, so we need to keep those behind us, behind us!

Although, a draw would be great if we could be QPR today.

same here Im really torn myself.....
    best to be a realist and accept the facts its gonna take a miracle for us to get 3rd. So best off hoping Cheaski loose.....Even if it means Arsenal winning in this instance.

as a side lol poor old Theo Walcott has gone off with what looks like an injured hamstring:D

Hope he dosnt miss the rest of the season and the Euros;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

im on the fence here

• Advertisement

well its a nill all so that sorts that

keane=cock wrote: »
    im on the fence here

0-0 Full time ..Ill take that as I got a gut feeling we will wake up and get 3 points at QPR......:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Newcastle 2 up already.

We badly need to beat QPR or that Gooner / Chelsea Draw could be a disaster. Never mind Chelski needing a hammering in the Champions League.

COYFS ! Extra F for emphasis :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Newcastle 2 up already.

We badly need to beat QPR or that Gooner / Chelsea Draw could be a disaster. Never mind Chelski needing a hammering in the Champions League.

Couldn't agree more. Biggest game of the season imho. I'm really starting to worry about Newcastle. I thought Stoke might cause them trouble.

ziedth wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. Biggest game of the season imho. I'm really starting to worry about Newcastle. I thought Stoke might cause them trouble.

they just went 3 up! :(

we really need a fecking win badly..

• Advertisement

Newcastle 2 up already.

i like it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Well we really are in a bit of bother, these last 4 games are perhaps the most important we have ever had. Win and we are in the CL and will be able to hang on to our best players. Lose and we will surely lose Bale, Modric and others. We are also likely to garner a better successor to Arry if we secure 4th and can offer CL football.

We miss out on the top 4 and we could be set back years, back struggling to attract decent players, back to years of mid table medriocrity.

very very worried. im not looking forward to the summer sales.

i think it will decide if we are a club with ambition or a selling club and a nearly there team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Tell you the truth lads its game over. We won't be playing CL football next year. Arry and England is a done deal. It actually would have been better for him to admit as much 3 months ago and be done with it. What we have at the moment is a rotten core that won't change till he's gone and by then it will be to late.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We're up next on RTE2.
    Can barely bring myself to watch.
    I thought Johnny Giles was talking bollox when he dismissed us earlier in the season but he's having the last laugh now.
    Thats why he's paid to give his opinions and Im not..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

We're up next on RTE2.
    Can barely bring myself to watch.
    I thought Johnny Giles was talking bollox when he dismissed us earlier in the season but he's having the last laugh now.
    Thats why he's paid to give his opinions and Im not..
    Fcuk him tbh, there's still hope. If the squad get together and decide to give it one last go they will get CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I think Spurs over achieved at the start of the season and are being found out now. I don't blame Spurs mini collapse on Harry's connection with England.

imo Newcastle's run will end at Chelsea, with us being only 1 point behind Spurs and 4 behind Newcastle at the moment i think we can pip ye and Newcastle to fourth as i feel Newcastle's form will drop after the game at Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Big weekend of results!
    Positives for us:
    Walcott out for rest of season.
    Newcastle have to play Chelsea and City.

We can make it. Ade will be back for the next game which should help us.
    We're hurting at the moment but we created chances against Qpr who also have a great track record against us.
    If we can keep it tight at the back, include Sandro in the team and hit teams on the break like we did in the CL against AC Milan surely we can do it.
    Sandro and lennon would be like new signings to us at the moment as they have'nt played much.
    We are not done yet but in saying that, if we don't make fourth, then we didn't deserve it. I would be the first to say "Credit where credit is due".
    We can not buy any more journey men during the summer.
    Imagine if Arsenal and Chelsea didn't qualify!
    Magpies and Yids for Europe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

After Chelsea excellent result over Barca, it looks like there name is on the cup. Id defo fancy them now to win it out. Guess 4th place is no good after all.......:(

Painful stuff :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Painful stuff :(

They won't beat Jose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

christ their name is on that cup , sickening:(

mickman wrote: »
    They won't beat Jose

In Jose we trust so ! :D

In Jose we trust so ! :D

Im sickened I feel worse now than I did after our shambles V QPR:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Football is seriously getting me down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

interesting read

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/25/3058136/tottenham-players-revolt-against-manager-redknapp

we are in some mess now if this is true , levy wont give harry the boot because he will be losing up to 10 million in compensation.

mickman wrote: »
    interesting read

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/25/3058136/tottenham-players-revolt-against-manager-redknapp

we are in some mess now if this is true , levy wont give harry the boot because he will be losing up to 10 million in compensation.

if the hole harry talk is true he would be a fool to shift him out and lose the cash that he could use to buy a manager outta contract cos i dont much fancy anyone outta work at the min

Crouch has just put Stoke 1 nil up V Arsenal on 9mins.

We gotta keep the faith even when its heartbreaking every weekend lately-
    Thats why we support Spurs in the first place:D:D:D:D

1-1 van persie:(

• Advertisement

newcastle 2-0 down at wigan already:D:D

Advertisement