Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf Betting Log

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Firstly I will start with those on my shortlist that didn't make it in the end due to their price contracting too much. I was researching Sunday night and the first 3 players on my list where Brendan Thompson, Matt Every and Webb. Thompson and Every were both available @200/1 and Simpson was at least 66/1 and possibly even 80/1 when I was looking over the weekend but a mixture of oddschecker being down and waiting for bookies to offer 6 places I held off and the prices where gone. Another bet that tempted me was Rory to be First Round Leader at 20/1 he has been frl 3 times this season already and off the top of my head I can remember 3 other occasions the end of last season too but for whatever reason I could bring myself to pull the trigger.

Of my bets I backed Snedeker Ante Post @85.0 which doesnt look great at this stage as he is available at 120.0 but I have noticed on many occassions the last few months Snedeker has named Pinehusrt No2 as his favorite golf course and he was practicing there last week while st judes was on and it apparently went well.

A lot has been made about the length of the course and I suppose that is what brought be onto Dustin, Holmes and Oostuizen as all three are bombers off the tee but not only that all three have played well on similar courses or have form on Donald Ross designed courses. I am a big fan of Dustin but hadn't intended on backing him this week untill looking at the stats and he came out very well in all the stats I concentrated on (Driving Distance, GIR, Approaches from 150 -200 and Putting from 10 - 15 ft) so 40s was just too big to pass up. Lastly Baddely is a bit of a punt in the dark.

Outright all paying 6 places
    Dustin Johnson 2pt win & 4pt E/W @40/1
    Luis Oostuizen 2pt e/w @100/1
    Snedeker 2pt win @85.0 and 1pt e/w @100/1
    JB Holmes 1pt E/W @150/1
    Baddely 0.5pt E/W @250/1

First Round Leader
    Sergio Garcia 2pt e/w @40/1
    JB Holmes 0.5pt e/w @100/1
    Every 0.5pt e/w @100/1

Outlay:23pts

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Firstly I will start with those on my shortlist that didn't make it in the end due to their price contracting too much. I was researching Sunday night and the first 3 players on my list where Brendan Thompson, Matt Every and Webb. Thompson and Every were both available @200/1 and Simpson was at least 66/1 and possibly even 80/1 when I was looking over the weekend but a mixture of oddschecker being down and waiting for bookies to offer 6 places I held off and the prices where gone. Another bet that tempted me was Rory to be First Round Leader at 20/1 he has been frl 3 times this season already and off the top of my head I can remember 3 other occasions the end of last season too but for whatever reason I could bring myself to pull the trigger.

Of my bets I backed Snedeker Ante Post @85.0 which doesnt look great at this stage as he is available at 120.0 but I have noticed on many occassions the last few months Snedeker has named Pinehusrt No2 as his favorite golf course and he was practicing there last week while st judes was on and it apparently went well.

A lot has been made about the length of the course and I suppose that is what brought be onto Dustin, Holmes and Oostuizen as all three are bombers off the tee but not only that all three have played well on similar courses or have form on Donald Ross designed courses. I am a big fan of Dustin but hadn't intended on backing him this week untill looking at the stats and he came out very well in all the stats I concentrated on (Driving Distance, GIR, Approaches from 150 -200 and Putting from 10 - 15 ft) so 40s was just too big to pass up. Lastly Baddely is a bit of a punt in the dark.

Outright all paying 6 places
    Dustin Johnson 2pt win & 4pt E/W @40/1
    Luis Oostuizen 2pt e/w @100/1
    Snedeker 2pt win @85.0 and 1pt e/w @100/1
    JB Holmes 1pt E/W @150/1
    Baddely 0.5pt E/W @250/1

First Round Leader
    Sergio Garcia 2pt e/w @40/1
    JB Holmes 0.5pt e/w @100/1
    Every 0.5pt e/w @100/1

Outlay:23pts

Dustin placed and returned 24.5pts

Irish Open
    Shane Lowry 5pt e/w @33/1 6 places
    Miko Illonen 1pt e/w @80/1 6 places

FRL - Shane Lowry 1pt e/w @40/1

Travellers
    Hunter Mahan 2pt e/w @40/1

FRL - Hunter Mahan 1pt e/w @50/1

Multiples
    Outright - Lowry/Mahan/inbee 0.5pt e/w Trixie
    FRL - Lowry/Mahan/inbee 0.5pt e/w Trixie

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Irish Open

First time I visited this thread was yesterday....hopefully I tuned in on a good week for you

First time I visited this thread was yesterday....hopefully I tuned in on a good week for you

Hopefully :)

I have a good feeling about the next few weeks ;)

• Advertisement

I did yesterday but for the life of me I can remember the exact details. I think it was 1pt e/w on Paula Creamer @33/1 but will have to go through my accounts to make sure

Edit:

http://gyazo.com/c68164fc88e90245d3f86d67818af802

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Hopefully :)

I have a good feeling about the next few weeks ;)

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Irish Open

great stuff there red

an 80/1+45/1 winner in the space of three days is stuff
    you only dream of

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sb78

great shout there on Ilonen.
    I backed Lowry and expected him to go well, but looking back he was no value at 25/1.... I think I might leave him for a while now...still a bit too inconsistent..what do u think?
    I was gutted when he finshed 2nd in the BMW as I had got him at a decent price.

sb78 wrote: »
    great shout there on Ilonen.
    I backed Lowry and expected him to go well, but looking back he was no value at 25/1.... I think I might leave him for a while now...still a bit too inconsistent..what do u think?
    I was gutted when he finshed 2nd in the BMW as I had got him at a decent price.

With the exception of Wentworth he has been quite poor this year, I will be giving him the swerve again to be honest. I was told that he was off the beer prior to Wentworth and working hard on his game so hopefully he bares the fruits of it soon but i wont be backing again until I see some better form

• Advertisement

Old Balance: +939.35pts
    Outlay since last update: 49pts:o
    Returns: 126pts:)
    Current Balance: +1016.25pts
    2014 Balance:-67.75pts

Not sure of exact bets will post pics when get the chance but the gist of them

Hanson and keifer in Europe
    garrigus in us
    Castro frl in us

Also did a small trixie with woods, kaymer and allen

I actually have no idea how any of them is going so hopefull castro is leading now when I check :-)

in play 1pt win leishman @16/1

Ok apologies for the above I am only home from holidays today so will tidy the above up in the coming days will Have to check the accounts for the exact bet details

I hadnt intended not getting involved this week but after an hours research I have decided on a few bets

Bradley 33/1 skybet 2pts e/w
    Stalling 100/1 powers 2pts e/w
    Frl
    Bradley 40/1 skybet 1pt e/w
    Stallings 100/1 powers 0.5pt e/w
    France
    Manessero 80/1 stan james 2pt e/w
    Canizarez 90/1 boyles 2pt e/w
    Frl
    Manessaro 80/1 sj 0.5pt e/w
    Canizarez 80/1 sj 0.5pt e/w

I hadnt intended not getting involved this week but after an hours research I have decided on a few bets

Bradley 33/1 skybet 2pts e/w
    Stalling 100/1 powers 2pts e/w
    Frl
    Bradley 40/1 skybet 1pt e/w
    Stallings 100/1 powers 0.5pt e/w
    France
    Manessero 80/1 stan james 2pt e/w
    Canizarez 90/1 boyles 2pt e/w
    Frl
    Manessaro 80/1 sj 0.5pt e/w
    Canizarez 80/1 sj 0.5pt e/w

Place money for Bradley returned 5.25pts

2pt e/w Kirk 33/1 stan james
    1pt e/w Bohn 100/1 sky bet
    1pt e/w Matteson 200/1 powers

1pt e/w Ilonen 80/1 stan james
    1pt e/w Levy 100/1 stan james

multiple
    what will amount to a e/w yankee when all bets are added up as stan james wouldnt give me f all on a yankee i had to do several e/w doubles, trebles, accums etc

streelman
    westwood
    singh
    inbee

multiple
    what will amount to a e/w yankee when all bets are added up as stan james wouldnt give me f all on a yankee i had to do several e/w doubles, trebles, accums etc

streelman
    westwood
    singh
    inbee

Outlay - 4.5pts
    Returned just over 2pts

Luke Donald 45/1 8places 5pts e/w
    Rickie fowler 40/1 8 places 5pts e/w
    Jaidai 125/1 7 places 1pt e/w
    Fleetwood 250/1 8 places 1pt e/w
    Gregery bourdy 250/1 7 places 1pt e/w
    Hoey 200/1 8 places 1pt e/w

FRL
    Jaidai 100/1 6 places sky bet 0.5pt e/w
    Hoey 150/1 6 places sky bet 0.5pt e/w

Outlay - 30pts

• Advertisement

Luke Donald 45/1 8places 5pts e/w
    Rickie fowler 40/1 8 places 5pts e/w
    Jaidai 125/1 7 places 1pt e/w
    Fleetwood 250/1 8 places 1pt e/w
    Gregery bourdy 250/1 7 places 1pt e/w
    Hoey 200/1 8 places 1pt e/w

FRL
    Jaidai 100/1 6 places sky bet 0.5pt e/w
    Hoey 150/1 6 places sky bet 0.5pt e/w

Outlay - 30pts

A nice sweat out of Rickie, disappointed with the Donald bet it was a poor choice and I hadn't intended to back him but talked myself into it.

A profitable week all the same

Returned 55pts :)

4pt win Bubba Watson @35/1
    1pt E/W JB Holmes @80/1
    1pt E/W Brooks Koepka @200/1

FRL
    0.5pt e/w Kenny Perry @300/1

Lucky 15
    Cabrera-Bello Top Spanish @10/1
    Oosthuizen Top SA @4/1
    Seung-Yul Noh Top Asian @6/1