Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutrition Advice?

Options
  • 18-12-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey,
    After being skinny all my life I have, in the last 3 years, slowly start to give birth to a mini GUT i've decided to stop being an lazy git and get fit. After about a week of reading up on nutrition and gym workouts and stuff, now im 3 weeks into this diet and exercise routine. Ive made it by watching youtube videos and reading blogs and looking websites, it fits in around work. Let me know what you think, i could be making a massive mistake nutrition or exercise wise and not know about it. Maybe i need to eat more?

Stats:

Male
    25 years old
    9 stone
    5' 6''

This is my diet, Im trying to stick to whole foods and pretty much cut drinking out altogether. Im not sure how detailed i should go, so...

6am - Breakfast:

Bowl of Tesco Scottish oats with milk, raisens, blueberries and the occasional banana, 2 hard boiled eggs, cup of Nescafe blend 37 coffee.

8am - Meal 1:

Bowl of Tesco Scottish oats with milk, raisens. small Tesco fresh fruit (slices of apple, pineapple, strawberry), occasional banana or yogurt.

11am - Meal 2:

Medium sized portion of a Chicken or Beef mince stir fry cooked in a wok with mushrooms, onions, tomato, garlic, sauce and egg noodles, broccoli or brussel sprouts and sweet potato.

2pm - Meal 3:

Small sized portion of a Chicken or Beef mince stir fry cooked in a wok with mushrooms, onions, tomato, garlic, sauce and egg noodles, broccoli or brussels sprouts and sweet potato, Cup of coffee if im going to the gym.

3pm - Gym: 4-5 days a week

20 mins cardio on either treadmill or bike
    20-30 mins weights, isolation based workouts including biceps, triceps chest, shoulders, Abs and lats. kind of the the vanity muscle really. I mix it up every couple of days, usually try to concentrate on 2 muscles per workout. 1 scoop of whey protein with water and maybe a banana.

Between 5pm and 6pm - Meal 3:

Medium sized portion of a Chicken or Beef mince stir fry cooked in a wok with mushrooms, onions, tomato, garlic, sauce and egg noodles, broccoli or brussell sprouts and sweet potato.

A Banana between then and sleep.
    I aim to be in bed by 10pm, sleep at 10.30ish i suppose.
    I also started taking fish oils

Basically i just wanna look good!

Again, suggestions are welcomed from anyone who took the time to actually read this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

If you want to look good, you should train your legs

Advertisement