Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal missions discussion thread

Options
  • 15-01-2015 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

Mission time!

giphy.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aenaes wrote: »
    Mission time!

giphy.gif
    More like this:

TSBB_Frustration-440x293.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Seems the missions are working from an improvement point of view....
    .... tried LT-1 earlier. Lost first three matches even though I did what I had to. Grrr!!
    4th match..... Ace tanker in my T37, top in XP earned.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Tenger wrote: »
    Seems the missions are working from an improvement point of view....
    .... tried LT-1 earlier. Lost first three matches even though I did what I had to. Grrr!!
    4th match..... Ace tanker in my T37, top in XP earned.
    Don't count on it; doing the arty mission I one shotted a 50B 2 min in (and enjoy cursing for another five minutes about n00b clickers etc. from the guy who was sitting still for a minute before I blew him up) but my team still went and lost being a complete waste of space players :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So I've already gotten 8 missions or so done. Many of the early ones will just come naturally through even decent play. But some of the later ones are either dependent upon luck or just the enemy being morons. There's also the still objectionable and illogical inclusion of platoon requirements.

Then again the light mission 10 is just to have a cammo net and camo applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Spear wrote: »
    or just the enemy being morons.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJQ6I49TwaJAR1ydRm--Lw12b1XlMNbmJ3AofDHA5foJg18tIV

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Aenaes wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJQ6I49TwaJAR1ydRm--Lw12b1XlMNbmJ3AofDHA5foJg18tIV

A chance that's only slightly less than the friendly team being full of morons.

Well to have great games you generally need your team to be kinda bad so they're not accumulating damage/kills. You just hope they stay alive long enough to keep the horde at bay so you don't get swamped.

//MOD

I've broken out the mission posts to it's own thread because I got a feeling it will be an ongoing separate topic

//MOD

So far I'm on arty mission 3 (need to kill a light tank), HT 5 (kill two heavies), TD 4 (kill a tank without being spotted) and medium 3 (need to track a tank). I can say without a doubt the medium and light will be my by far two biggest banes; the spot 6k damage or play with arty and deal xxx etc. is out right painful (I hate light tanks!) and the medium "Kill two TDs a tier higher" or "Kill & assist in three arty kills" etc. are so counter intuitive on 90% of the maps for them to happen through good play ><

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

there was a mission for capping the base, i think? yesterday i watched most of a tier6/7 match circle each other and go for the respective flags. we won with ~20 or so players left alive. lots of whining that people are trying to kill the remaining 2/3 players instead of capping, too.

• Advertisement

Yup, one of the heavy missions is do 1000 damage and then win by capping the enemy base. It's fairly arbitrary and artificial given that an important factor behind the campaign is to teach people to be better players.

the problem with it was that heavies were ignoring the usual heavy fighting spots and trying to flank. it was a right mess. hopefully there'll be less of this nonsense in the coming weeks.

Spear wrote: »
    Yup, one of the heavy missions is do 1000 damage and then win by capping the enemy base. It's fairly arbitrary and artificial given that an important factor behind the campaign is to teach people to be better players.
    Light has one as well, 20/40/60/80 points, don't get hit and at higher level deal X damage as well if I remember correctly.

Kromdar wrote: »
    .... it was a right mess. hopefully there'll be less of this nonsense in the coming weeks.

Similar experience last night for me. People playing to missions rather than to win. A few stated it in chat.

I guess it will be like this for the next week- 10 days. Then the majority of players will go back to more 'normal' play.

Nice earner with the missions so far...am up to 4-5 on all but Arty. Earned enough to buy my JagdPanther II..... (I'm using my Tier 6-7 tanks as they are Elite and/or good crews)

I was going for the secondaries over and over again until I realized 25k silver is one game in a premium tank; why bang my head on a wall for those secondaries when I can simply take out my premium tank for the silver (and possibly get a bit further on the HT/TD missions)...

Nody wrote: »
    I was going for the secondaries over and over again until I realized 25k silver is one game in a premium tank; why bang my head on a wall for those secondaries ....

I thought the idea was that having all the secondaries on the LT,MT,HT,TD lines mean no need to get the APG awards? So no need really if you can do all 5 sets.

No, it's only the secondaries on the final mission that gives an extra token.

Completing the final primary gives 4, and the secondary gives a fifth. With 4 lines done with their secondaries, you can gain 20 tokens, and avoid the need for the 5 line, presumably arty for many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That moment when you need 1000 dmg dealt and get 998 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

I think the missions are great.... though I have to start to look at them as a long term goal and not try to rush through... meaning I will just enable them all .. have an idea what I need to do ... but then just try to play the game normally.

today I was focusing on doing damage/kills on the move in a LT where I might have been better hanging back and getting a win for the team

• Advertisement

VikingG wrote: »
    I think the missions are great.... though I have to start to look at them as a long term goal and not try to rush through... meaning I will just enable them all .. have an idea what I need to do ... but then just try to play the game normally.

today I was focusing on doing damage/kills on the move in a LT where I might have been better hanging back and getting a win for the team

If you press Tab in battle, it shows the mission requirements at the bottom of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

the straw that broke the camels back for wg i think. thread on the forums was up to page 27 in a day when i went home at 4. all complaints.

such a bad bad implementation.

light tanks rushing to spot enemy. mediums rushing to kill arty.

unicums playing like pancakes.. worst idea EVER

Wait until they implement PvE (yes it's being discussed appearantly)...

So a weekend in on the mission how are you finding them? Personally I've got the Heavy Tank and TD up to the platoon missions; LT is on the cap 25% and MT is set someone on fire on the Stug.

By far the hardest mission so far have been "hit three targets as a LT while moving" and anything relating to capping. The number of games going to cap and you being even remotely close are so few and far between. The kill two mediums also had me greatly annoyed simply because most games had 1 to 2 mediums (and if someone else killed it...).

Lights: 4/15
    Mediums: 13/15
    Heavies: 6/15
    TDs: 7/15
    SPGs: 4/15

I was stuck on the "hit three targets as a LT while moving" for a while too. It didn't help that was I trying it in the T21 since we don't seem to get along too well. I completed it after in the WZ-131.

I didn't start the artillery missions until yesterday but realised I had better get some out of the way rather than leaving them all to last and getting frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ok, so things settled down a bit after the intial noob fest, still a lot of bad playing across the board.

up to the platoon missions on the mt and the tds. i dont normally play platoon except the odd time with my brother, so they will be tough.

light tank im stuck on the hit 3 targets while moving, every time i get two done, i try to yolo to get the last one and not happening.

the medium tank one to kill a lt took ages, i had about 10 games with 0 or 1 lt, so finding one was hard.

using my vk3001d for most of the emdium missions, flying through them.

obj704 and t110e4 for tds and jt 88 too.

bought a hummel for the spgs, anyone who claims the arty isnt broken, im averaging at least 2 kills per game in a 75% crewed hummel. rarely miss too. hummel was most fun for me back when i played arty, so rather than picking a tier 9 on the other trees i just went for a fun one. stuck on the lt one ages.

speaking of arty, had at least 3 games yesterday where i was one shot in tier 9 or 10 medium tanks by arty, such horse ****e. got one shot while travelling (not in a straight line) in the type 64 at about 65kmph. IMPOSSIBLE shot.

i dont really play ht that much, so im grinding through a few lines at tier 8 - they have proven to be the hardest missions for me, even though on paper theyre easy. i have about 5 of them done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 awgz

I've never seen unicorns playing so badly before......my main problem though are the platoon missions. I finally got into a random platoon to do the first td platoon mission and omg was it painful. If anyone needs help/ wants to help me with the platoon missions then give me a pm in-game (username:awgz).

To be fair I've never laughed so much as when a 13 90 bounced 4 shots on my wtE100 because he was going for that shoot on the move mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tracking the enemy with an SPG is tricky. Kept just nuking them instead :p

ED E wrote: »
    Tracking the enemy with an SPG is tricky. Kept just nuking them instead :p
    Go with biggest splash range and aim for a cluster of enemies; hopefully one of them will only be tracked :P

Also happy to help with platoons if you drop me a message first in game first to let me know you're from boards (I ignore random platoon invites from strangers as I get a few every night). In game name is Dangrim (CRY II).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I suppose I better get a few of these done as well .... I definitely need the money as I have to buy a e75 ...whether i get a female crew member is another matter ...

by the way, if you got the choice, what tank would you put a crew of women into?

Advertisement