Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead Discussion (SPOILERS)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i thought asskicker had it for sure there, and yeah i don't like her either (lizzy?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

i thought asskicker had it for sure there, and yeah i don't like her either (lizzy?)
    Think thats her name, the one who was about to kill asskicker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great episode,roll on next Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

very good episode, starting to pick up the pace.
    Am I the only one though that wamts a bit of a car scene in it?
    Like they find a V8 Crown Vic and start driving around abandoned cities :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I wish Lizzie and Mika would be killed off already, they are just crap.

Great episode, liked the way it was done with the separate stories tying together, and the diary intro was well done.

I thought Carol would be back at some stage but didn't see it coming this ep.

ABRAHAM! Slightly disappointed his first line wasn't something more iconic, but delighted he's here. I need to get my expectations down as there's no way they'll have him swearing as much as he should be :pac:

Looks like we're off to
    Alexandria
    see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz :)

Mod: had to spoiler that last part

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Fantastic start to the 2nd half of the season, its bubbling nicely

Does anybody else think Lauren Cohan who plays Maggie is a terrible actor, his accent sounds so forced.. I'm hoping shes killed off this season

Fantastic start to the 2nd half of the season, its bubbling nicely

Does anybody else think Lauren Cohan who plays Maggie is a terrible actor, his accent sounds so forced.. I'm hoping shes killed off this season

Actress, her :P :D
    I don't know, I enjoy looking at her... especially when she has to run :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Carol's back. :cool:

Thought Tyreese was gonna deck her too for a second :D

• Advertisement

Excellent timing on her part though. Another minute and Asskicker was gone. What the hell is wrong with Lizzy? Naming and feeding walkers, leaving Judith in her cot out in the open with walkers and a firefight raging nearby and now this?

can carol control lizzy?

Hope so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Carol looked stunned for a few minutes, I couldn't figure out if it was because;

a) she thought Tyreese would kill her for Karen's death,

b) she was trying to process what they were telling her about the prison

c) she walked up on Lizzy smothering baby asskicker, and realised she helped create a lil' monster

Maybe it was all the above!

I reckon Lizzy and Carl will clash when the groups join up, and Comic Book
    Didn't Carl kill one of the other kids in the comic? Maybe Lizzy will be TV equivalent of the that victim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

My god this show has gotten boring. Walking dead tries way too hard top be emotionally hitting nowadays and just plain flat out fails at doing so. First two episodes of this season really do nothing to impress.

Why couldn't all the seasons be like season one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Eoin247 wrote: »
    My god this show has gotten boring. Walking dead tries way too hard top be emotionally hitting nowadays and just plain flat out fails at doing so. First two episodes of this season really do nothing to impress.

Well Season One had a Hollywood director, using a big budget that only had to stretch over 6 episodes for one thing.

as good as it was i'd rather it evolved and added new stuff like it's doing right now lest it got stale and repetitive

• Advertisement

interesting episode this week, anyone else get the impression from last week's "diary" and the teaser for next week that the Diary group isnt gonna make it, but the diary will be found?

They seem to be telling the story in past tense through the diary and showing in live action what had happened already.

maybe it's just me, and i haven't read the comics so yeah.. :D

God I hope not, couldn't really care about Beth but godammnit I'm a Daryl fanboy :D.
    It looks like Rick and Tyrese's group will be meeting up soon as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

So are you telling me now all the zombie apocalypse has to do with government experiment or something?
    Not trusting the scientist.
    interesting episode this week, anyone else get the impression from last week's "diary" and the teaser for next week that the Diary group isnt gonna make it, but the diary will be found?
    I know, but they can't kill Daryl!

Is anyone else wondering why they aren't trying to answer the main question "how did this happen?"...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 DavidHabsburg

bushball wrote: »
    God I hope not, couldn't really care about Beth but godammnit I'm a Daryl fanboy :D.
    It looks like Rick and Tyrese's group will be meeting up soon as well

They can't kill Daryl, he is far too popular to kill of now, and he needs to get it on with Carol.
    bear1 wrote: »
    Is anyone else wondering why they aren't trying to answer the main question "how did this happen?"...?

I am actually not that interested in the answer to that question. I would much rather watch the day to day struggle to survive. I would like to see the survivors go back to one of the big cities (like Washington) and see how they fare there.

I am liking the post-prison storyline. It has opened up new room for characters to expand. I can't wait to see how the whole Lizzy storyline pans out.

• Advertisement

This week was far better. Kept up a good pace throughout the episode.

Anyone else here wished that glen had just got on the truck and we saw the story of the trip to Washington? Maybe picked up the rest of the gang before the headed off. I think having a story with a large goal near the end would be better than the random wandering they've been doing since season 2.

Although now we have a Sheldon cooper in the walking dead. Anyone else think that when they heard the line "I'm much smarter than you"? :)

I imagine they'll be getting back to the Washington storyline soon enough, if it was just going to be a fleeting mention in one episode I don't think they would have brought Eugene into the show.

Thought it was a good episode overall, hoping next week we see the groups reunite at this "Sanctuary" so we can move forward a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

They seem to be telling the story in past tense through the diary and showing in live action what had happened already.

maybe it's just me, and i haven't read the comics so yeah.. :D

I dont think daryl was in the comics. Im sure I read somewhere daryl was starting a new show set in space. If he's gonna go they should send him out with a bang. .. blowing a load of z's and getting caught up in it.

Yeah Daryll was a new character for the show, I can't see him being killed off just yet as he's a bit of a cult hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Daryl is AMC's cash cow they wont let him die, he is far too big an asset

Great episode, loved the tension with Rick in the house.
    I like where the story is heading now, but I get the impression that scientist wont survive for long.

yeah i got that impression too, also that he doesnt look anything like a guy who'd know about how all the sh1t hit the fan with everyone being infected "classified"

Right..

also, he was pretty hilarious with the full auto rifle

yeah i got that impression too, also that he doesnt look anything like a guy who'd know about how all the sh1t hit the fan with everyone being infected "classified"

Right..

also, he was pretty hilarious with the full auto rifle

I know right? Sure why can't he just say what he knows happens... He sort of walks like a robot..
    Ah he was feckin useless with the gun alright

Have to say I love the army guy(I'm terrible with names), his story about the truck and his face when Eugene said he was smarter than him was priceless

**I'm an idiot and mistook the purpose of the thread - post edited**

• Advertisement

I won't read that spoiler so :D
    Hate this waiting lark, I've even started a new "end of the world" style tv series :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

maximoose wrote: »
    I know this is a spoiler thread, I might just spoiler tag this anyway as from what the actors and writers have said
    it seems like they are going to follow the comic storyline for Eugene and possibly make a bigger deal of it in the show

ah fcuk off now, a spoiler about the current episode in case people haven't seen it but that spoiler fcuks up the whole series for me!!!

the spoilers, the spoilers
    :)

ah fcuk off now, a spoiler about the current episode in case people haven't seen it but that spoiler fcuks up the whole series for me!!!

They've deleted the content of their post, can you delete the quote of it please? Haven't read it yet and don't care too if it's that significant.

Edit: degrassinoel beat me by a minute!

i've gone ahead and spoilered it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

I usually look forward to episodes but I'm kind of skeptical about the next one like It seems like it's going to be so f*cking boring , like we know Daryl can't die like he twd fanbase is literally 50% daryl lovers , so the chances of anything mega big in the next episode is highly unlikely , we really need a episode like the mid season finale , I think just because they did the mid season finale they can slack until the end of the season

I swear to god, if that scientist guy dies before he spills the beans on the cause of the virus...... I don't know what I'll do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

MRledzepo wrote: »
    I usually look forward to episodes but I'm kind of skeptical about the next one like It seems like it's going to be so f*cking boring , like we know Daryl can't die like he twd fanbase is literally 50% daryl lovers , so the chances of anything mega big in the next episode is highly unlikely , we really need a episode like the mid season finale , I think just because they did the mid season finale they can slack until the end of the season

Can the same criticism not be levelled at all shows? Main characters in tv shows are rarely killed off mid season.

The episodes since the break haven't had much in the way of suspense but they have added to the back stories of some characters and introduced new characters.

Ye I agree with you like shimone or whatever and her child etc but it's been dragging so much

I swear to god, if that scientist guy dies before he spills the beans on the cause of the virus...... I don't know what I'll do

bet it's gonna be that he gets infected and just before he dies he tells everyone he was just saying that so he could hang out with hotpants girl and be protected by actionman army guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

yeah science guy seems like a bit of a spoofer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 Alcoholicia

bet it's gonna be that he gets infected and just before he dies he tells everyone he was just saying that so he could hang out with hotpants girl and be protected by actionman army guy.

Yep.

I rolled my eyes *so* hard at "It's classified."

Classified from whom, exactly? You're not leaking any private sensitive information to the ****ing enemies, you absolute rehab.

He's a total sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Paybel

Yep.

I rolled my eyes *so* hard at "It's classified."

Classified from whom, exactly? You're not leaking any private sensitive information to the ****ing enemies, you absolute rehab.

He's a total sham.

He could release it online! ha! :p

another crackin episode,

wont spoil it, but the character development was in full swing, and it just needed to come out like that imo.

tucking into episode 12 now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Paybel

another crackin episode,

wont spoil it, but the character development was in full swing, and it just needed to come out like that imo.

I'm recording it tonight at I'm in work at the mo! When I finish at 1am I'll watch it ;)

• Advertisement

very good episode, was expectng them to flit between different groups at any stage, and was glad that they kept it with just Daryl, he is by far the mst interesting character in the show, and last night wasa real insight into what drove him on.

7-4 on that he gets the leg over by the end of the series.

I actually thought he was gonna do her at some point!

I'm bettin he'll get some loving, but I think its a E/W bet in a 2 filly race:p

How old is she? I hope more than 18 before I write my next comment :D

she's in her late twenties i believe, so ye're safe there.. :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement