Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead Discussion (SPOILERS)

• 26-10-2013 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭

As the other thread has been turned upside down and inside out with spoilers and confusion. Please use this thread to discuss the latest going's on in The Walking Dead.

By continuing to read on in this thread and not having seen the most recent show, you are likely to have the series spoiled for yourself. Proceed at your own discretion.

NB: Posting any spoilers on episodes/seasons which have not aired anywhere yet, may result in a ban from this forum. (specifically character and plot spoilers)

Just being 100% clear on this. You can post about the latest episode (even if it's the US air date) without using spoiler tags.

Theories, speculation and conjecture are welcome, and encouraged.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Wow, the end, took me by surprise. Couldn't see Carol doing that. But thinking how she was teaching the kids about survival... it makes sense.

Rick and Ty's fight was rather bitter and poignant, feels like unleshing all the pressure they are on.

Zombie swarm! Fook I was on edge there. :eek: Also Michone seems to recover quite fast...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Herchells speech was class, and yeah, Carol.. seen it coming in the last episode but wasnt sure if it was her or the screwed up kid.

Hope Tyreese worked out his deathwish with that fete of inhuman zombiekilling lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

i really liked the way it showed that ty was alive, when the zombies came out i thought that was it

i wonder how the whole carol thing will play out, i cant see herscal, daryl rick glen or any of the others voting to kill her

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

This is on Mondays yes, I keep missing it and seeing it on Friday. Then green with envy when ye talking about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

that swarm was impressive! hopefully there is more story behind where there's such a large gathering there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

bushball wrote: »
    i really liked the way it showed that ty was alive, when the zombies came out i thought that was it

i wonder how the whole carol thing will play out, i cant see herscal, daryl rick glen or any of the others voting to kill her

Well why would they keep her?
    She disregarded the entire council system and acted on her own, furthermore she murdered two "infected" people....if Hershel/Daryl/Bob/Michonne/Tyreese do find medicine that returns these sick to full fitness it means Carol had zero reason at all to kill them. Plus Carol would also see no problem with killing Caleb, Glenn, Jeanette, Sasha or Hershel (he probably will get infected from a) being old b) Caleb coughed blood all over him c) he then chose to remove his mask so I guess Calebs blood might have infected him either way i'll be shocked if he avoids it......) or anyone else with symptoms.....how can they really trust her ever again?

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    Well why would they keep her?
    She disregarded the entire council system and acted on her own, furthermore she murdered two "infected" people....if Hershel/Daryl/Bob/Michonne/Tyreese do find medicine that returns these sick to full fitness it means Carol had zero reason at all to kill them. Plus Carol would also see no problem with killing Caleb, Glenn, Jeanette, Sasha or Hershel (he probably will get infected from a) being old b) Caleb coughed blood all over him c) he then chose to remove his mask so I guess Calebs blood might have infected him either way i'll be shocked if he avoids it......) or anyone else with symptoms.....how can they really trust her ever again?
    she did it when she thought it could be contained
    i cant see rick/daryl/glen or any of the others except ty lining up her up and shooting her in the back
    the way i see it, it will play out in 3 ways
    ty will kill her and get kicked out
    rick wont tell anyone
    carol will be forced to leave

she did it when she thought it could be contained
    i cant see rick/daryl/glen or any of the others except ty lining up her up and shooting her in the back
    the way i see it, it will play out in 3 ways
    ty will kill her and get kicked out
    rick wont tell anyone
    carol will be forced to leave
    What did Hershel tell Ty in that episode though? Remember?

TWD just got the green light for a fifth season :)

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    What did Hershel tell Ty in that episode though? Remember?
    naw sorry mate i cant really remember that, are you sure it was hershel?

• Advertisement

Did anybody pick up what they said on the radio?

Barna77 wrote: »
    Did anybody pick up what they said on the radio?

i'll have to watch it again on FX to hear it, but it totally reminded me of the broadcast in 28 days later.

i'll have to watch it again on FX to hear it, but it totally reminded me of the broadcast in 28 days later.
    Good point... Which reminds me of the Governor... Possible trap?

possibly, as his "trail went cold" according to Daryl - he could be anywhere, or dead. That hoard though, something has to be making them gather up like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

The hoard is in the comics as well. Think of them like a million strong herd of cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Was a tad ridiculous that Ty got away from them all though :pac:

Good episode. All I could make out on the radio was the word "alive", but now that it has been mentioned, it could actually have been the Governor's voice. I did see him in a photo yesterday confirming season 5, so maybe he'll be back....

Good episode. All I could make out on the radio was the word "alive", but now that it has been mentioned, it could actually have been the Governor's voice. I did see him in a photo yesterday confirming season 5, so maybe he'll be back....

His rage scene is a nod at the comics.

Comic spoiler below
    In the comic he has a daughter, when she dies he locks himself in the prison gym in what looks like a suicide attempt. When the gang goes to see whats happened they find him still alive covered in zombie brains after slaughtering 100? or so zombies with his hammer

Yeah, you wouldn't expect him to walk away and disappear from the series.

naw sorry mate i cant really remember that, are you sure it was hershel?

When Karen first showed symptoms and Tyreese was showing concern for her Hershel said "Not to worry, we're gunna figure this out".....The disease may not be fatal as Hershel knew so straight away he was going to try and think of a cure (along with Dr.S)....in the next episode we see Hershel send Bob, Daryl, Michonne (and Ty) to get medication while he eases the symptoms.....Carol had no reason to kill Karen and David....they were awaiting treatment and separate from the others.....Hershel just needed time and he said this infront of Carol....she completely ignored him...

let's not bash Carol just yet, we dont know why she did it, only that she admitted it. She could have been covering for the screwedupkid, and.. we still dont know who put the live rats out to feed the walkers. Both of those signs for me are pointing at the screwed up kid (kid being upset at nick the zombie being dead(er))and carol's recent loss of her daughter and a misguided mother's instinct to protect the young. Add to that, that Carol gave screwedupkid a knife the day before the murders too, her admission may be one of guilt for teaching the kid how to kill and seeing what she had done or catching her in the act rather her(carol) actually doing it, she may be covering up for the kid.

• Advertisement

never thought about that degrassinoel, i have to say i laughed when the guy asked her to look after them like theyre her own though

let's not bash Carol just yet, we dont know why she did it, only that she admitted it. She could have been covering for the screwedupkid, and.. we still dont know who put the live rats out to feed the walkers. Both of those signs for me are pointing at the screwed up kid (kid being upset at nick the zombie being dead(er))and carol's recent loss of her daughter and a misguided mother's instinct to protect the young. Add to that, that Carol gave screwedupkid a knife the day before the murders too, her admission may be one of guilt for teaching the kid how to kill and seeing what she had done or catching her in the act rather her(carol) actually doing it, she may be covering up for the kid.

I thought we found out it was the girl who was feeding the Walkers?

She has made friends with one of them giving it a name and drawing pictures of it and feeding it no ?

Also i was convinced we would find a half eaten rat in the water barrel Carol kicked over.

i seen the picture alright but i didnt see rats in it? i'll have to look again this friday :)

It's hard to discuss without referencing the comic, even though some of the characters arnt in the series you can still half predict what might happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Yeah, because that's the ridiculous part... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Point taken :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Friend was watching the episode with me, made a worrying point:

Lizzy (the screwed up kid) went into the quarantined cell block... with the knife Carol gave her. I didn't notice but he thought her cough was unconvincing too. Don't know if he's looking too much into it but an interesting observation all the same.

Does anyone know why Carol flipped and started tossing water barrels?

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Friend was watching the episode with me, made a worrying point:

Lizzy (the screwed up kid) went into the quarantined cell block... with the knife Carol gave her. I didn't notice but he thought her cough was unconvincing too. Don't know if he's looking too much into it but an interesting observation all the same.

Does anyone know why Carol flipped and started tossing water barrels?

I thought that too, Carol flipped the barrels out of frustration and guilt imo

Well, i was wrong, I'm gonna miss Carol :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 DavidHabsburg

I don't think this will be the end of Carol.

She is possibly my favourite character in the show now. TBH, I would rather be out in the open with her than stuck in the prison with the virus. I am sick of Rick!

Also, moment of silence for the two poor hippies that got it :(

Advertisement