Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do you know the date

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I mark our anniversary as the day he officially asked me to be his girlfriend-we'd known eachother about 6 months and been seeing eachother for about a month but I always remember that conversation (he text me asking, my battery went dead and I was in work so couldnt reply til I got home about 6 hours later at which point he had started freaking out!). I dont remember the exact date though, so we mark it as the 3rd saturday of September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I have a rough date in my mind, i.e. it was the first 2 weeks of a certain month. The only time I think of it is after the month has passed and I think "f*ck me, have we been together that long?". We're getting married soon so we'll have a wedding anniversary from now on which is pretty concrete :)

With my ex we kissed at a certain event so it was easy to remember the date and we used to celebrate our "anniversary". Certainly couldn't tell you what that date is anymore anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Well today is the day 14 years ago that he asked me out on a date which was 2 days later and then we promptly broke up for 3 weeks during which time he dated an ex friend of mine and then we got back and then broke up one more time in a huge way before we settled down and got married - we count these two days as the biggies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I'm with my bf a month yesterday, I didn't even think about it but he sent me a text wishing me a happy anniversary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

We met and he asked me out persistantly for a few weeks but I kept refusing. Then I eventually gave in and agreed to go on date which we arranged, we ended up having a chance meeting the night before the date and spent an enjoyable evening chatting and ended up having our first kiss that night.
    We generally count the night of the first kiss as our anniversary as we've been together ever since. I only remember it because I have a good memory (I can even remember what we were both wearing) :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Shivers26 wrote: »
    We met and he asked me out persistantly for a few weeks but I kept refusing. Then I eventually gave in and agreed to go on date which we arranged, we ended up having a chance meeting the night before the date and spent an enjoyable evening chatting and ended up having our first kiss that night.
    We generally count the night of the first kiss as our anniversary as we've been together ever since. I only remember it because I have a good memory (I can even remember what we were both wearing) :eek:
    I remember what my boyfriend and I were wearing when we first kissed too!
    but, to be fair, they were Dunnes Stores uniforms, as he was dropping me home after we both finished work. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Our anniversary is easy to remember.

Ended up on the beer with one of my friends last year and met who became the GF that night. The friend was on the Galway hurling panel and they lost earlier that day to Tipperary. If I ever forget the date I just need to do a quick Google - 25th of July 2010.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Ours is the first time we met in person. We met online and chatted and text back and fourth for a few weeks and then went for a meal for our first date on 22nd January 2011. Fingers crossed all goes well and we get to have our first anniversary in a couple of months :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

We met at a funeral:o

It was the 31st of December and bitterly cold, I was and still am kind of mortified that at I pulled at a funeral! :p Though obviously nothing happened until some time later.

But a pretty much unforgetable date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

1st year anniversary was yesterday....
    got a gorgeous present..of a diamond ring!!!!!!
    so happy!!!

Advertisement