Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

So Tomsula got the bullet. The problems run far far deeper than him but it's a start. Chryst should be next.
    Payton's name being mentioned, think I'd be happy enough with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Fell asleep last night as the Rams drove into FG territory in OT. Thought that was it. Checked this morning to see a W?! Blocked FG and drive back down straight away to put the old man in to win it. Nice!

Then the bullet for Jim. Hardly surprising. But Jeez, they wasted no time :eek:

Draft, hmmm. O Line needed for sure for sure but perhaps a higher premium on some real flank speed from the paddock, O&D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well sort these into order of preference if you will....

Sean Payton
    David Shaw
    Adam Gase
    Mike Holmgren
    Hue Jackson
    Mike Shanahan
    Chip Kelly
    (Other .. Specify)

My preferred order is as I've listed them, but wouldn't like to see us give up more than a 5th round pick for Payton if that is necessary, we need all the draft picks we can get.

To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing the back of Baalke as well, he is in last chance saloon at this stage.

Jed York Press conference was earlier...

The gist is, we had a bad season, made a mistake hiring Tomsula. No admittance that firing Harbaugh was a bad move.

Trent remains the GM and will be in charge of the hiring of the new coach. Only Tomsula has thus far been released. Hope they are not going to impose any coaches/coordinators on the new coach.

Mentioned Eddie Debratolo is acting as advisor to York. Mentioned that at length.

Also said that he will be less visible on social media etc.

No internal candidates are being considered for the HC role
    . Well thank f**k for that.
    At this time
    So we could still end up with Mangini or Sprano?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Sean Payton has to be the top of everyone's list. I don't think he'll want to go to San Fran. Much better options out there in terms of projects with potential to win soon - Eagles, Giants to think of just two.

I think Jackson might be a good fit. But lots of time to let the dust settle before jumping with a new coach.

I'm not sure about Payton being such a sure thing. He'd need a very strong DC, his defenses in NO the last few years have been pure muck.

You'd think he would sort out the offense but then he won't have a Drew Brees level QB so that is not guaranteed either. I mean I'd be happy to give him a shot but not at the price of a second round pick.

I'd love David Shaw but no sign of him leaving Stanford unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'm not sure about Payton being such a sure thing. He'd need a very strong DC, his defenses in NO the last few years have been pure muck.

You'd think he would sort out the offense but then he won't have a Drew Brees level QB so that is not guaranteed either. I mean I'd be happy to give him a shot but not at the price of a second round pick.

I'd love David Shaw but no sign of him leaving Stanford unfortunately.

That's true NO defence has been terrible the last few years. It's a tough one I think Payton is quality, also wherever he goes he may bring Brees with him. Just a thought that is in my head but I think it might happen

Odds from before and after the news that Sean Payton is staying with the saints....

Chip Kelly: 7/4 - previously 3/1
    Mike Shanahan: 9/2 before and after
    Hue Jackson: 9/2 - previously 5/1
    Anthony Lynn: 9/2 - previously 5/1
    Mike Holmgren: 9/1 - previously 7/1
    Adam Gase: 8/1 - previously 7/1
    Todd Haley: 12/1 - previously 10/1
    Kyle Shanahan: 12/1 before and after

Also from what I understand Kaepernick has now had 3 surgeries, thumb, Shoulder and knee. His salary is fully guaranteed for injury, so if he can't pass a medical by April 1st he is due $19m.

I'm wondering would all these surgeries be happening if his contract was not set up the way it is.

I'm also wondering why he/they waited until now to get this work done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Also from what I understand Kaepernick has now had 3 surgeries, thumb, Shoulder and knee. His salary is fully guaranteed for injury, so if he can't pass a medical by April 1st he is due $19m.

I'm wondering would all these surgeries be happening if his contract was not set up the way it is.

I'm also wondering why he/they waited until now to get this work done.

oh, iam sure he knows what he is doing, the whole situation has been bizarre to say the least from when he first went on injury reserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

So we went and hired Chip Kelly. At least he cant decimate our talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

Not sure what to think. Things can't get much worse so hopefully this is a new new beginning. I'd rather him than some of the alternatives that were being linked (Shanahan, coughlin) anyway. And who knows, maybe he'll get things going.

mickmc7 wrote: »
    Not sure what to think. Things can't get much worse so hopefully this is a new new beginning. I'd rather him than some of the alternatives that were being linked (Shanahan, coughlin) anyway. And who knows, maybe he'll get things going.

I'm friends with a lot of Eagles fans.. I think this works for the 49ers. Also I think this works for Kaep and I think that might be good for the club.

I'm fine with the appointment, it wouldn't have been my first choice but then the 49ers are not in a position to attract the top names just now.

Missed out on Payton, Jackson, Coughlin etc.

Having said that if we had to give up a high draft pick for Payton or give Jackson control over personnel maybe chip was the best candidate.

Better IMO than going with any of Coughlin, Shanahan or Holmgren. At least Chip is young and will bring some new ideas.

This is Baalke's last chance, if Chip doesn't work out next time GM and HC will be gone.

The pick of DC will be crucual, we need someone who really knows what they are doing and they should be left to run the defense without too much interference. I wouldn't be overly disappointed to see Mangini come back next year to be honest.

Not really that bothered who they bring in as OC, given that Chip will essentially be running the offense. Very interested to see what happens with Kaepernick, if they elect to bring him back (with a resturctured deal or not) it will open up the number 7 pick to go elsewhere.

Assuming Goff is taken by the Browns I think we should look elsewhere. ILB, WR, O-Line are all areas that need addressing. I think we pick up a QB in rounds 2-4. We also have a lot of cap space to play with in FA.

In other words if you want to be positive it's certainly possible to be at least a little positive right now.

It could also all blow up in our faces spectacularly. IF that happens at least we will have another high draft pick and a new GM to make the pick.

Finally, if you are panicking about the pick, take a read here, very good article from Ninersnation:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/1/8/10733232/49ers-head-coach-search-myth-busting-top-concerns-about-chip-kelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

Dont think Chip will deliver the holy grail, may distance use from the Harbough / Tomsulla **** that happened and if we can recover to a decent team then better options may appear.

At 5 / 11 under Tomsulla from 8 / 8 under Harbough I cant say I really think Tomsulla did a bad job per se considering the players that we lost. What annoyed me more was the play calling at times. 3rd and 34, what do we do? Throw a lateral and gain 3 yards. 40 yards out, lost 21 - 0 in the 4th quarter, punt the ball all while Tomsulla looks at the scoreboard with his Rabbit admiring the pretty lights face. Played it safe thinking that a losing season but not getting hammered season was going to save his job. He never expected or tried to actually win games, just avoid heavy loses.

Not just about the overall record, Tomsula just seemed way out of his depth. As you say he seemed more interested in not getting hammered than trying to win games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

Also, why bring in old free agents when the season was a bust? Better to give the likes of hayne a chance to learn by doing and then make a decision on his future. Kaep was all over the place, Blaine was the better option but I also think Kaep was being scapegoated. I dont like the guy but hes loyal to the team and if he was playing injured as claimed, its not really fair to **** him under the bus

Good article on the hire here from Bay Are Sports Guy:

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/49ers-hire-chip-kelly-qb-colin-kaepernick-or-blaine-gabbert-potential-trent-baalke-fireworks/

It will be interesting to see what would happen if it turns into another Ballke v Harbaugh situation. Tom Gamble is personnel director, and friends with Chip Kelly and is thought of as a possibility for the next GM.

Whatever happens the next few years wont be boring.

Anthony Davis tweeted his return date, then deleted the tweet, make of that what you will...

https://twitter.com/MutWolf_/status/688621882879299585?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Given the weekend that's in it, 27 years ago Joe Montana was busy leading the 49ers to a game winning drive, possibly his best remembered drive. John Candy et al.

So it looks like the coaching staff is coming together. There seems to be a lot of Celveland Browns experience on our coaching staff. This is not a good thing.

It seems Chip had difficulty in attracting top quality assitants. Possible related to how Chip wpuld essentially be running the offense and how the defense would be asked to be on the field for so much of every game.

We had a Texans position coach turn down the DC job, then Mangini fired, then Tarver passed over and then the Browns DC O'Neil hired. Browns defense was horrible last year, really bad. I'd have preferred the continuity of Mangini or the potential of Tarver over this to be honest.

Here is the opinion of a Browns blogger:

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/1/26/10837232/49ers-make-big-mistake-in-hiring-jim-oneil-as-defensive-coordinator?_ga=1.47575392.657432763.1355850589

Doesn't bode well really.

We can hope that things work out but I could see the defense being bad next season.

So it looks like the coaching staff is coming together. There seems to be a lot of Celveland Browns experience on our coaching staff. This is not a good thing.

It seems Chip had difficulty in attracting top quality assitants. Possible related to how Chip wpuld essentially be running the offense and how the defense would be asked to be on the field for so much of every game.

We had a Texans position coach turn down the DC job, then Mangini fired, then Tarver passed over and then the Browns DC O'Neil hired. Browns defense was horrible last year, really bad. I'd have preferred the continuity of Mangini or the potential of Tarver over this to be honest.

Here is the opinion of a Browns blogger:

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/1/26/10837232/49ers-make-big-mistake-in-hiring-jim-oneil-as-defensive-coordinator?_ga=1.47575392.657432763.1355850589

Doesn't bode well really.

We can hope that things work out but I could see the defense being bad next season.

Good documentary on sky sports 3 right now, "A Tale of 2 Cities" about the Dallas / SF rivalry dating back to the early 80's. Some great interviews and great old footage.

Great footage, great memories...or at least from the mid 80s on when players like Rice and Montana became known on this side of the water...but the narration by Jeremy Renner and Sam Elliott is a bit lame.

I thought the footage of Walsh was class, the bit where he is going on about the cowboys always having an excuse when they lose was very funny.

Could have done without Montana karaoke too. Good overall though.

Big push for Eddie to get into the Hal of Fame this year...

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2016/02/02/eddie-debartolo-jr/

• Advertisement

This is pretty great. One of the 49ers bloggers had an interview with Ronnie Lott. His first question was to ask how close or far he thought the 49ers were from being back in contention, and what might be needed to return to contention.

His answer went for 16 minutes, and is posted below. Warning, he says excellence a lot. Over 60 times in fact.
    Well first of all, the thing that you've gotta remember, and the thing that I've always felt like, is you're only playing for that. So, you're not playing for second place, you're not playing for third place, you're not playing for anything other than first place. And first place is winning it all. Every year you're either in or you're out. And, when you're out, there's always things to address.

And I think one of the things, when you look at this, is that they have to address a lot of issues. And the reason they have to address a lot of issues is that it's not just about just trying to fix a couple of things. So, when you're trying to get in, first thing you've got to think about, no matter if you win it all, or if you don't win it all, is that you have to start with the idea that this is the first day. This is the first day of a new opportunity. And you have to build a foundation of what that new opportunity's gonna be.

When you win it all, or when you're close to it, you still have to build that foundation. And one of the challenging things for the Niners is that this year, starting after the Super Bowl, is gonna be the first day of Chip Kelly's tenure as the head coach. They still have things they have to fix internally in their organization. They have to be united, they have to make sure they're all speaking the same language. I don't believe that they're speaking the same language. I don't believe that Trent Baalke is speaking the same language. So, they gotta get all of that to a point where, you know they've got Tom Gamble now. They got a lot of things that they have to get together on the same page.

So that's one. Bill Walsh was excellent at making sure that day one starting the new year, that excellence was going to be required from everybody. A lot of people felt like they thought they knew exactly what excellence was, but he would teach them what it was. Right now, there's no one in that organization that can teach excellence, that I know of. So, Trent can't teach excellence, Chip can teach excellence around a certain subject of offense. Not all offenses, but certain subjects of offense. Bill Walsh could teach excellence on all offenses. I want to just clarify that. Chip can teach excellence around a certain way of offense, not all offenses.

So, they gotta get that done. If they can get the excellence of understanding amongst all of them, that excellence matters, that's a very integral part to what they have to do. If they can get that captured in the first month or two, then the question is, is the excellence gonna translate to finding players that fit the style of what they want to be. I don't know what they want to be, because I'm not there, because I'm not around it. I don't know what they want to be, but again, Bill Walsh had certain things he wanted to be every year. Because it's a new coach, because it's a new system, and because you've got things that are all new, we are all going to be trying to figure out what is the new way of what they want to do. So they have to establish that very quickly. It's very difficult to establish quickly, but they need to do that.

And then, after they do that, they have to draft people accordingly to what that is. And what is drafting people to what that is, that might not be Carlos Hyde. And the reason is, that might be someone else. My point is, I don't know, but they have to draft to what are the needs for excellence. Bill was great at drafting to the needs of excellence. Roger Craig wasn't a typical guy when they found him, but he wasn't what everybody thought. But Bill saw something in his abilities. So they need to draft to the excellence of the needs of the teams.

And then the last thing, after they draft, then they have to form excellence amongst each other. And forming excellence amongst each other means that everybody has to have excellence on their mind. Eric Reid's gonna have excellence on his mind, but are the corners that he's going to be playing with, are they going to have excellence on their minds? Are they capable of having excellence on their minds? All of those things lead to everyone has excellence. And that requires a lot of a lot of guys.

And usually, usually, I believe that when you require excellence out of everybody, most people are afraid of excellence. And the reason they are afraid of excellence is because nobody has ever demanded it from them every day. The guys who know what that's like, that's why Belichick teams are made up of people who you don't think know excellence. But they love excellence. That's why sometimes the players he gets, it's not about the best athlete, it's about the guy who really wants excellence in his life every day.

So, that's why a guy like Tom Holmoe, he wanted excellence every day, so we drafted him instead of maybe another guy who wasn't the kind of guy who had, not maybe the right characteristics. You gotta want excellence every day.

And then once you get that in place, then you start learning how to play with excellence on the field. Now when you play with that kind of excellence, now they're going to have moments where there's excellence, and there's moments where they look like they've never played football, but eventually you have to build excellence every day.

And if you draft right, you can get lucky and draft Jerry Rice, who loves excellence all the time. Or you can get lucky and draft a guy that is like Guy McIntyre, who can show that, "I can be great guard, and I can do a lot of different things on the football field to create excellence." So, you have to have guys who want excellence. I don't know if they have a lot of guys who want excellence on the field. I know they have talent, but clearly, when they had Tomsula as a head coach, and this I was fascinated with the situation. If Tomsula was such a great coach, and everybody said that he was, Justin Smith wanted excellence, but did the other guys on the defensive line want excellence? If they did, they wouldn't have allowed themselves to let Tomsula down. But they did.

So now you look at the situation, he never demanded excellence from them. He's a good guy, we all like him, everybody likes him. We can all refer to him as a good guy, but I had a lot of coaches like that. You know, they were good coaches, but that guy's not better than Bill McPherson. Bill McPherson would make sure you have excellence on your mind. And if you didn't have excellence on your mind, you'd be gone. There were a couple players on the team that should have been gone, and were distractions and hurt the team. And hurt the locker room.

So, all of a sudden you want to elevate him to this position, and here we are now coming back to this word of excellence. And now, I'm going to talk about it in a way where, it's going to be hard, I believe, it's going to be hard for where they're at, is that Chip's got to diffuse about what people have heard about how he didn't handle the locker room. That's hard to overcome. If you have a teacher in a classroom, and people say that teacher is hard, a lot of people try to avoid that teacher. When people think that person is unfair, a lot of people try to avoid that person. So he's going to need to defuse all of that before he can talk about excellence. Because you can't talk about excellence and people think you're not excellent. So, he's got to defuse that. If he can get over that, and defuse that, and build a culture of people believing in him, then you can go to excellence.

But right now, one of my friends and my sources and my people tell me that all the Oregon players are not saying anything. They're not coming out and saying, "Chip Kelly knows how to build excellence in the locker room." I haven't heard it, and I haven't read it from any of the players. Mariota, did he come out and say Chip Kelly, he knows excellence, and he can build a culture.

So, you wait for those type of endorsements. You'll hear it about Bill, you'll hear it about Shanahan, you'll hear it about Holmgren, you'll hear it about these guys. These guys have learned how to build culture and excellence.

So now we move on to this next point, and the point I'm making is the last point. And that is, in this situation, where they're at. They have to fundamentally understand, it's at the bottom. Does that mean they can get to the top? You're dang right. If you look at my rookie year, if we were having this conversation, there would have been a lot of people saying, there's no way that they can have excellence the next year. It's improbable. There's just no way they can have excellence, let alone beat the Cowboys? No, no way. But it takes people who want excellence. Eric Wright wanted excellence. Carlton Williamson wanted excellence. Dwayne Board wanted excellence. Fred Dean demanded excellence. Hacksaw Reynolds came in and made us all make sure that we had excellence every day!

So, all of a sudden, just because you get Fred Dean, Hacksaw Reynolds, Charlie Young, Dwight Hicks, and you then transform it into an organization of excellence. And to me, what I just said about those guys, I don't know if any of the guys measure up to the excellence that those guys displayed. So, how do you get there? To me, I just named off a lot of ways you get there, and to me, they can get there. Chip Kelly can get there. All of it's possible, the question is, it takes a lot of sacrifice to actually get to the point where you can just smell victory.

Seattle, Arizona, and the Rams, when I think of those three teams, the teams that we compete against, when I think of them, every day, and I say this all the time, I have to have people across the field that feel like we can get them. We can get the coaching, we can beat them administratively, we can beat the ownership, we can beat everything. Eddie DeBartolo, I hope he makes the Hall of Fame, but he never thought that he couldn't beat the owners. Bill Walsh, the general manager never thought he couldn't beat, John McVay, never thought they couldn't win. You think Baalke, you think he can compete against [his counterpart] up in Seattle? That's who you're competing against. My job is to get up every day and beat him. That's my job. It's not about scouting. My job is to go up and beat him in every facet.

So for me, when I think what we're talking about right now, that's what I want, is excellence. And I want excellence to compete against the various people that I'm going against. It's very simple. And, every day, you wake up with that in mind. I'm waking up every day, if I was in the building, I'm waking up every day thinking, I'm gonna beat them. I'm gonna beat ‘em, and beat ‘em in every aspect. I'm gonna beat ‘em in revenue, I'm gonna beat ‘em in everything.

So, for me, that competition starts the day after the Super Bowl. We're all even, everybody's equal. The fascinating thing to me is that our record is what it is, and some teams are thinking, I'm going to get better no matter what. In our division, I know this, in our division, what frightens me is that right now, every day, those guys are hungry for another. That's what keeps me up late at night, if you had me as a general manager. That would be something that my hands would start sweating, because that's what the Niner nation expects. That's what I expected. That's what was in my hands every year that I played for the 49ers. It was an expectation of excellence, and if you didn't have it, then fricking go home. Fricking go home. That's why we won. So let's get back to that kind of conversation, let's get the coaches, let's get the administrative people understanding that.

On February 8, this is about one thing only, let's start kicking ass every day.

Not sure how interested most on here are in the technical side of football, like the x's and o's, how the different plays are drawn up and what the roles of the different players are.

If you are interested in this sort of thing I highly recommend reading David Neumann's film breakdown over on Niners Nation. He uses the coaches film and does a really good job of explaining various plays in a game.

During the season he focuses on the game just played, but right now he is going through how Chip Kelly runs his offense and the schemes that he uses.

So far he has detailed posts about the inside run game, the outside run game, and 4 posts about different passing game concepts. I think they are worth a look with the aim of increasing your understanding of the game in general and the Chip Kelly offense in particular.

http://www.ninersnation.com/49ers-film-breakdown

Recent 49ers News:

New Deal for TE Garett Celek. Decent move, he's not the next coming of Gronk or anything but does a good job blocking a pass catching. Still need another TE though.

New Deal for Quinton Dial. Good move, pretty solid defensive line starter. One of the better draft picks of the last few years.

Trent says Kaepernick will "absolutely" be on the roster come April 1st (When his salary becomes guaranteed). Well he would say that though wouldn't he.

Remember what @NFLdraftscout says. Annual reminder: What a GM or head coach says in Indy does not matter. Jeff Fisher called Sam Bradford his QB last year here.

Other than that, 49ers have met with Notre Dame Tackle Ronnie Stanley. I guess we can file that under doing their due diligence.

For a next move I'd like to see them give Ian Williams a new contract rather than letting him hit Free Agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

He did say he'd be back after getting healthy..so hopefully that's the case!

Can't see QB7 playing in SF anymore. Too many rumours & reports he wants out. Baalke interview at the combine looked like he was building him up to get interest to offload him. No way they'll pay Kap 11/12 million to sit on the bench & back up Gabbert.
    Fun times in the Bay Area!

• Advertisement

Yeah, hard to see him staying around at this stage. Hopefully they can get something for him. They got 2 second rounders for Smith, unlikely to get that sort of value but if more than one team is interested we might get something of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

you wont get more than a 4th for kaep - if even!

You'd be surprised, you could be right given his contract status, but QB's are way over valued on the trade market, all it takes is two teams who are interested to drive up the price.

I think the most likely scenario is he gets released and seeks a job on the open market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'm going to be in San Fran for the first game of the season so plan on taking in the Monday night game.
    I know it's a bit of a trek to Levi Stadium so will need to give myself a few hours to get down there. Anyone got any tips or trip reports (I had a quick search but couldn't find any, might have missed them!)?

It was Candlestick when I was lat there so not sure what help I can offer. I did go to a game in Stanford also which involvled getting a Caltrain down to Palo Alto, but I'm not sure what the public transport options are for Santa Clara. I don't think they are great to be honest, maybe a train and then a bus or something like that.

The usual advice would be to get there early and indulge in some of the pre game drinking in the car park, it was great craic in canldestick though not sure how that has transferred over.

Stuff inside the stadium is supposed to be very expensive, even by NFL standards. There have been issues recently with the stadium getting so hot that people can't stay in their seats due to the sun, but for the MNF game you should be ok.

Any questions just ask, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

I was at Levis last season for the game vs. Falcons...Gabbert's first, Kap's last time on the field (2 plays!)...and we won! I'm 4-0 watching the niners!!

Stadium is awesome, views are fantastic, and great atmosphere. I got tickets on TicketExchange for $110 each, 10 rows from the endzone...best seats ever at a football game....section 129 Row 10! As said there's an issue with sunshine, but it rained for our game, and yours is MNF! There's tickets on TicketExchange for that section for $140 for the Rams game!

Food as per all NFL stadiums, except the new Falcons when its ready, is expensive & just ok! And only beer you'll get is Bud Light! I wanted to go to the museum but didn't have time unfortunately.

Getting there is easy...trains all the way! We were staying near the airport so had to get the Caltrain to Mountain View station. Then you change to VTA dart style train. If you're in the city, its much the same, but the Caltrain might be different. Train all in ticket cost like $16 return...cheap, but it takes a while...almost hour & half from near SFO, so longer from the city. The walk from the VTA to stadium is 5 mins, everybody is going the same way! Great atmosphere on the train too...might be different for MNF, but our game was normal 1pm, so everybody was watching games like on their phones!
    Let me know if you've any other questions! We're in SF two weeks later & was really hoping there'd be a home game but unfortunately they're in Seattle & I can't change my plans!

• Advertisement

Looks like Ian Williams is out for the year and Anthony Davis is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

I'm getting the feeling that Bam Davis is more talk than action these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I watched Mr D get his gold jacket earlier and I don't know what 49ers fans felt. Myself personally I felt it was an honour well deserved. He's in as a contributor as my god did he contribute to the nfl. He turned the niners from a meh franchise to a dynasty. He also changed the way players were treated and it showed on the field.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I watched Mr D get his gold jacket earlier and I don't know what 49ers fans felt. Myself personally I felt it was an honour well deserved. He's in as a contributor as my god did he contribute to the nfl. He turned the niners from a meh franchise to a dynasty. He also changed the way players were treated and it showed on the field.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to his speech. If it wasn't for non-football matters he'd have been in earlier.

If it had happened years ago he said that he would have had Bill Walsh introduce him, now that would have been something worth watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah, I'm looking forward to his speech. If it wasn't for non-football matters he'd have been in earlier.

If it had happened years ago he said that he would have had Bill Walsh introduce him, now that would have been something worth watching.

Yeah he mean he said himself it was a stupid thing to have done. I take it you've watched his a football life ? I made me want him in the hall even more. I'm sure bill will be mentioned warmly in his speech.

I do wonder how the fortunes of the franchise you follow Adrian would be different now if he and not jed York was in charge ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement