Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭OU812

You said it Doc. Big roar from me (just as junior was going off). How do you think they'll fare next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

That was tense.

374392.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

If they play like that, Carolina will kill them.

D was good, offense nothing all day.

Hope the weather was the reason behind today's performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Rumours of issues between him and some of the management. Could have seen the end of Lynch in Seahawks uniform.
    Rawls has already seen to that. No chance they'll keep Lynch next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Watched the game late and did more shouting than planned! (and cursing, my wife says). On to next week, I think we can build on this. Defence was superb; offense did what it had to; Wilson miraculous but he does it so often.

Now I know how a Patriots fan feels ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

All I can think of is this...

ae3cebea5f37a8625f6f640468d40d02.jpg

Forecast for next weekend is around 9 degrees Celsius, so about 30 degrees warmer than yesterdays game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Vikings fan here.

Fair play lads. You guys have a chance of going on and winning the whole thing with a defence like that.

Thanks D9Male, as I said on the Vikings thread I really thought ye had it. Bar AP getting the ball stripped by Chancellor ye gave us no opportunities all game. Got a good team up there and should be confident of getting back to the post season next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

What I'd do for a Packers - Seahawks NFC Game.....

Still going with my call before the games at the weekends, Hawks and Cheifs SB this year!

• Advertisement

Like either of those teams I could see winning again this weekend.

But two wildcard teams making the SB, has that happened before?

Like either of those teams I could see winning again this weekend.

But two wildcard teams making the SB, has that happened before?

Can't think of a time where it has, but can see it happening this year.

I think the game next week in Carolina will be looked at like the NFC game. If we manage to beat them, we'll be favourites for the NFC, same goes for the AFC with the Chiefs and Pats, whoever wins that will be favourite for the AFC. Only worrying thing about the Chiefs is that Maclin is more than likely out.

Hope everyones ready for a whirlwind week with "Lynch, will he or won't he play" :pac:

If Lynch doesn't play next weekend I think he's done in Seattle.

Hopefully Rams away first up again this year, be nice to welcome LA back to the NFL with an overdue beating of the Rams.

I'm torn lads.... Been following the Hawks for four years now. Love the team & I'm blue all the way... but LA is the spiritual home, family & friends there (who also support the hawks)...

My head's telling me Seattle, but my heart is telling me L.A.

It's the age old question... Can a man truly love two teams ?

Nope :p

OU812 wrote: »
    I'm torn lads.... Been following the Hawks for four years now. Love the team & I'm blue all the way... but LA is the spiritual home, family & friends there (who also support the hawks)...

The real question for you seems to be "Wilson or Gurley" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,945 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

OU812 wrote: »

You'll find out which way the wind blows for you when they meet. It might take up until a team gets deep in the other teams territory or just happen when a slightly contentious flag is thrown but you'll definitely know during that game.

Cjs21 wrote: »

Saw it this morning on the way to work. Cuts to one of the Vikings players on the sideline smiling saying "Its over".

Baldwin turns to Lockett saying "about twenty seconds left, he might miss".

• Advertisement

"You lead us through darkness, we will follow you" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

That's brilliant

Just been reading two mock drafts for next year and both have us picking a CB in the first round, NFL also suggests thats where we should go first.

Thought the o-line would be the first port of call next year.

Just been reading two mock drafts for next year and both have us picking a CB in the first round, NFL also suggests thats where we should go first.

Thought the o-line would be the first port of call next year.

I'm with you on this one, but usually all good corners will be gone before all great OL players in the draft.

Looks like theres a few OT leaving college early to get into the NFL, can't really blame them when you look at the OL for us, Packers, Broncos and Pats in particular.

Usually the top 2/3 OT will go in the first round.

Lynch has declared himself ready for the game (according to espn)

I'll believe it when I see number 24 on the field

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Best of luck today lads. I'm going for a Carolina win obviously but hopefully we get an absolute cracker of a game.

Thank you. Be hard to top last night.

• Advertisement

Not looking good at all 😳

Not looking good at all 😳

Looking slightly better.....

Bit respectable now

I went from dispondent to hopeful to finally angry there. A fantastic comeback but why did we start so poorly???
    Pride restored at least. I think Lynch is busted for next year but reason for hope.

Nearly another vintage Seattle comeback.
    A long 8 months of waiting now.
    An interesting season.

So Guys, the dream is over. I thought we might have made it to overtime last night & then qualified. If they'd started a quarter earlier I reckon we would have won. They seemed to rely on Carroll's "Can we win in a fourth quarter? (Hell Yeah)" speech.

Who do we think it'll be & who are we rooting for in the SB?

• Advertisement

Despite the disappointment (if we'd turned up at the start, we could have had them), I'd still like the Panthers to win the SB. They're a damn good team and I quite like Newton, for now anyway...

I think the game last night was this season in a nut shell.

Slow start, fast finish but in the end leaving too much to do. Though you cannot say this team ever gives up.

This year was the year the offense became Russell Wilsons offense. Himself and the WRs stepped up and moved away from heavily relying on the running game. Need to tighten up the OL for next season.

Moving onto next season, confident of another good run.

Panthers played the Seahawks D, forced them into zone coverage and got people wide open way to often.

Didn't seem Kam or Thomas make any sort of play, Sherman had one.

I have to say though, there is actually 1 player that caused most of the problems we had last night, and thats Patrick Lewis at C, he had the worst game I've seen anyone play this year, Seahawk or not.

Great to see another Fake Punt at 4 & 2 converted though.

Back next year with a better O Line hopefully!

Dont remember Thomas, I remember Kam made the tackle that got measured for a first down which Pete went mental over. Sherman had a good block at one point.

Centre has been an issue this year, gone through 2 or 3 of them. Makes you wonder about the decision to trade Unger, our pro bowl centre for Graham considering Willson does the same job at TE thats required in the Seattle O.

Dont remember Thomas, I remember Kam made the tackle that got measured for a first down which Pete went mental over. Sherman had a good block at one point.

Centre has been an issue this year, gone through 2 or 3 of them. Makes you wonder about the decision to trade Unger, our pro bowl centre for Graham considering Willson does the same job at TE thats required in the Seattle O.

Yeah, that was the tackle on Olsen, but still got 1st down as you say.

Yeah, that Graham trade put us as SB favourites before the season, ended up killing our season.

Let's be honest, Wilson played his best season so far, he surpassed the last 2 years bit a mile, if he keeps going the way he's going then we are looking at a future hall of famer.

Let's just hope Rawls steps up and is consistent enough, because it's clear that Lynch is gone from that team, if not the sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

First full year following the Seahawks, had been following them without watching all the regular season games for a few years before hand but got a season pass this year and watched all the games along with following this thread.

Been a pleasure to watch Wilson the last few weeks but the lack of a consistent running back since Rawls injury seems to have hurt us. Hopefully get him back and strengthen the O line over the summer. Lynch will be no loss and getting rid of him would mean more wiggle room to give Kam and the rest of the LOB better deals. Lots of reasons for optimism going into next season I think, hard to see us out of the playoff picture next year.

8mgbYVd

I'd love to buy one for the missus, but I suspect it'd be met with "Why didn't you get me one I'd like"...

I'd love to get one for the missus, but I suspect it'd be met with "why didn't you get me one I'd like?"...

8mgbYVd.png

Picture invalid, I assume its gear from the Seahawk or Nike store.
    Next week last year got some great bargains and stocked up. Looking out for them again from Monday.

Next week last year got some great bargains and stocked up. Looking out for them again from Monday.

From Nike? I was really interested in the green hoodies they had for veterans week (or something), except they were a bit too militaristic.

Strange. It's showing up for me.

http://i.imgur.com/8mgbYVd.png

From Nike? I was really interested in the green hoodies they had for veterans week (or something), except they were a bit too militaristic.

Yeah I got two jerseys for $38 each (normally around $100 each) and a few other pieces. There was a code advertised on the thread "Where do I buy an NFL jersey" on here also which I used.

e492f3f0-ce11-11e5-b62f-151819c1803c_Screen-Shot-2016-02-07-at-9-53-53-PM.png

So long beast mode! Your earthquake runs will never be forgotten!

Time for Mr. Rawls to step up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement