Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Not looking good at all 😳

Looking slightly better.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Bit respectable now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I went from dispondent to hopeful to finally angry there. A fantastic comeback but why did we start so poorly???
    Pride restored at least. I think Lynch is busted for next year but reason for hope.

Nearly another vintage Seattle comeback.
    A long 8 months of waiting now.
    An interesting season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

So Guys, the dream is over. I thought we might have made it to overtime last night & then qualified. If they'd started a quarter earlier I reckon we would have won. They seemed to rely on Carroll's "Can we win in a fourth quarter? (Hell Yeah)" speech.

Who do we think it'll be & who are we rooting for in the SB?

• Advertisement

Despite the disappointment (if we'd turned up at the start, we could have had them), I'd still like the Panthers to win the SB. They're a damn good team and I quite like Newton, for now anyway...

I think the game last night was this season in a nut shell.

Slow start, fast finish but in the end leaving too much to do. Though you cannot say this team ever gives up.

This year was the year the offense became Russell Wilsons offense. Himself and the WRs stepped up and moved away from heavily relying on the running game. Need to tighten up the OL for next season.

Moving onto next season, confident of another good run.

Panthers played the Seahawks D, forced them into zone coverage and got people wide open way to often.

Didn't seem Kam or Thomas make any sort of play, Sherman had one.

I have to say though, there is actually 1 player that caused most of the problems we had last night, and thats Patrick Lewis at C, he had the worst game I've seen anyone play this year, Seahawk or not.

Great to see another Fake Punt at 4 & 2 converted though.

Back next year with a better O Line hopefully!

Dont remember Thomas, I remember Kam made the tackle that got measured for a first down which Pete went mental over. Sherman had a good block at one point.

Centre has been an issue this year, gone through 2 or 3 of them. Makes you wonder about the decision to trade Unger, our pro bowl centre for Graham considering Willson does the same job at TE thats required in the Seattle O.

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Dont remember Thomas, I remember Kam made the tackle that got measured for a first down which Pete went mental over. Sherman had a good block at one point.

Centre has been an issue this year, gone through 2 or 3 of them. Makes you wonder about the decision to trade Unger, our pro bowl centre for Graham considering Willson does the same job at TE thats required in the Seattle O.

Yeah, that was the tackle on Olsen, but still got 1st down as you say.

Yeah, that Graham trade put us as SB favourites before the season, ended up killing our season.

Let's be honest, Wilson played his best season so far, he surpassed the last 2 years bit a mile, if he keeps going the way he's going then we are looking at a future hall of famer.

Let's just hope Rawls steps up and is consistent enough, because it's clear that Lynch is gone from that team, if not the sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

First full year following the Seahawks, had been following them without watching all the regular season games for a few years before hand but got a season pass this year and watched all the games along with following this thread.

Been a pleasure to watch Wilson the last few weeks but the lack of a consistent running back since Rawls injury seems to have hurt us. Hopefully get him back and strengthen the O line over the summer. Lynch will be no loss and getting rid of him would mean more wiggle room to give Kam and the rest of the LOB better deals. Lots of reasons for optimism going into next season I think, hard to see us out of the playoff picture next year.

8mgbYVd

I'd love to buy one for the missus, but I suspect it'd be met with "Why didn't you get me one I'd like"...

I'd love to get one for the missus, but I suspect it'd be met with "why didn't you get me one I'd like?"...

8mgbYVd.png

Picture invalid, I assume its gear from the Seahawk or Nike store.
    Next week last year got some great bargains and stocked up. Looking out for them again from Monday.

Next week last year got some great bargains and stocked up. Looking out for them again from Monday.

From Nike? I was really interested in the green hoodies they had for veterans week (or something), except they were a bit too militaristic.

Strange. It's showing up for me.

http://i.imgur.com/8mgbYVd.png

From Nike? I was really interested in the green hoodies they had for veterans week (or something), except they were a bit too militaristic.

Yeah I got two jerseys for $38 each (normally around $100 each) and a few other pieces. There was a code advertised on the thread "Where do I buy an NFL jersey" on here also which I used.

e492f3f0-ce11-11e5-b62f-151819c1803c_Screen-Shot-2016-02-07-at-9-53-53-PM.png

So long beast mode! Your earthquake runs will never be forgotten!

Time for Mr. Rawls to step up.

• Advertisement

May God keep Mr Rawls fit for the whole season!

Interesting to see where Lynchs cap space now goes.

He was to be the third biggest cap number next season.

And if the Seahawks go back to him looking for some of his signing bonus back.

BUMP!

So onto next season.

NFL fixtures are out this evening. Hoping to go over to Seahawks @ Patriots this season, have a few new connections in Boston so hoping the fixture is early in the schedule, not December.

Also re. our division, the Rams just traded up for the no.1 pick in this years draft.

So our 2016 regular season schedule is:

1 September 11 1:05 p.m. PDT Miami Dolphins
    2 September 18 1:05 p.m. PDT at Los Angeles Rams
    3 September 25 1:05 p.m. PDT San Francisco 49ers
    4 October 2 10:00 a.m. PDT at New York Jets
    5 Bye
    6 October 16 1:25 p.m. PDT Atlanta Falcons
    7 October 23 5:30 p.m. PDT at Arizona Cardinals
    8 October 30 10:00 a.m. PDT at New Orleans Saints
    9 November 7 5:30 p.m. PST Buffalo Bills
    10 November 13 5:30 p.m. PST at New England Patriots
    11 November 20 1:25 p.m. PST Philadelphia Eagles
    12 November 27 1:05 p.m. PST at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    13 December 4 5:30 p.m. PST Carolina Panthers
    14 December 11 1:25 p.m. PST at Green Bay Packers
    15 December 15 5:25 p.m. PST Los Angeles Rams
    16 December 24 1:25 p.m. PST Arizona Cardinals
    17 January 1 1:25 p.m. PST at San Francisco 49ers

Few points I see:

1. We get the Rams in their first game back in L.A - with them probably getting up to speed with their new QB. We're due a win against our bogey team.
    2. Got a kinder opening few fixtures than the last few years. Cant afford a slow start again this year.
    3. Bye week is too early for my liking - 12 weeks in a row and then hopefully the playoffs is a tough stretch.
    4. Last year we had blocks of away games and then blocks of home games - far more balanced this year.
    5. 9/16 of our 16 games are at 9.05pm or 9.25pm our time, 2/16 are at 6pm and 5 at the awful 1.30am slot so most games are at watchable times this season. (obviously schedule can change)

Also just noticed we go to Green Bay in mid December - never ideal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Browner back to the hawks

The original 4 of the LOB are back together.

Think the predictions of us drafting a CB in the first round are wide of the mark.

BUMP!

So onto next season.

NFL fixtures are out this evening. Hoping to go over to Seahawks @ Patriots this season, have a few new connections in Boston so hoping the fixture is early in the schedule, not December.

Also re. our division, the Rams just traded up for the no.1 pick in this years draft.

Cool! Should be quite the game.

Your optimism notwithstanding, it still looks a pretty tough schedule. But that probably reflects the division and conference as much as anything. I'd like to see the offensive line strenghtened most.

You cant beat some pre season optimism, which will probably be eroded watching the o-line crumble and Wilson running for his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

I think the schedule is OK actually, first 3 are all games we should be winning. Need to get up and running early this year

• Advertisement

That was my thinking, schedule gets tougher as it goes on but the Seahawks problem the last two years is slow starting. Could go 4-0 to the bye week and set up the second half of the season nicely.

Advertisement