Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston College v Georgia Tech @ Aviva Stadium 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I'm talking about in the US. They're not selling well there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

To be fair, the prices of some of the packages are extortionate so I'm not surprised the Americans aren't lining up to come over. Even with the weak dollar, there's some serious ripping off going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,171 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Same rough prices as the last two (same company)

They're not aimed at ordinary joe soaps, they're for wealthy alumni

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I got my 2 in south upper right in middle front row via Leinster rugby season ticket holder pre-sale a couple of weeks back.

Cost €101.30 for the 2 including ticketshiesters service charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sportzstar

Not yet. There's been a presale alright but not a general sale.

Any idea when they are going on general sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ODDSPEED

Dodge wrote: »
    Croke Park didn't sell out but they announced a crowd of over 55,000 at it which would be a sell out in the Aviva

I bought tickets on the day (missed first quarter)

A friend and i were there that day and it did not feel like there was 55,000 there, we put the attendance at about 40,000.

ODDSPEED wrote: »
    A friend and i were there that day and it did not feel like there was 55,000 there, we put the attendance at about 40,000.

It was way over half full. I was there too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

It was way over half full. I was there too

It's because they have every section open (minus the Hill), and they were all dotted with rows of empty seats. If they did what the Gaa do and packed the lower tiers, with only Upper Cusack open (as the TV camera face that way) it would have felt substantially fuller and would probably have been a better atmosphere.

All upper tiers were open that day. I was upper Davin myself

The other issue is price. I bought a family ticket for €50 on the day for that game. €50 is about the cheapest individual ticket at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

All upper tiers were open that day. I was upper Davin myself

Yeah, I was in the upper Hogan. They opened the whole stadium except the hill. I remember my brother had bought Hill tickets, in fact, and late on they decided to move those people into the stands because of low ticket sales. Croke Park is too big for an occasion like that involving two teams most Irish people have never heard of, and one of whom doesn't have a very big alumni base to sell to.

Hopefully this sells out.

• Advertisement

Yes, Croke Park was way too big. However 55,000 people at an event is still a great crowd and would have been enough to sell the Aviva out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

So €50 is the cheapest at the minute? Think I'll sit it out for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

To be fair, the prices of some of the packages are extortionate so I'm not surprised the Americans aren't lining up to come over. Even with the weak dollar, there's some serious ripping off going on.

Yeah, lowest price being 50 euros right now is way too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,034 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Got an email today saying that there will be a presale on Feb 1st and general sale will be April.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Got an email today saying that there will be a presale on Feb 1st and general sale will be April.

Is this the first open to all presale or?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,034 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I got the email as I had registered my interest few months back.

Tickets go on sale to people who tegisteted, like myself, on Feb 1st.

It said they go on US general sale on Feb 3rd and Irish/European general sale in April.

Wonder if it's worth hanging on to see if they have a discounted price closet to the game. I got two seats good seats last year for €25 about a month before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

OU812 wrote: »
    Wonder if it's worth hanging on to see if they have a discounted price closet to the game. I got two seats good seats last year for €25 about a month before it.
    They're more popular teams this year, and a smaller stadium. Don't think they'll be offloading tickets late this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

A friend in Murica gave me a presale code for Ticketmaster, which I was able to get working on my phone, and which (helpfully) offered me only tickets priced $250 each.

Funnily, wasn't able to get the same availability going though the pc for some reason.

Think I'll wait for Irish tickets to be released, and will mostly be buying €35 tickets if available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Presale tickets go on sale at 2pm. Pre-Sale Code: CFBIRELAND

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

got me 2 tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

me too better selection today

OU812 wrote: »

They didn't drop in price last year, they were cheaper from the start. We got a family ticket (2+2) on the day for €50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Is that code expired now, doesn't seem to be working for me?

5.95 service charge for €70 sideline tickets, scandalous

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bateman wrote: »
    5.95 service charge for €70 sideline tickets, scandalous
    Standard unfortunately

Surely there is a way around it, when is the general sale?

That's standard for all ticketmaster tickets, regardless of event.

Is there still some kind of pre-sale still open for this?

• Advertisement

I really get the feeling this game isn't selling, they're going all out on the marketing on FB, even getting cheerleaders over today for a press event...

which is a pity because it's unlikely we'll get another...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement