Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you want a Vanilla Map reset?

Options
  • 14-04-2014 3:36pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since so many of you took a notion and ran with it despite the fact that no one actually said it was happening, it would suggest to me that there's a desire to reset the vanilla world (it also allows an opportunity to patch up to 1.7.8 maybe?).

I think we can all agree that we'd rather not have an amplified map, but it was fun to play on for a change.

Is it time to reset the vanilla map? 14 votes

Yes please
    0%
    No thanks
    78%
    bntmicko45welchyMoragDarkglassesrashersandbeanjohn the onejamo2oo9doddlyGoProGamingSciscitatio 11 votes
    Meh - I'm not fussed
    21%
    SolitairePompousAlanS181824 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

No thanks
    I voted yes, and yeah let's definitely not do amplified again. I guess we had to try it out once, but once is enough. It makes so much of the map un-usable for pretty much anything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

No thanks
    Also when we do the reset, can we use a seed where there's a good few different biomes within easy reach? I'd be happy to test a few out if nobody else wants to

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So that's a resounding "Meh" - I guess we carry on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

I don't think many people check here anymore :D

No thanks
    jujumushu wrote: »
    I don't think many people check here anymore :D

Yeah no kidding! I'm pretty certain Rachel Ann, Rashers, Oni, Doddly, Welchy and me all definitely want the reset, but there's only three votes for it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭doddly

No thanks
    I voted yes to a reset , can't bare to go on the server now that shop keeper Steve burned to death

No thanks
    doddly wrote: »
    I voted yes to a reset , can't bare to go on the server now that shop keeper Steve burned to death

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJdNugPxEdQRuiNDp_Zj_pLNFaCeflsCIoIGATtxCQlLPCY_DEKg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

No thanks
    I also voted for a reset as I want to start playing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

No thanks
    I might also suggest a new map have a Spawn Town like there was on an earlier map. This time there is some amazing construction going on, way out in the middle of nowhere where no-one knows it's happening. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

No thanks
    I'd agree with that

• Advertisement

There are usually spawn towns, not like a pre-generated village, but most of the time, that a new map is put up, people tend to set up quite close together. The amplified map this time kinda messed that up

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Meh - I'm not fussed
    The other issue(s) is that larger projects sometimes upset the neighbours and competition for resources tends to limit the scope of spawn builds :/ These factors have a habit of inevitably driving people away from spawn even on a normal Bukkit server :o

Yea, it was way too difficult to build a spawn town on the amplified map, combined with a lack of Lockette to be able to keep stuff safely stashed meant everyone was sorta quick to separate on this map. I'd suggest that if no one was acting the muppet, that's a much reduced concern..

Well since we've seen a good few more "Yes" additions, shall we pick a reset date?

No thanks
    Shiminay wrote: »
    Yea, it was way too difficult to build a spawn town on the amplified map, combined with a lack of Lockette to be able to keep stuff safely stashed meant everyone was sorta quick to separate on this map. I'd suggest that if no one was acting the muppet, that's a much reduced concern..

Well since we've seen a good few more "Yes" additions, shall we pick a reset date?

Might as well make it soon, I doubt people will play much when there's a reset coming.

Let's use a preliminary date of Saturday 26th. Need to figure out which version etc/stability/plugins and what not :)

No thanks
    Wooo! Are we going for a random seed?

Yea, something random, don't tell anyone what it is :D Also, check that it's a sorta daycent spawning area in terms of starting resources - trees mostly I guess to begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

No thanks
    What verison do I need my minecraft to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

Meh - I'm not fussed
    Just saw this thread. I voted no because my build is not finished, but if the people want a reset then I say give it to them. I am but a lowly newcomer after all.

So how long did that server last? I hope the next one is up for longer because it doesn't look like much got built on the current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

No thanks
    Bring on the 26th lads! :D

• Advertisement

Pompous: Quite a lot got built on the other map if you look at the dynmap, but the amplified did mean most of it was spread out, unlike most of the old maps. Why don't you finish it off tonight/tomorrow and take lots of pics? :P

Morag: Won't know until tomorrow, gotta check plugin compatibility etc. Could very well be the same version it is right now...or somewhere else in the region of 1.7.2-onwards.

Shim: But of course, my liege. It shall be done...

No thanks
    Pompous: Quite a lot got built on the other map if you look at the dynmap, but the amplified did mean most of it was spread out, unlike most of the old maps. Why don't you finish it off tonight/tomorrow and take lots of pics? :P

Heh I think Pomp needs more than 2 days to finish what he's planning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

No thanks
    Where can one find the place the Pomp is building? I'm at 6,181

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

No thanks
    Go to the spawn, you'll see it...

Meh - I'm not fussed

Yeah I thought the amplification had something to do with alright. I made it into a big spire. It's not worth taking pics of, but at least it's not unfinished. I'm happy enough to start a new map. What is the dynmap link for this 'other map'?
    Heh I think Pomp needs more than 2 days to finish what he's planning! :D

Yeah it would have taken forever. Especially at the rate I design things. I just made it into a big ugly spire instead. It may be ugly but at least it's something.
    welchy wrote: »
    Go to the spawn, you'll see it...

huehue :D

I meant for the current map ;)
    http://188.165.244.23:8123/#

Meh - I'm not fussed
    Haha oh right.

So what time is the great wipe of April?

Just checking out some seeds, should be in the next couple of hours :)

• Advertisement

No thanks
    Looking forward to the first night! I'll be playing without a mouse, so I'll probably be first to die..

Advertisement