Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, I'd wait for a couple of stable 1.8.x releases before even thinking of a SMP reset. Then I'm building a GIGANTIC blue tower thing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm thinking of a cloud base next...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

For our next map I'm hoping for the resurrection of Carlow/Mountmellick/Tallagh/Galway etc. Not to mention the Bank of CNC :P

I'm playing around in Creative, desperately need some manner of Copy/Paste functionality cause I wanna put together something huge and impressive (not quite as huge as blands ma - WWWWEEEEEEEEEEOoooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOoooooooo)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

I hear it has its own gravitational pull :eek:

welchy wrote: »
    I hear it has its own gravitational pull :eek:

No way to speak about Blands Ma.... :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It was up the north road but I can see clearly its not there. Doesn't really matter anyway but I would be interested in the server reset for 1.8 when you're happy to do it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Renegaid

I'd agree with you all on waiting for a few correction patches for 1.8, but I gleefully await it being server ready. I'm not 100% ready to let go of my area up north... not a pinch on Bland's, but hours put in nonetheless!

Anyone wanna log on tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I played yesterday for the first time in months and had ragequit within 24 minutes. What the hell was that ender thingy? http://www.twitch.tv/iairbiscuit/b/565107773

Perhaps on the morrow? Need to get back into it really!

Botulism wrote: »
    I played yesterday for the first time in months and had ragequit within 24 minutes. What the hell was that ender thingy? http://www.twitch.tv/iairbiscuit/b/565107773

It's always easiest to go straight for charcoal at the start instead of coal!

It's always easiest to go straight for charcoal at the start instead of coal!

I was well out of practise, the last time I even played minecraft was back in April

Also, who is this mysterious creature?
    8fyYJ3.png

What does an enderman normally look like in that texture pack?

What does an enderman normally look like in that texture pack?

Black and purple

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Maybe a glitch with the shaders at that angle?

Mother of god.. I wont sleep well tonight anyway!

I'll be on today at some point. To build my village wall and portcullis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I was well out of practise, the last time I even played minecraft was back in April

8fyYJ3.png

Its clearly Herobrine! You have been chosen!

I will be building a version of the Louvre on the new server. With attitude

Im quite baffled as to what that means John!

Which part old chum?

• Advertisement

"With attitude" part. You have us all intrigued!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

321256.png

Renegaid wrote: »
    "With attitude" part. You have us all intrigued!

maybe have the boner lisa, nearly virgin on the rocks sculpture etc. basically whatever innuendos i can fit in i will :)

and a death chamber the likes of which minecraft has never seen

That was me... I had just woke up :P

maybe have the boner lisa, nearly virgin on the rocks sculpture etc. basically whatever innuendos i can fit in i will :)

and a death chamber the likes of which minecraft has never seen

Oh John.. you're a different sort of something! I do gleefully await that creation though!
    Never did see your original "death chamber"

Haha Rachel, never play Minecraft after just waking up! Scares the bejesus outta peeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

Should we have a vote for the 1.8 unmodded server, I can see it bringing alot of new (old) traffic. That said I know all the current users want their bootiful creations preserved forever, so it's no biggie if you want to wait for the mods. I'm just bored of fapping about in single player :(

Tankran wrote: »
    Should we have a vote for the 1.8 unmodded server, I can see it bringing alot of new (old) traffic. That said I know all the current users want their bootiful creations preserved forever, so it's no biggie if you want to wait for the mods. I'm just bored of fapping about in single player :(

We might as well wait for the server mods, and reset it proper. I would advise you come join us on the current server mate! Pick a spot and begin your bootiful creations! :D
    It seems fairly quite during the week at le moment, weekends tend to have bit more activity.

Renegaid wrote: »
    We might as well wait for the server mods, and reset it proper. I would advise you come join us on the current server mate! Pick a spot and begin your bootiful creations! :D
    It seems fairly quite during the week at le moment, weekends tend to have bit more activity.

If by fairly quiet you mean bland kitten on then yeah you got that right. I actually find less chance of finding someone on weekend nights ad I do during the weekday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Well it is September so most people would be back to school or college and probably don't have the time to spare for Minecraft bar the weekends. At the moment, I can't play it due to serious internet problems on my PC so that has to be sorted first and then I'd be around a lot more!

I'd give it a go if the map was reset but there's no point in even trying now because I keep dying and any house I do make will be pointless once the map resets. It's just hard to get into a map you weren't around for the start of (Like the Carlow map, I didn't like that one either because I missed the start)

• Advertisement

Personally I'm not going to commit any more work into a server when there's a reset coming up, and I probably won't be doing any more big projects online in future. I'll keep them for my single player world.

y'see all this talk of a reset makes the thing a self fulfilling prophesy - you're all saying you're not gonna do anything else until a reset and then the next person will say "well we need a reset cause no one's doing anything" etc :)

I don't see a reset happening in less than 6 to 8 weeks as it seems to me that there's a lot of turmoil in Mojang Towers with all this Bukkit stuff as well as a potential MS buyout.

Shiminay wrote: »
    y'see all this talk of a reset makes the thing a self fulfilling prophesy - you're all saying you're not gonna do anything else until a reset and then the next person will say "well we need a reset cause no one's doing anything" etc :)

True that. It bothers me then that a lot of the talk of the reset is caused by people who only end up on the server for 2 weeks or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

On this server the map is so humungous, why would you demand a reset? Move a few hundred blocks from spawn, you can have a whole island to yourself and start digging. I'd prefer it if the server could be upgraded without a reset.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

bnt wrote: »
    On this server the map is so humungous, why would you demand a reset?

Because the server/map usually get's reset when there is an update important enough to justify doing so. Not sure if 1.8.x is that update but I have a feeling that it may be the last one that we'll see in a while.

If I'm honest, I'd wait till at least Christmas/New Year for a server upgrade and map reset. 1.8 was just released so there's going to be a lot of issues/bugs and that could dampen the gameplay online plus the mods/bukkits would need to be finetuned to work well on the server.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I don't think we'll be waiting that long, but I certainly don't see a reset happening in the immediate future either.

Also, wonder what happened to the legacy server? Back in the day our previous Vanilla SMP maps were put up on it for perusal. Unless something catastrophic happens to the actual world files the maps are saved anyway so no need to shy away from starting all but the very largest of projects at this point.

I don't play the single player. All my effort goes onto the boards server and I'm happy to keep building on the current version but the reason I play on the server is because the interaction with other players which at the moment is practically zero because nobody comes on. Which has stopped me from going on.

Now I'm not saying we need to update but if that's the only thing which brings players back on then surely its a good thing. A moderated empty server versus an unmodded full server?

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    plus the mods/bukkits would need to be finetuned to work well on the server.

Any news on Bukkit? Last thing I read is that there would be no 1.8 release.

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    Any news on Bukkit? Last thing I read is that there would be no 1.8 release.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm afraid so. There are a couple of other mods out there that may replace it but I wouldn't be waiting for Bukkit to come out in order to update any servers.

Sponge and Glowstone seem to be the next 'Bukkits'.

Right well someone wake me when it's been reset. Love a new map I do.

New build incoming...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Looks like its official, Microsoft to acquire Mojang for 2.5 billion
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/15/6151477/microsoft-minecraft-mojang-acquisition

Looks like its official, Microsoft to acquire Mojang for 2.5 billion
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/15/6151477/microsoft-minecraft-mojang-acquisition

Well that's just fan-fúcking-tastic then :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Might hop back on tomorrow and see if the house I started is still there, i think itsbeen 2 months since I played! Got stuck back into Arma 2 and 3 and they've been sucking up my limited gaming time.

Well if the server's staying I guess I'll get back to work on stuff on the server! The performance problems in 1.8 are really on my nerves!

What version of MC is the server running again?

Shiminay wrote: »
    What version of MC is the server running again?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Any amateur code crackers in the house? Or has Bland just gone insane from all the digging :P

LBLLSwu.png?1

qgkkC9H.png?1

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement