Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope Benedict to declare war on the Devil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

that is correct. religion is not opposed to sicence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

ryoishin wrote: »
    I think the protection of Michael comes from various OT stories and from various miracles in the early church etc.

Michael was often the advocate for Isreal when God was angry and her protector. In the early church he was the patron saint of the sick and the he leads souls to heaven.

Ive never been to an exorcism but is nt Scripture recited and doing things with "the authority of Christ".

Every Bishop has an excorist who is only known to him, i have heard and an excorcism is nt performed until there is a medical exam, normally.

Doesn't every Catholic baptism include an exorcism?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

excorcism is nt performed until there is a medical exam, normally.

Performed on whom?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Eh the oils of exorcism are used but I think its not the same thing strictly speaky. But I could be wrong.

On whom...... well whoever is possessed or said to be possessed or who a doctor examins and feels it is a spiritual natue or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Nerin you clearly haven't played it backwards :D
    At one time this was one of my favourite of all Led Zepplines tracks along with "a whole lot of love" Stairway to Heaven is satanic to the core, it is probably one of most well known and clearest of all tracks using back masking. the lyrics themselves are demonic enough played foreward. Heres the lyrics. http://www.brave.com/bo/lyrics/stairhea.htm

Below is a link to show you how this sounds played backward. "Because I live with satan", "the lord turn me off", "To my sweet Satan" "Who will give those with him 666, There was a little toolshed where he made us suffer sad Satan, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DgtxpRNT-r0&feature=related

Backward masking it is now old hat but it is still used, Rock stars these days just come straight out with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

all i can say rtdh is ROFL:D

Eh the oils of exorcism are used but I think its not the same thing strictly speaky. But I could be wrong.

On whom...... well whoever is possessed or said to be possessed or who a doctor examins and feels it is a spiritual natue or whatever.

I'd say the person that thinks another person has a big scary demon inhabiting their body is in greater need of medical attention...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Ahh yes, the same technique Britney Spears used :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV4kQBDoy70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

nerin wrote: »

I think Take That would fall under the heading of crap music rather than Satanic music. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

nerin wrote: »
    all i can say rtdh is ROFL:D

+1

I think Take That would fall under the heading of crap music rather than Satanic music.

eh yeah ok,go to the link before you try that joke ;)

Yeah like I remember seeing an exorcism on tv years ago and the priest was saying that most people who come/are brought to him just have medical issues and Id agree. He sent them away to a doctor he knew and who was used to seeing people who thought they were possessed.

But on the other hand (and ill prob be shot for this) I think those who dabble in wich craft and the like are opening themselves up to the unknown and may incurre things that need to be addressed spiritually weather that be exorcism or prayer or whatever. I have heard of people who did weeji boards (bad spelling) and who had various things happen to them and when they went to see a priest about it they just reaffirmed their baptism and said the creed and they felt they had been "relieved".

This type of Music comes in a package, it is a package deal! The listener doesn't just get the music alone. Over time one or more of the following evil fruits will be manifest in the life of the listener:

Rebellion, Suicide, Violence, Immorality, Blasphemy, Drugs & Alcohol, Occult.

Interesting statistics, The Average age of a Rockstar is 36.9 Years.
    Average Age at Death of Americans is 75.8 years.

Interesting mortality figures from well known artists. http://www.av1611.org/rockdead.html

obviously i disagree with you on some aspects of that,but its probably due to you not understanding some things in dept. on the other hand,i agree ouija boards are dodgey,very dodgey

rebellion? oohhh know!! :rolleyes:
    its a teenage thing rtdh.
    blasphemy? just because someone doesnt like your god doesnt make them evil,thats the idea that keeps people in check, do as your told or god will give you a frickin smack.
    im not even gonna argue with you over the generalised term of "the occult" although im sure you'll throw satanists,teeny bopper witches, pagans, practitioners of and type of "magick" etc into that loose term.

blaaa.

This type of Music comes in a package, it is a package deal! The listener doesn't just get the music alone. Over time one or more of the following evil fruits will be manifest in the life of the listener:
    I'd love to see you prove that.

Interesting statistics, The Average age of a Rockstar is 36.9 Years.
    Average Age at Death of Americans is 75.8 years.

Interesting mortality figures from well known artists. http://www.av1611.org/rockdead.html
    Its pretty common that money + popularity at a young age = all of those. Its certainly not limited to that type of music or even just the music industry.

ryoishin wrote:
    (and ill prob be shot for this)
    Loads shotgun...
    I think those who dabble in wich craft and the like are opening themselves up to the unknown and may incurre things that need to be addressed spiritually weather that be exorcism or prayer or whatever. I have heard of people who did weeji boards (bad spelling) and who had various things happen to them and when they went to see a priest about it they just reaffirmed their baptism and said the creed and they felt they had been "relieved".

You see there's the thing. Just because lots of people believe in prayer, Jesus etc its just as unknown as ouija boards, wicca and belief in the tooth fairy. If pushing a glass around a board scares you then having some self important preacher type wash away all the nastiness is probably going to be just as effective. Its almost like having your mammy kiss your knee when you graze it as a kid.

Sean_K wrote: »
    OMFG And Jesus died around that age too....

Jesus was a rockstar!
    But Jesus is rizen, Those deceased rockstars are still in their graves awaiting Judgement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

How many times do we have to stress this

The Exorcist was a FICTIONAL film!

• Advertisement

But Jesus is rizen, those rockstars are still in their graves awaiting Judgement day :D
    That depends on what religion they believed in, some of them may have been resurrected.

Mixed bag of fruits there.
    While suicide and violence are obviously bad whats wrong with the others apart from the fact that you don't like them?

How in the name of Zeus is blasphemy going to hurt anyone? Its just words. What if I play recordings of blasphemy backwards? It it still blasphemy? Maybe its prayer?
    Drugs and alcohol, meh, I use neither but each to their own private business.

The occult, isn't that just everything that your religion doesn't like about other religions?

I think if your depressed and suicidal then listening to music that will depress you even further will have those effects. A kid up my way jumped off a bridge after listening to some metallica but mettalica has the opposite effect on me. It comes down to the individual.

I dont get those play them backwards things. If you play it backwards and you can make some sense of it wont it then not make sense when played forward. Does the brain play songs backwards in your head?

I see your point 5uspect. For me I beleive in a God who wishes me no harm. I used the ouija board as an example, its not that your invoking God but whoever is "on the otherside" so you opening yourself to anything. I was more thinking on the lines of satan worshipers etc but i have no experience of this and even if ouija boards work. If they dont then your push pushing around a glass. Its not an everyday thought for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I think if your depressed and suicidal then listening to music that will depress you even further will have those effects. A kid up my way jumped off a bridge after listening to some metallica but mettalica has the opposite effect on me. It comes down to the individual.

The poor child in your area did not jump off a bridge because of Metallica. The kid obviously had some serious depression and Music was not the cause of that. Music could be a tipping point but people who say that suicides are cause by cannibal corpse and Marylin Manson are just avoiding the truth.

Yeah i totally agree. But he mentioned it in his suicide note. Did nt jim morrison write a book or something and someone read it and committed suicide because he wrote in it that life is pointless. But we only know this stuff because of suicide notes. My girlfriends mam committed suicide a few months ago and i was reading this booklet about how to cope so that i might be some comfort to her. Basically it said that the suicide notes never make sense because if they did make sense then the person would nt have done it.

Although that crazy frog song nearly drove me over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

Jesus was a rebel and a drinker who blasphemed against Judaism, chatted with Satan, hung around with whores and low-lifes and deliberately got himself killed.

zing!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just reading an article in todays Irish Independant about the Pope's concern on the occult and that he has vowed to "fight the Devil head on" by training hundreds of priests as exorcists. He is particuraly concerned that young people are being exposed to the influence of Satanism through the media, rock music and the Internet. I would agree with him totally on this one.

As a musician who plays rock and a person who works with the internet, I can safely say that I have not tried to convert one person to satanism. Although if a couple more people would come to my gigs, that would be nice.

RTDH, I really think you are taking a certain amount of sensationalism at face value. Firstly, while I do not think many people would argue that Crowley was something of a dangerous occult scumbag, he was not a satanist- himself once saying (paraphrasing here, as I do not want to be searching on occultists in work) "that anyone who cosiders me a satanist is a fool."

If I recall correctly alot of his work involved egyptian traditions, not even related to Catholicism.

Secondly, last I heard back tracking is not generally considered a fact- its people seeing patterns in randomness, as is our nature. I do believe a court case brought against Judas Priest based on it fell apart.

Personally my favourite song about religion is "The god that failed." :)

If I recall correctly alot of his work involved egyptian traditions,
    and hebrew too. 777 was an interesting read.
    +1 to sdoom, the best thing to do on this forum is not take it personally,back up your arguements and giggle as much as possible were all this crap is concerned.

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »

Secondly, last I heard back tracking is not generally considered a fact- its people seeing patterns in randomness, as is our nature. I do believe a court case brought against Judas Priest based on it fell apart.

It's funny how people only confine themselves to the time domain when looking for answers in music. Whats wrong with the frequency domain? Has anyone seen demons in wavelets? Surely the minions have a better knowledge of signal processing than a 10 year old?

Here is an example of what could be done:
    http://www.bastwood.com//aphex.php
    Satanic cats :rolleyes:

EDIT: You may have the money for a 40D but do you have money for the lenses?

Advertisement