Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V PC - April 14th

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

344750.png

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Yep was getting that myself. Had to keep pausing, resuming, restarting etc. It would go up to 28MB/sec at times then drop right down. I'd say it took a few hours in all to get the whole thing but should have taken half an hour at the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

<--- three days; maxed out my line the whole time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Noticing there's an "uncut" version; any difference between it and the cut version?

The story so far...

344792.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

A few helpful links for everyone new to GTA online.

Join the boards crew here

Stalk different pages on Lifeinvader to get discounts in-game.

Click the pics:

468x263.png

468x263.jpg

468x263.jpg

468x263.png

468x263.jpg

468x263.jpg

468x263.jpg

468x263.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Found this over @ futuremark forums, haven't noticed it posted yet just in case.

GTAV for PC will go live on April 14 at 12:00 AM BST (In the US, this is Monday, April 13, at 7:00 PM ET, 4:00 PM PT).

Copied from the Steam discussion on it.

PST: 13th of April: 4 PM
    CEST: 14th of April: 1 AM
    CST: 14th of April: 8 AM
    JST: 14th of April: 9 AM
    EDT: 13th of April: 7 PM
    MDT: 13th of April: 5 PM
    MSK: 14th of April: 2 AM
    AEST: 14th of April: 9 AM
    IST: 14th of April: 4:30 AM
    GMT: 13th of April: 11 PM
    EST: 13th of April: 7 PM
    BRT: 13th of April: 8 PM

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was at around 99% downloaded, but the installer said i needed to free up 350mb of space (i installed it on my SSD). I freed up around 5gb, and hit retry...and the downloader went back to around 40% with over 30gb to download again.

****ing awesome downloader.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

I just "bought" a key at onelinekeystore... I don't seem to have received the key in my email yet

How does all this work? do I pre-download the game somewhere, then apply the key on the day itself or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I've lost a few Gigabytes a few time when the connection goes. Bull ****. I have a crap connection as well. My computer has not turned off since it first was available to download. I'm on 28.49GB It was above 30 a few times. I come back connection gone and back to where I started. I'm regretting not getting it on steam. I reckon on steam I would have it fully downloaded now even on my crap connection.

Update so far:

344852.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I almost feel bad that mine downloaded in a little over an hour :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

JohnK wrote: »
    I almost feel bad that mine downloaded in a little over an hour :p

Yeah me too. Got great speed from rockstar

Wow, you're some of the lucky ones :) 60Gigs normally wouldn't be a bother to me, but good things come to those who wait and it's not like I can play it before Monday anyway. I just hope it's a case that they've prioritised game servers instead of FTP/Download servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Lads

those who bought their keys from key sites..

Do they send you the key within 24 hours? or do they send it the day of the release?

Ordered my key 2 days ago, no key yet, no response from key site (onlinekeystore.com)

• Advertisement

I got 2 keys (owed a friend a favour, he asked for a copy of the game). The first from Games Planet and the second from a Kinguin Seller. The Games Planet one was released on Tuesday and the Kinguin seller sent me mine yesterday. There's a chance you might have to wait till Monday, can't say for certain as I'm not familiar with the retailer you mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I got the key through g2play, activated the game on rockstars site and got the setup tool but I get a microsoft visual C++ runtime error. Abnormal program termination.

Try grabbing the setup file again so I suppose?

I've tried downloading it three times. A search just leads to a similar issue with GTA SA and mods, I've tried removing temp files, I ran CCleaner but that crashes during the registry clean.

Boot up in safe mode and run ccleaner?

• Advertisement

Stingerbar wrote: »
    Lads

those who bought their keys from key sites..

Do they send you the key within 24 hours? or do they send it the day of the release?

Ordered my key 2 days ago, no key yet, no response from key site (onlinekeystore.com)

The site I used promised free delivery, but took a week.

ouch :( Problem is it could be one of a hundred different things causing it :( At a guess, a Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable thing is missing.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Update so far:

344852.png

WTF??? :confused::confused::confused:

344871.png

^^Hope that does not happen me. I'm on 32.29GB now and speed is gone to shít even on my slow connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,627 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thank **** for steam lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

344871.png

Ouch, even on my crap internet I got it off steam in 6 hours.

Well you still have over 48 hours, I'm sure it will be fine

Edit: Just seen time remaining...

It's down to "only" 16 hours now. Rockstar support on Twitter asked me to submit a ticket. It may or may not get an answer, who knows. I'm just going to resign myself to it not being ready to play on Monday and that's disappointing, but it's also just the way things are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Looks like the download is timing out. Possibly try rebooting your router (although may not work if you have a static IP address), and flushing & registering the DNS on your PC? On... "things" that I get off the interwebs, it sometimes helps if it's not downloading correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

1huge1 wrote: »
    Ouch, even on my crap internet I got it off steam in 6 hours.

Many people are on 1/2 Mbit dsl. How crap is your internet?

• Advertisement

344918.png

:D

Fingers crossed it works now :D

The Rockstar installer is absolute ****. I restarted it again yesterday, and it got to 21gb downloaded before giving a timed out error. And it's nothing to do with my network. Clicked resume when i got up this morning, and it's working away again, but apparently i'll have to keep an eye on it all day so it doesn't crap out again.

Wish i'd paid the extra few euro for a Steam key now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,511 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Anyone know how the Rockstar installer works? Is it just using huge HTTP downloads as it sounds like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Spear wrote: »
    Anyone know how the Rockstar installer works? Is it just using huge HTTP downloads as it sounds like?

Doesn't seem to be, as you can pause it, close the program, and come back and resume from where it was. It's downloading fine for me so far thankfully.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,511 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Doesn't seem to be, as you can pause it, close the program, and come back and resume from where it was. It's downloading fine for me so far thankfully.

HTTP can do that with 206 range requests. Anyone got logs from it?

I done that a and it lost a few GB's. If only I was allowed to use Jdownloader it never loses anything the same as steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Took the plunge for pre-order and luckily got the right time, steady 28MB/s download speed which had it ready in about 35 minutes.
    goat-feels-good.jpg

My PC completely calved, had to do a clean install of windows, it was on the cards for a while anyway.

Download speed is between 2mb (24 hours to download at start) but drops to 40kbs if I leave it running for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Girlfriend gone on two weeks holidays as of this morning. Should have the single player campaign finished before she's back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Already have the game pre-loaded but this is really nice packaging all the same.

Downloaded now and ready to go. I seriously doubt there's any chance of actually playing the online version for the next few days though. Rockstar suck at these things.

Anybody here know how I can move my GTA V Rockstar location. I moved it into a new location and than ran the executable file and it just starts re-downloading in the original location.

Kiith wrote: »
    Downloaded now and ready to go. I seriously doubt there's any chance of actually playing the online version for the next few days though. Rockstar suck at these things.

Are that many people really gonna buy this compared to the console version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

errlloyd wrote: »
    Are that many people really gonna buy this compared to the console version.

You under estimate the power of amount of PC gamers out there, especially those who love to mod games to add something to it like they modded Skyrim to have the Dragons look like Macho Man :D

My PC can just barely run it and I would love to get it but I would definately need a new, more powerful than my current, PC to give it any justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I would guess nearly 2 million will buy it.

• Advertisement

It won't be as bad as the console launch (as that's probably not possible), but i doubt most people will be able to login without issues tonight. I hope i'm wrong, but we'll see.

This'll probably be the game that makes me upgrade some of my hardware :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

My fear....
    yM4XeNe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Going by past experience with Rockstar and their PC releases, its not gonna be easy!
    I would give it 2 weeks before everything is sorted, maybe more.
    I dont think they really care about PC gamers :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Probably a stupid question. I'm on Steam and my SSD is short on space. Is having ~75GB free enough, or do I need the 65GB for download and more for installation?

I had around 67gb free, and it failed somewhere around 95%. Had to redownload 30gb after i clicked resume, so i just cancelled it and installed it on the regulard drive, just in case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement