Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Power Bank EUR 16.90

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'm guessing he is referring to this?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057399212

Just ordered 2 of these on Allbuy, will see how long it takes to arrive.

Be wary of them for more than just shilling.
    They don't publish bad reviews and remove bad comments. They also have "fake" clones on some products, but you can't tell which because the comments are removed.
    They operate the same as Banggood/Allbuy/Amazon etc.. Multiple sellers selling from inside their main site. But their practices are sometimes questionable (the ban from here is one example) and attracts that type of seller. They are banned from a lot of sites/forums across Europe.

Less than a year ago they had very bad reviews. They have improved a lot since then (it's more profitable to refund and/or replace), but it's still the same people that operated that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I'm guessing he is referring to this?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057399212

Just ordered 2 of these on Allbuy, will see how long it takes to arrive.

I ordered from allbuy back in July was seemingly shipped on the 14th but never arrived,have e mailed them 3 times and keep getting told to wait for 2 more weeks and check with local post office.Time for a PayPal dispute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

RossieMan wrote: »
    I understand that, but to lose over 40% as heat? Seems a tad high does it not?

Hey sorry, was on Holidays - Didn't have the opportunity to reply.

With reference to the above mine seem to charge my Note 4 2 and a bit times. Working fine! I bought two and they are both working a charm, I'd chance emailing the retailer to see if there is any recourse?

Loosing 40% as heat is totally viable but is environment dependant! I left mine the pocket of my car to charge my phone and it was SCORCHING when I took it out. Only got 1.5 charges out of over that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

Mine eventually arrived today. Took over 2 months :/. Charging it now.

What is the turn on procedure? Charge it up. Then when I need to charge my phone, plug in my phone, press the big on button? Wait for it to charge and then turn off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I've found the power button does nothing, just plug in your device and unplug when fully charged. When charging the power bank it is fully charged when the four green lights are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Iv realised the on button is just to indicate how much energy is left in the power bank. It automatically turns on to charge and automatically turns off when not connected to a phone/tablet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I think you can choose to turn it off while its charging a device as well, I've no idea why you would not just plug it out.

It's a really nice device, nice size and big enough capacity to get a few charges out of it, was well worth the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

bought 2 of these at the same time.

one is working ok getting about 2-3 charges of the phone out of it.

the other barely charges it once.

Guess its the luck of the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Could do with another one but in a couple of weeks. My last one took 3 weeks to arrive.
    Would the delivery be any faster to uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭davetherave

Got two of these last month. No issues and it was reasonably quick for china post standards. I'm getting around two full charges of a phone and a tablet up to 70-80% on the one charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

I can't remember if there's some reason you can't post about Banggood on here, but I see on HUKD that the price of the 10,000mAh (silver) is down to $ 11.69 delivered. I'm pretty sure this is a direct link not a referral link or anything like that.

g0g wrote: »
    I can't remember if there's some reason you can't post about Banggood on here, but I see on HUKD that the price of the 10,000mAh (silver) is down to $11.69 delivered. I'm pretty sure this is a direct link not a referral link or anything like that.

Use any of these codes to bring it down to €10.02 delivered

2ef64a , ef0917 , 98a214

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

I can't remember if there's some reason you can't post about Banggood on here, but I see on HUKD that the price of the 10,000mAh (silver) is down to $ 11.69 delivered. I'm pretty sure this is a direct link not a referral link or anything like that.
    Allyall wrote: »
    Use any of these codes to bring it down to €10.02 delivered

2ef64a , ef0917 , 98a214

Thanks, just took a punt on one of these. For some reason the silver one was cheaper than the red? Both seemed to be 10000mAh. £7.76 to UK with the discount.

Cheers,had bought from allbuy but never got it,(took a month to get a refund from them).Hopefully better luck with baangood

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

You can get a tracking number for this on Banggood for an additional €1.44.

Brought mine to €11.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

For charging these can it be done from a laptop/desktop PC and if so would that take much longer than the 5.5 hours with the mains adaptor?

Got the Xiaomi 10400Mh delivered yesterday (to the UK) 7 days after ordering. I did select the CN warehouse option, but it looks like it was sent from the UK. I haven't plugged it in yet, but impressed by the quality of the item and the packaging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

For charging these can it be done from a laptop/desktop PC and if so would that take much longer than the 5.5 hours with the mains adaptor?
    It'd take a lifetime via USB. Just plug them in overnight !

gucci wrote: »
    Got the Xiaomi 10400Mh delivered yesterday (to the UK) 7 days after ordering. I did select the CN warehouse option, but it looks like it was sent from the UK. I haven't plugged it in yet, but impressed by the quality of the item and the packaging.

Did you pay the bit extra for the tracking number option? If so can you share it (if there's no personal information in there I mean!). Just curious about the different stages in the delivery process.

Did you pay the bit extra for the tracking number option? If so can you share it (if there's no personal information in there I mean!). Just curious about the different stages in the delivery process.

No Standard shipping (untracked) info from site:
    Shipping Method:Standard Shipping
    Track Number:Untracked
    Order Placed Date:2015-10-08 03:02:38
    Warehouse:CN
    Shipped Date:2015-10-11 05:25:20

I received it yesterday. As I said it looked like it was posted from UK,not from China (had no customs labels and had a pretty British looking franking)

• Advertisement

Just got mine this morning from bangood,ordered 12 days ago so thats pretty quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,016 ✭✭✭✭GBX

NATLOR wrote: »
    Just got mine this morning from bangood,ordered 12 days ago so thats pretty quick

Mine came also this morning. A lot quicker than expected.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Got mine today too, much faster than expected. Looks like a class piece of kit. It's currently charging itself and my phone. Do all 4 leds light up when it is charged or?

Got mine today too, much faster than expected. Looks like a class piece of kit. It's currently charging itself and my phone. Do all 4 leds light up when it is charged or?

Yes, they do indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I bought one of these for Electric Picnic. Great piece of kit. Just bought another after seeing this thread. Can't go wrong for €12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

how long can they hold a charge for them selves ???

&

can you charge multiple devices of it together ????

I saw load of people using then in india lately with elastic bands holding them onto there phones, kinda reminded me of the Malibu add with the phone paper books stuck onto you mans phone, ha

How long they last depends on the size of the devices you're charging. I think I was getting 7 charges of an iPhone5

The smaller 10000 version only has 1 usb port for connecting a cable - Im not sure if you can use or even if there is a splitter for charging 2 devices?
    Whereas the 16000mha version has 2 slots for charging 2 devices at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

Synode wrote: »
    How long they last depends on the size of the devices you're charging. I think I was getting 7 charges of an iPhone5

no I ment like in term of self discharge if you not uninsg it, like ot have one left on glove box of car for a month, would it hold charge ????

Notch000 wrote: »
    no I ment like in term of self discharge if you not uninsg it, like ot have one left on glove box of car for a month, would it hold charge ????

I have no idea

• Advertisement

I recently used mine after a week, possibly 2 of no use and it still had 3 bars of charge in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭VeVeX

GBX wrote: »
    I recently used mine after a week, possibly 2 of no use and it still had 3 bars of charge in it.

That's one of the advantages of Lithium Ion

how long can they hold a charge for them selves ???
    &

can you charge multiple devices of it together ????
    itll hold a charge for several weeks.

7 charges on a 5? Not a chance. Assuming a sub 10% battery on an iPhone 5, you'll get to 100% maybe 3 times MAX. But Jesus, from 10% to 80% is bloody fast! Obviously as you approach "90% plus" territory, it'll slow right down. Great piece of kit for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

GBX wrote: »
    The smaller 10000 version only has 1 usb port for connecting a cable - Im not sure if you can use or even if there is a splitter for charging 2 devices?
    Whereas the 16000mha version has 2 slots for charging 2 devices at once.
    Much is the 16000

dodzy wrote: »
    itll hold a charge for several weeks.

7 charges on a 5? Not a chance. Assuming a sub 10% battery on an iPhone 5, you'll get to 100% maybe 3 times MAX. But Jesus, from 10% to 80% is bloody fast! Obviously as you approach "90% plus" territory, it'll slow right down. Great piece of kit for the money.

I'm nearly sure it was. The iPhone 5 battery is only 1440 mAh. 10000 / 1440 = 6.9

I'm nearly sure it was. The iPhone 5 battery is only 1440 mAh. 10000 / 1440 = 6.9
    Forget the 10K; it'll be 6.5 (ish). Anyway, I'm being petty :-). It's a great device for sure and great build quality; akin to an apple I daresay :cool:

dodzy wrote: »
    Forget the 10K; it'll be 6.5 (ish). Anyway, I'm being petty :-). It's a great device for sure and great build quality; akin to an apple I daresay :cool:

I already have one. And I'm telling you I defo got at least 6 charges off it.

At Electric Picnic it charged both mine and my wife's phones on the Fri Sat and Sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Back of the envelope calc suggests that you'd want to double charge times from USB3, and quadruple it from USB2.

Mind you, depends what mains charger you'd be using. (There's none included in the package, as far as I'm aware.) With the phone charger I have to hand it'd be no faster than with USB2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

According to t'internet, notional rates for Li-ion battery tech are you lose 5% in the first day, but the next 5% should take said month. I'd say that's about in line with my experience of them in various devices. But that'll worsen over time, and with suboptimal storage. Your glovebox might tend to get out of the temperature range, for example.

I've a similar (but smaller and different brand) device and I've had it in my backpack for emergency recharge on cycle trips for what must be months now, and there's still at least some charge in it. (No indicator bar, so can't tell you what fraction. Maybe overdue a top-up, at this stage!)

Definitely longer/slower than NiMH, the usual tech in AA/AAA rechargeables. Those I'm having to recharge constantly...

Advertisement